Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Technical (D4)

Re spare power connector in rear left hand side cubby hole
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Arctobear

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Landmark LE Auto Waitomo GreyDiscovery 4
Re spare power connector in rear left hand side cubby hole

In the rear LHS cubby hole where the detachable took hook is kept, there is a spare power connector with 2 black cables (these are earth) and blue white ( poss +12v) can anybody what's its for, it's currently not used, just clicks in a dummy plug) am hoping to use that supply to power up a small mains invertor of could be mounted in the cubby compartment. If I can find the fuse position for it on main fuse I could it powered up. Any suggestion guys . Thanks Mark (arctobear)

Post #207970330th Aug 2019 9:59 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
M3bobby

United Kingdom 

Do you have keyless?

Just be sure the dummy plug isn’t the keyless receiver because that wouldn’t be good. Can you post a photo?

Post #207973931st Aug 2019 8:41 am
Arctobear

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Landmark LE Auto Waitomo GreyDiscovery 4
Re spare power connector

Hello, thanks for getting back, it's not what you thought, but it's quite standard on some car manufacturers do, this connector dummy plug is mounted on fromework so it's not left loose from the wiring loom .sorry it's brown and blue wire is +12v.

Post #20799481st Sep 2019 11:23 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
M3bobby

United Kingdom 

Can you post a photo?

Post #20799811st Sep 2019 2:30 pm
Arctobear

Re spare power cobbector

Hi , I thought I sent pic this morning , no prob I resend

Post #20800651st Sep 2019 8:37 pm
Arctobear

Re spare power cobbector

Hi , I thought I sent pic this morning , no prob I resend , sorry having problems with sending pic, do I upload it , n

ot sure, it's on the gallery on the message, sorry first time I used this Thanks , its mark here

Post #20800681st Sep 2019 8:41 pm
Washwipe

England 

Towing electrics?

Post #20800851st Sep 2019 9:48 pm
Arctobear

Re spare supply connector

Hi, thanks for getting back, towing electrics already wired up and presented, shame there not a Haynes manual , I do have a workshop manual , gone through all the diagrams can't find that connector, it's not user friendly, I checked all the fuses on all the fuse boards all seem to be there and no positions available to fuse up for that cable. It's a shame I can't get out the fuse boards out and trace the blue and brown wire and see where it goes, thanks again

Post #20800941st Sep 2019 10:03 pm
MikeBob

South Africa 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 SE Auto Ipanema SandDiscovery 4

It could be the power supply for the rear air con unit found in the HSE models

Post #20801362nd Sep 2019 6:11 am
M3bobby

United Kingdom 

I can’t tell from the photos where that is but you can take a look here and see if you can get a connector number and then someone (I may be able to) can get you the wiring diagram.

https://www.disco4.com/forum/connector-loc...r+location

This is for a 2010 to 2012, what year is yours?

Post #20802232nd Sep 2019 11:36 am
Arctobear

Re spare power connector

Hi Mike, it's a 2016 landmark, it's based around hse lux , but doesn't have all the lux options, what I did notice that f22 been fitted which is rear blower of which I don't have, also the fuse info in handbook don't seem to tie up. I have a look on the diagrams to see if I can see it, the connector shown on pic is located lhs rear cubby hole where tow hook is kept, there another spare connector above it with thin wire, I think is some sort control cabling, I know with tow electrics, some kits have a white as well a black connector, but I have 11pin NATO instead. The loom where that connector is located must be fie rear left hand lights etc tail gate cabling . Thanks very much

Post #20804183rd Sep 2019 1:14 am
M3bobby

United Kingdom 

The Fuse boxes are almost the same for all Discoveries of the same MY. The only difference between them is if it’s an auto or manual steering column. Every box came with every circuit fuse fitted regardless of the option being fitted or not. So F22 being there is fine.

Post #20804243rd Sep 2019 6:48 am
Arctobear

Re spare connector

Hi , if you can find Connector C1381-4 This is 12v trailer feed, part of towing electrics of which my towing electrics on have a 7 pin outlet fir lights indicators etc , am hoping its in the area of the lhs cubby hole, I could use that feed for my invertor. Thks mark

Post #20812655th Sep 2019 10:48 pm
Washwipe

England 
Re: Re spare supply connector

Arctobear wrote:
Hi, thanks for getting back, towing electrics already wired up and presented, shame there not a Haynes manual , I do have a workshop manual , gone through all the diagrams can't find that connector, it's not user friendly, I checked all the fuses on all the fuse boards all seem to be there and no positions available to fuse up for that cable. It's a shame I can't get out the fuse boards out and trace the blue and brown wire and see where it goes, thanks again

Can’t seem to find the smaller plug on mine, the larger one is fixed to a mount with nothing plugged in to it. Have another spare plug with eight wires going in to it instead, again connected to nothing.

Post #20814476th Sep 2019 6:29 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >