Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > General

Thanks but no thanks.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 4 <1234>
al cope

England 

Tonga (I would say that wouldnt I). Only colour a land rover should be made in (or Epsom, which both my TD5 were, as long as its LR green)

Al
 Volvo XC90 B5 Plus Dark
Gone - MY18 D5 HSE - Corris on 22's with Black Pack
Now gone - MY16 D4 SE Tech, Loire Blue, Almond Leather, Privacy, plus some other goodies.
Old - MY12 D4 SDV6 XS Auto - Ipanema Sand with Almond Leather - Plus other niceties, and D4.com sticker
Older - D3 TDV6 XS Auto - Lugano Teal with Almond Leather, 20" Stormers, Shiny Tailpipes, DVD/TV - and obligatory D3 sticker
Ancient - D3 TDV6 S - Tonga with Ebony, 20" Stormers, satnav & DVD 

Post #8024423rd Aug 2006 5:28 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Pelyma

England 

I can recommend Harwoods Pulborough, David Marsh has always looked after me end of the quarter is usually a good time Wink The rear diff is fine if you are willing to wait and do a lot of serious off roading. Most on here don't have it and have never needed it, but its horses for courses - sod's law dictates that I will get stuck next time out Rolling Eyes
 DS3 TDV6 HSE - Silver with Alpaca (old one) Gone
DS3 TDV6 HSE- Silver with Alpaca (new one) Gone
D4 HSE Lux - Montalcino Red Gone
Porsche Cayenne V8 Diesel S 

Post #8024623rd Aug 2006 5:34 pm
simon

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

vertex,

Vienna looks very nice - saw one and it went very well with the plastic trim. Personally I find the darker colours hide the design and make the D3 look toooo slab sided.

And yes, add the rear diff. Apart from sat nav, its the only think I wish I'd added. Not pricey in the grand scheme of things so you might as well.

Why not have a day out in Malvern ? The LRO show is on this weekend and there will be plenty of D3's kicking around to look at colour wise. If you manage to make it I'm sure one of those going would be more than happy to answer any questions you may have.

cheers

-s

Post #8024823rd Aug 2006 5:37 pm
vertex

United Arab Emirates 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Laughing

and with Murphy's law just around the corner, no one will be there to get you out!

Simon...many thanks for the proposal. I will be baby sitting our 1 month old baby this weekend as my wife has asked for some 'time out'
I think the best thing for me is to attend one of the pub meets in the southeast/Surrey...

Post #8025023rd Aug 2006 5:40 pm
simon

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

cool... you could send 'the wife' to Malvern, we will entertain her Wink

any more questions... feel free to ping us.

cheers

Post #8025323rd Aug 2006 5:48 pm
nobbyclark

Re: Thanks but no thanks.

sumpcracker wrote:
i am now looking at a Pathfinder

I am massively surprised that LR have not sued Nissan for copying the shape of the D3 (minus the stepped roof) in relation to the Pathfinder. I see loads of these things on the road thinking they are D3's. At least if you do go for one you will be getting a nice shape.

But I wouldn't take advice from any site that has as many pop-ups as Honest John's. Every time you make a selection from a drop-down. The creators of that site should be made to use it for a week...
 No longer a D3 owner but still subscribed to multiple threads!  
Post #8025623rd Aug 2006 5:53 pm
Slimer
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

vertex wrote:
I think the best thing for me is to attend one of the pub meets in the southeast/Surrey...
What you doing Friday then? The End  
Post #8026323rd Aug 2006 6:41 pm
paul

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

I have to say that 8 months in the D3 and we have had no problems. Anyone who buys a new model in the first 12-18 months is going to have problems no matter who makes it. We replaced a new shape BMW530D estate and in 18 months of ownership it was in the garage 10 times and off the road for over a month. Almost everything went wrong with it, turbo, manifold, steering and electrics over and over again.
We were glad to get rid of it but the guy who purchased it has not had a problem in the 8 months he has owned it.
We fixed all the problems and BMW tested the car with it's customers! £44k and to say we would never have another BMW is an understatement!
Moral is don't buy in the first 12-18 months until the problems have being sorted as they have been with the D3 and the BMW 5 series. I'm sure anyone buying one now will have trouble free motoring. The disadvantage of technology is problems with it but someone has to lead the way and give it a go. The BMW was light years ahead of even the disco3 but boy did we pay for it! Shocked

Regards Paul
 2006 TDV6 S Auto, Buckingham Blue, for the wife and kids.
2013 BMW 535d M sport touring. 

Post #8027123rd Aug 2006 7:03 pm
D'arkuk

England 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Manual Java BlackDiscovery 3

With out getting into a competition over who has had the most problems, I’ve had a number that (and I’ve not even got my D3 yet) under any other circumstances would have see me cutting my nose off to spite my face. I have to be fair though and say that in the end the problems I’ve had have now been sorted out to my complete satisfaction, but at the time if there was an alternative I would have taken it, but for the money / spec / capability Etc… I personally don’t see that there is one.
 Brute force and ignorance, the D3 does the rest.  
Post #8033324th Aug 2006 10:00 am
catweasel

D'arkuk wrote:
With out getting into a competition over who has had the most problems, I’ve had a number that (and I’ve not even got my D3 yet) under any other circumstances would have see me cutting my nose off to spite my face. I have to be fair though and say that in the end the problems I’ve had have now been sorted out to my complete satisfaction, but at the time if there was an alternative I would have taken it, but for the money / spec / capability Etc… I personally don’t see that there is one.
Question Question Question Question  
Post #8033424th Aug 2006 10:05 am
DG
Site Moderator 

Wales 

paul wrote:
The BMW was light years ahead of even the disco3

How many suspension height and terrain response settings did the BMW have then ?... didn't realise it was a 4x4 as well Shocked
 21 year LR veteran > D2 GS 2003 > D3 S 2006 > D3 HSE 2009 > D4 HSE 2013 > D4 HSE 2015 > D5 HSE 2018 > DS HSE R-Dynamic P300e 2021  
Post #8033524th Aug 2006 10:07 am
D'arkuk

England 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Manual Java BlackDiscovery 3

Sorry for the confusion catweasel, I'm trying to say that in my opinion for the money I was spending I would have been mad to buy any other family sized 4 x 4. The problems where dealer related but have now been sorted out. Smile but at the time if there was a vehicle that could match the D3 for the money (I did try to find one) I would have given that manufacture / dealer my business. Thumbs Up
 Brute force and ignorance, the D3 does the rest.  
Post #8033824th Aug 2006 10:29 am
paul

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

dickgriff

Adaptive steering, Head up display projects onto the windscreen like a fighter jet, infra red night time radarthat can see 3 x as far as your headlights and shows up heat just like a Police helicopter, adaptive cruise control maintains distance from cars in front and brakes etc, Crash sensors that call the emergency services in the event of an airbag activation after calling the car and failing to get a response from the driver via GPS location! Air conditioned seats that blow cool air through hundreds of pinholes in the leather, oh and they massage you aswell if thats your flavour. This car has been out since 2003. New things to come like self park and proximity sensors to help prevent accidents.
They do make it in 4x4 for Europe but I guess it does not have terrain response so the LR is one up there! Wink
Has all the boring stuff like adaptive headlights, self leveling suspension, electric seats, nav etc.
Saying that the Disco is better for our needs and upto now more reliable but I think you have to agree is a little behind BMW. Very Happy
Regards Paul
 2006 TDV6 S Auto, Buckingham Blue, for the wife and kids.
2013 BMW 535d M sport touring. 

Post #8034524th Aug 2006 11:13 am
DG
Site Moderator 

Wales 

The gadgets sound fantastic !! ....... they are chalk & cheese as a direct comparison though.......I think it's fair to say by your description the BMW is clearly light years ahead of the vast majority of vehicles on the road.
 21 year LR veteran > D2 GS 2003 > D3 S 2006 > D3 HSE 2009 > D4 HSE 2013 > D4 HSE 2015 > D5 HSE 2018 > DS HSE R-Dynamic P300e 2021  
Post #8035624th Aug 2006 12:27 pm
Buckingham

United Kingdom 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Rimini RedDiscovery 3

vertex wrote:
Laughing

I will be baby sitting our 1 month old baby this weekend as my wife has asked for some 'time out'

I will be taking our 1 month old son....we can push our pushchairs round together....

Post #8036124th Aug 2006 1:05 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 3 of 4 <1234>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >