Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > General

She's off to the dealer (for ever)
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
pko

England 

quote [other road users attitudes) Can you enlighten me to what attitudes you are getting from other road users.
I've never knowingly exprienced anything untoward
 never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly

current motor RRsport hse

prev. cars TD5
3 Ford Explorers
2 Ford Mavericks
Sierra 4x4 

Post #14093420th Mar 2007 11:33 am
cmyers_uk

2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Pelyma,

I was not comparing the car to the van in terms of performance indeed that would be stupid. I was addressing the guys negative comments (Points 2 and 4) and explaining that although he may go and buy a car that doesnt break down and has a good dealer network in my experience. He will still end up coming back because the D3 is amazing.

Changing dealers is a tricky one, its a balance between convinience versus quality of service versus getting the best price for a new one. I do vote with my feet though and went elsewhere to buy this one.

Cheers

Chris

Post #14106220th Mar 2007 8:04 pm
camLR3

United Kingdom 2005 LR3 TDV6 HSE Manual Zambezi SilverLR3

pko wrote:
quote [other road users attitudes) Can you enlighten me to what attitudes you are getting from other road users.
I've never knowingly exprienced anything untoward

Its been vandilised 3 times in private car parks. People generally very reluctant to let you out etc - I get more courtesy when I'm in my porsche 911! Again not a huge issue - I live in a rural area though so was a little suprised by this.

The depreciation is over just over 2 years from new and works out at about 80p a mile depreciation when I do the full sums.

Its been at the dealership getting on for 20 times over that period and there are still outstanding faults.

Love the car when it works, but all my local dealers are owned by the same large group and I no longer have any faith in them being capable of fixing the vehicle, so it has to go before the warranty runs out!

The depreciation is a little disappointing but hey its a big 4x4 so I guessed it would be in the 50-80p a mile area when I purchased it, but I have to say I wouldn't buy another Land Rover because of the dealers more than anything else. Ideally it would have been trouble free, but the least you can expect is dealers capable of fixing them, and possibly being a little apologetic if they are seeing you for the 20th time!

Post #14175322nd Mar 2007 7:13 pm
ArcFro

Finland 

I've also had mine share of peoples attitude against 4x4 today. Some Censored had spitted several times over bonnet and there was some tobacco ashes too. Evil or Very Mad

I'm 100% sure that my parking was legal and it shouldn't have been offence to anyone. I just love D3 but this attitude against 4x4 is truly worrying. Crying or Very sad

Hope you very best on your new vehicle.

Post #14175722nd Mar 2007 7:37 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >