Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > General

Fuel pump failure at 5000klm?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
ian mac

Australia 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3
Fuel pump failure at 5000klm?

just spent a great long weekend at bundjalung national park on the coast in northern new south wales.great camping behind the dunes.we felt like we had the beach to ourselves with no signs of civilization all the way up to the raaf bombing range.all good things must come to an end so we packed up to return to brisbane.the trip range was telling me i would make it back without refueling,but i was keeping a close watch.got to tweed heads on the border and the range was down to 40 klms.seemed thirsty but we had a lot of gear with pod and oztent on roof.pulled of the pacific highway and looked for a servo.as soon as we stopped at a set of lights smoke started pouring out from under the bonnet.stoped the car on side street and popped the lid.there was lots of smoke but no flame.liquid was dripping under car but looked like aircon.a check under car showed greasy smelly diesel .rang landrover assist (racq handle calls)and they sent out nrma.mechanic came hour later and asked me to turn on car.started fine but fuel was leaking/spraying into engine bay and leaking out from under car.an urgent request to turn it off followed.the verdict was tow it.i had to call landrover assist again?as nrma couldn,t order tow.thank god for mobile phones ,and that we had reception(none at national park).lucky for us we were more than 100klms from home or we wouldn,t have been eligable for rental car.they refused to tow car to brisbane so it went into holding yard and then to southport dealer on monday.it seemed like it took forever(3.5hrs)but i must say RACQ were very nice and helped as much as they were allowed.a phonecall today verified what racq told me yesterday.i will be in the crappy hyundai tuscon at least into second week.landrover blame it on a faulty fuel pump.because the diesal sprayed all over the engine bay all of the belts have to be replaced.one of the belts is not available in australia and has to come from england?.the guy said this has never happened before,thus the part not being available?. ian

Post #14120121st Mar 2007 9:32 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >