DISCO4.COM > Off Roading & Green Laning

Anyone help a greenhorn in Worcs?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Rattlehead

England 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux Auto Indus SilverDiscovery 4
Anyone help a greenhorn in Worcs?

Hey all,

Bought my Disco 3 Xmas last year after a long, long wait and lengthy search for what I wanted. Although I'm using it every day for my business, I'm dying to take it off road and get it muddy. Only problem is I know nobody else who does it and I have never driven off road before, despite being in my early forties. Yeah, I know, but I've been busy!

Don't want to do anything extreme, just maybe take in a couple of green lanes or similar. Is there anybody out and about, preferably North Worcestershire who'd like to help out a complete novice, would have me tag along and most importantly, doesn't mind a serious of stupid questions asked in a Black Country accent? It'd be bostin' if yow cud loike.

Post #130314326th Jun 2014 12:22 am
Andy Foster

United Kingdom 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Tech Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Welcome along Thumbs Up

A good starting point would be to book yourself onto a Landrover Experience day (LRE). That way you'd find out what all the controls do and what the vehicle is capable of (it's a lot Thumbs Up ).

Andy
 D4 MY15 SE TECH
D3 gone but never forgotten. 

Post #130317226th Jun 2014 7:03 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Rattlehead

Cheers Andy. Looked into that, have to say does look like a good starting point. Only quibble would be that (as is ever the case with LR I guess) it's extortionately expensive.

You don't happen to know of any similar type things in West Mids/Worcs that wouldn't require taking the equity out of my home do you?

Post #130366527th Jun 2014 9:14 am
Andy Foster

United Kingdom 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Tech Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

There's a 4x4 mag out at the minute, not one of the LR ones, can't remember what it's called. It has a write up of most if not all of the off road/green laning companies that you can go on tours with. With some you have the choice of using your own car or one of there's. Might be one close to you.

Hope that helps

Andy
 D4 MY15 SE TECH
D3 gone but never forgotten. 

Post #130384727th Jun 2014 7:30 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
galwaygreen

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Graphite LE Auto Loire BlueDiscovery 4

get yourself over to LRE Solihull.
do the factory tour 30 quids and half a day off road about 225 quids
if you spent all that money on buying your d3...this is only small beer and you WILL enjoy and learn from it...

Post #130389127th Jun 2014 9:19 pm
Rattlehead

Cheers guys. I'll have a look for the mag.

And whilst I appreciate the suggestion of doing the factory tour, I've spent enough time there already thanks! I worked for a major paint supplier for a number of years, we painted lots for SV. Actually , if anyone's unhappy with the colour matching on their 50th anniversary Defenders, I apologise, but I was young and probably hungover at the time.
Wink

Post #130392127th Jun 2014 11:24 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >