geoffsnook

Wales 

So the tow bar has nothing to do with it then Question
 Discovery 3 se gone
Range rover sport supercharged here:) 

Post #15389473rd Oct 2015 4:32 pm
Lost for Words

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

They should check both the socket and the bar for wear, which, without a doubt, requires it to be removed... Thumbs Up
 Current: Discovery 3 06MY (55 reg) HSE Auto Zambezi Silver Zambezi Silver Allisport Fast Road Intercooler, V8 Brakes, Silicone IC Hoses, EGRs Blanked, Remapped, De-Cat pipe, FBHIC
Freelander 2 2007 HSE Manual Tambora Flame
Previous: FL2 56 reg SE Manual Black (written off Sad )
Disco 3 06 reg B7S Manual Rimini Red Rimini Red
Disco 2 TD5 Y reg ES Manual Blue - Chipped Very Happy
Several Discovery 300 TDis

Post #15389873rd Oct 2015 6:14 pm
Bigcol66

2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Landmark LE Auto Indus SilverDiscovery 4

Got my letter today. Just wondering how they will check mine because the lock is seized up and I can not remove it
Do you think I will get a new towbar out of them?

Post #15389903rd Oct 2015 6:18 pm
Landylover6

Tow bar

Just wanted to say thanks to all those that posted items on the forum regarding the issues and then the recall of the detachable towbar. Got mine checked it was faulty and I'm having a fixed one fitted by the local dealership free of charge! Many thanks to all.

Post #15391884th Oct 2015 12:41 am
pope227

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux Auto Causeway GreyDiscovery 4

qwick69 wrote:
I have, and they will replace it with a retractable one. BUT I have to sign a disclaimer saying LR take no responsibilty if it fails. Which I am not prepared to sign.
You dont need to sign a disclaimer if you buy a new car with one, so why do you have to sign one for an older car.

Had the exact same thing with mine. My annoyance is they say the crossmember is fine it's the bar that's worn so I will need a fixed one "as the towing I do is over and above the limits of the detachable" they can't seem to get that I bought the bar new off them. It is three years old and probably done 2000 miles towing a 90kg nose tin tent. It is always greased and removed when not in use. If it can't cope with that then it's not fit for purpose. I don't want a fixed one for the 5 times a year I use it, but then why should I have to sign as responsible for their bad design I don't want to do that either. Where do I stand?
 D4 HSE Luxury
Causeway Grey 

Post #15391914th Oct 2015 12:52 am
Archeci

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

We returned to Hatfields in Hull on Thursday afternoon to have the new fixed multi height tow bar fitted. As I have already said our D3 was inspected to week before, when they removed the detachable tow bar after drilling the lock. They had then fitted a new lock and left the tow bar in the boot advising me not to fit it.

Well on Thursday we dropped the D3 off and went for a bite to eat, it should have been completed by 3.30PM. Shortly before that time I received a call telling me the D3 was done but asking where my tow bar was. The service lad seemed annoyed when I told him it was at home explained what had happened the week before. He went on to tell me they needed the old one for the warranty claim, this was never explained to me.

On reaching Hatfields my car was not ready, it was 4.20PM before the D3 was returned with a poor attempt at washing it which had been allowed to dry with dirty windows. I was questioned regarding getting the old tow bar to them, I agreed to drop it off after work on Tuesday which is the next time I will pass the dealership while they are open without going out of my way. Can they make me return it?

I now have the new fixed tow bar sticking out of the back of my D3, I guess it will have to grow on me. The tow ball had been fixed at the lowest position I have already had to move it as its way too low for my small trailer. At no point has anyone asked me what and if I tow, if they had I would have said I have towed a horse box once and other than that only have a small 350KG trailer.

Lee
 Tonga Green TDV6 S

Remember laughing or smiling confuses the management. 

Post #15396274th Oct 2015 8:24 pm
Richie63

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Got my letter a few days ago, but my tow bar was supplied electrics installed by an independent towing company, therefore I have a Thule tow bar.
Same animal, I know but not branded LR, wouldn't think mine would be covered.

Post #15397554th Oct 2015 11:30 pm
Landylover6

Archeci wrote:
We returned to Hatfields in Hull on Thursday afternoon to have the new fixed multi height tow bar fitted. As I have already said our D3 was inspected to week before, when they removed the detachable tow bar after drilling the lock. They had then fitted a new lock and left the tow bar in the boot advising me not to fit it.

Well on Thursday we dropped the D3 off and went for a bite to eat, it should have been completed by 3.30PM. Shortly before that time I received a call telling me the D3 was done but asking where my tow bar was. The service lad seemed annoyed when I told him it was at home explained what had happened the week before. He went on to tell me they needed the old one for the warranty claim, this was never explained to me.

On reaching Hatfields my car was not ready, it was 4.20PM before the D3 was returned with a poor attempt at washing it which had been allowed to dry with dirty windows. I was questioned regarding getting the old tow bar to them, I agreed to drop it off after work on Tuesday which is the next time I will pass the dealership while they are open without going out of my way. Can they make me return it?

I now have the new fixed tow bar sticking out of the back of my D3, I guess it will have to grow on me. The tow ball had been fixed at the lowest position I have already had to move it as its way too low for my small trailer. At no point has anyone asked me what and if I tow, if they had I would have said I have towed a horse box once and other than that only have a small 350KG trailer.

Lee

Any chance someone with a pic of their new fixed towbar can post it? Got mine being fitted tomorrow and want to see what to expect!

Post #15398345th Oct 2015 9:19 am
qwick69

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 XS Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 4

Here is a picture of the fixed tow bar. As you can see, it is nothing like the retractable one.
I am now changing my car. Asked dealer for best price for HSE, the reply was we dont have any in stock.
Now awaiting delivery times on Volvo/Audi. LR have lost a customer who has spent over £200k with then on Jags and L/R over the last 10 years.
The final straw was when I asked for the same discount as I go when I bought my car 4 years ago (10%). The reply was, LR are not in the same position as they were 4 years ago. They dont have to give discounts !!!
Well, I am not in the same position as I was 4 years ago, despite the DISCO still being the best car, I expect some sort of customer satisfaction. So, off to buy another brand, and my experience will be told to all my contacts.

Post #15399395th Oct 2015 1:18 pm
Landylover6

Thanks for the pic. Not too bad, not as bad as I expected to be fair. Sorry to hear about your experience. Shame that you are changing car too. Perhaps just try a different dealer, or someone of some importance at the dealership rather than the nob you had the misfortune to deal with! Wish you luck!

Post #15399425th Oct 2015 1:23 pm
Lost for Words

Quote:
...despite the DISCO still being the best car, I expect some sort of customer satisfaction. So, off to buy another brand, and my experience will be told to all my contacts.

Don't forget to sew it back on again...
 Current: Discovery 3 06MY (55 reg) HSE Auto Zambezi Silver Zambezi Silver Allisport Fast Road Intercooler, V8 Brakes, Silicone IC Hoses, EGRs Blanked, Remapped, De-Cat pipe, FBHIC

Post #15399445th Oct 2015 1:25 pm
Landylover6

Eh?????

Post #15399495th Oct 2015 1:34 pm
Lost for Words

His nose. Thumbs Up

Post #15399505th Oct 2015 1:35 pm
Landylover6

Ahhhh!

Post #15399515th Oct 2015 1:37 pm
CDS
Site Sponsor 

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Tangiers OrangeDiscovery 3

Sat in LR Farnell Guiselly waiting for them to do the tow bar recall on the G4. I put my cards on the table when I booked it in stating I wanted a detachable tow bar if a replacement was needed, and I would be happy to sign the disclaimer, 'No problem, Sir'. When I arrive that was detailed on the job sheet, so all good. This of course leaves me with a detachable towbar to slot into SWMBO's D3 before I bring that up next week, as we have 2 D3's but only one tow bar that I use in both vehicles from time to time. The service manager was more than understanding of the 'predicament' that fitting a fixed tow bar would cause to me. This is the same service manager that was at Farnel in Bradford when I had timing belts done 2 years ago, she was so understanding of what I wanted and met those needs I tracked her down to LR Guisely Thumbs Up Thumbs Up
Just goes to show its not just the 'hands on' technicians that make a difference to the service.
All that remains is for them to process it in the promised 90 minutes Rolling with laughter

Discovery 3/4 & RRS keys cut and programmed at your home or work
Apple CarPlay/ Android Auto retro fit - see it here
BAS Remaps/ EGR Blanking
Software updates/ enabling
Mobile Servicing & Repairs

Post #15399675th Oct 2015 2:44 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 51 of 68 <123 ... 505152 ... 666768>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >