Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Dealership & Sponsor Feedback

Marshall Land Rover Cambridge
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 3 123>
Mr.Tom

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Landmark LE Auto Waitomo GreyDiscovery 4
Marshall Land Rover Cambridge

Previously had good experience with them, been in for a couple of services and had a good experience.

Not so now! My cars suspension drops, front first over a couple of days. So booked in, they called and cancelled as their pick up driver was off sick. Rescheduled for a month later, so it went in last week.

Firstly they did not turn up on time and wasted half a day picking up the car, then they kept telling me they had done this that and the other, at one point suggesting they had removed and checked the compressor.

Finally returned the car after two days with no fault found and had done a leak test.

To top it all off, I had to phone them to find out about the delays in pick up, I had to call them when they said they would call me, and so on.

I complained and they've not been in touch about that.

I called the head of servicing for follow up and to book it back in (and sent him pictures of the suspension drop and difference between front and rear), he said he would call me back the next day to book it in... Has he!

It's covered by LR warranty at the moment and there's not really anyone else close by, other than Marshall Bedford and that's the wrong way for work!

Frustrated!
 Sill protection - LED internal lights - LED reverse lights - boot liner - Dog Guard - Rock sliders

MY12 D4 HSE - been and gome
MY16 D4 Landmark 

Post #162823820th Mar 2016 9:44 am
Johnzlrd

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Siberian SilverDiscovery 3

You have my sympathy. I've had dealings with Marshalls before, be it, for Chysler Jeep it was still Marshalls and it left a nasty taste in my mouth. I've got a towbar recall, so I'll be swallowing hard before I call them next week. Hopefully the LR department take their employee customer centric training sessions seriously. Whistle

Post #162825520th Mar 2016 10:20 am
Hairy Dan

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Landmark LE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

I would drop a PM to whoever is looking after the customer services on the forum now Thumbs Up
 Cheers Ian
--------------------
Club N.E.R.D.S
Kielder 4x4 Safari
Discoless 

Post #162837920th Mar 2016 3:45 pm
Mr.Tom

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Landmark LE Auto Waitomo GreyDiscovery 4

Thanks, I might well do this. I will call Marshall tomorrow and see how I get on, if no joy, I will follow up through LRCS and the warranty company, as obviously Marshall don't want the business.
 Sill protection - LED internal lights - LED reverse lights - boot liner - Dog Guard - Rock sliders

MY16 D4 Landmark 

Post #162841220th Mar 2016 4:45 pm
jim4244

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Guy Salmon, Riverside Park, Northampton.

Jim

Post #162843820th Mar 2016 5:23 pm
Mr.Tom

Thanks Jim, it's just a bit of a trek, I live st Neots and commute to Cambs so Marshall in Cambridge is just so convenient.

They are rapidly about to loose my business though, so thanks for the recommendation.

MY16 D4 Landmark 

Post #162847120th Mar 2016 6:32 pm
Sydney

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

I've never had any issues with Marshalls in Bedford, however I've only used them a couple of times for hard brakes sorting and the towbar recall.

Never washed the Disco though...
 De-Tango
V8 Brakes
EGRs blanked
Running boards
3 flash indicators and clock on dash
Blingy grille... 

Post #162848920th Mar 2016 7:01 pm
Mr.Tom

Rolling with laughter mine got washed. Just did not do anything else

MY16 D4 Landmark 

Post #162853920th Mar 2016 8:36 pm
Mr.Tom

3 calls to them today to speak to the head of service, he's never available. Got through on the third time and he said he could not hear me and would call me back.

I am not holding my breath.

MY16 D4 Landmark 

Post #162898821st Mar 2016 6:49 pm
Mr.Tom

Got a call back. They don't know what's wrong with it and need to speakt to the master tech. He's on a course till Wednesday, so they will call me Wednesday.

We wait...

MY16 D4 Landmark 

Post #162900421st Mar 2016 7:10 pm
D4COM

England 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Commercial Auto Loire BlueDiscovery 4

I feel your pain! I currently am awaiting a response from Marshall's at Melton Mowbray! (From December!!!)

Post #162904021st Mar 2016 8:25 pm
jim4244

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Which December??? Rolling with laughter

Jim

Post #162905321st Mar 2016 8:41 pm
moorman

Wales 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Talk to the dealer principle see if that moves things along. I had a similar experience with Marshalls Peterborough so took my business to Cambridge and Peterborough lost out on selling me four or was it five discoveries (all bought new).

Post #162917721st Mar 2016 11:19 pm
Mr.Tom

They got a mail last week, I've had some nice platitudes from them and head of sales promising an investigation and full response into their poor service, but I've not received anything.

One of the reasons I am so fed up is that the original service operator told me a load of lies about work they had not done and then made up how things should work. Apparently the FBH only works below -4, I challenged this and he changed his mind

MY16 D4 Landmark 

Post #162918121st Mar 2016 11:23 pm
Mr.Tom

Ok, so got a call back, which is good.

Booked in for the 5th April and they will need it for a few days, they want to disconnect the battery and see if it leans to one side after being left. The reason being it won't self level and they will see if there is a leak. Their current theory is that it's got a tiny leak in an air bag under the metal shroud, which apparently does not / might not show up on a leak test?!

Fingers crossed they find it, it's done it twice this week.

MY16 D4 Landmark 

Post #163011623rd Mar 2016 8:09 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 3 123>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >