Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Off Topic - Humour, Rants & Pointless Posts

Whats Got Your Goat Up today ?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 120 of 286 <123 ... 119120121 ... 284285286>
JordsDisco

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 3.0 SDV6 GS Manual Santorini BlackDiscovery 3

The Vegans are the girls in the family, I don’t suppose that’s a coincidence. Whistle The amount we spend on fresh organic veg & fruit is truly horrific. Lacto free butter, milk, gluten free whole meal bread. Manuka honey instead of sugar ……. the list is endless.

PS - I was told meat free spagbog was nice and to try it, which I did. It was that bad, it put me off the real stuff.

Post #22448653rd Aug 2021 11:20 am
Hardware

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Sumatra BlackDiscovery 4

stew 46 wrote:
Feck me !! I called to order a couple hundred m 2 x 1 roofing batten this morning and it was 80p m at the end April and now it’s £1.70 m what a crock of s``t !! Not sure where it going to end Big Cry

I'm guessing it's all imported ... "nice" fencing panels were on back-order round here a couple of months back due to covid disrupting the supply chain from the continent. Guessing it's only getting worse with the lunacy of customs requirements.

If you need any sand, the D4 seems to be full of the red stuff from Devon Sad ... every nook and cranny seems to be infected with it after last week's trip.

Post #22448683rd Aug 2021 11:34 am
stew 46

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Siberian SilverDiscovery 3

That Devon sand is no good for you Whistle our sand is a lot more expensive Rolling with laughter Thumbs Up
 -------------------------------------------------
if you cant hold on dont let go , it ill come in handy for something even if you never use it.
D3 SE 05,
110 s wagon 300 tdi SOLD
h top transit
crew cab transit
transit connect
ausa dumper, muck truck .
peljob 2.5 digger
06 L 200 crew cab 

Post #22448723rd Aug 2021 11:38 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Hardware

JordsDisco wrote:
The amount we spend on fresh organic veg & fruit is truly horrific. Lacto free butter, milk, gluten free whole meal bread.

That's just fashion-fad diet, not veganism. My eldest HAS to have lacto-free stuff ( or wear nappies, which at 29 isn't a good look. )

JordsDisco wrote:
Manuka honey instead of sugar …

The UK eats almost double the world-wide production of actual Manuka honey. Go figure ... you're being ripped off.

JordsDisco wrote:
I was told meat free spagbog was nice and to try it, which I did. It was that bad, it put me off the real stuff.

We have had to go that route for some family members and SWMBO has nailed it ... takes longer to make than the real stuff but it's bloody lovely. I just BBQ a load of chicken thighs to accompany it for the rest of us Rolling with laughter

Dean
====================================

2011 D4 XS - OBD port protection, RLD spare wheel protector, All LED interiors lights, Timed Climate enabled, iiD tool paired.
2011 D4 Landmark - Stolen from same dealer before I paid for it
2011 D4 GS - Stolen whilst at dealer Sad ... All LED interiors lights, DRLs, Spare Wheel protector.
1996 300Tdi - Eaten by tin worms 

Post #22448733rd Aug 2021 11:41 am
NoDo$h

Ukraine 

I had this conversation regarding honey vs sugar with my wife. She had been convinced by a faddy mate that honey was somehow better in dietary terms.

Ultimately they are both made up of Fructose and Glucose. Honey also containing water and some traces of magnesium and potassium - both of which we have in abundance in our diet and will always be plentiful in a fruit and veg rich diet anyway, so a veggie or vegan won't need to top up on these.

Simple carbs are simple carbs. Calories are calories. Everything else is just flavour when you are comparing sugar and honey.
 I know it's not considered "kind" to say no these days, but no. Just no, ok? And if it's not ok, still no.  
Post #22448913rd Aug 2021 12:44 pm
NoDo$h

Ukraine 

JordsDisco wrote:
gluten free whole meal bread.

Check out the ingredients and the calories for GF vs normal wholegrain bread. The GF loaves are higher in fat and sugars. I have to have GF (coeliac and anaphylaxis in response to wheat) but GF bread rarely makes it into the house as it's just nutritionally crappy.
 I know it's not considered "kind" to say no these days, but no. Just no, ok? And if it's not ok, still no.  
Post #22448933rd Aug 2021 12:47 pm
Hardware

NoDo$h wrote:
I had this conversation regarding honey vs sugar with my wife. She had been convinced by a faddy mate that honey was somehow better in dietary terms.

There was a good article on the BBC website a few months ago that thoroughly debunked this myth.

Post #22449053rd Aug 2021 1:29 pm
HWN

Wales 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 4

So even bees are putting out fake news now? Shocked

2015 Volvo V40
2014 D4 HSE
2006 RRS - C'est mort. Fin...  ...It's alive!  Oh no, it's not - scrapped.
2019 Suzuki Kingquad 400
2017 RamRod Taskmaster 1150
1977 John Deere 2130

Post #22449283rd Aug 2021 3:46 pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 

NoDo$h wrote:

Ultimately they are both made up of Fructose and Glucose. Honey also containing water and some traces of magnesium and potassium - both of which we have in abundance in our diet and will always be plentiful in a fruit and veg rich diet anyway, so a veggie or vegan won't need to top up on these.

Simple carbs are simple carbs. Calories are calories. Everything else is just flavour when you are comparing sugar and honey.

I wonder if some of the people - vegans particularly - are aware of how honey is made. Bees ingest nectar when collecting it from flowers, it's partially digested and then regurgitated before other bees in the hive also do similar. This process converts it to "invert sugar" (something you find in lots of "nasty" commercial stuff BTW).

Honey is basically bee vomit. Yummy! Rolling with laughter

Oh, and milk - that's effectively modified sweat. Yes, really. The mammary gland is a most likely a modified sweat gland.

Sometimes is probably best not to think too much about where your food comes from. Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

I'm still none-the-wiser about how one milks an almond, however. Whistle
 Visiting from rrsport.co.uk
2012 RRS SDV6
2008 RRS TDV8
"When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die! You don't know who's children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they were always going to have to do from the very beginning: SIT DOWN AND TALK!" 

Post #22449303rd Aug 2021 4:02 pm
NoDo$h

Ukraine 

Wonder no more!

&ab_channel=KNOWIDEASMEDIA
Post #22449333rd Aug 2021 4:07 pm
HWN

Disgusting exploitation (and difficult to obtain, presumably).

2015 Volvo V40
2014 D4 HSE
2019 Suzuki Kingquad 400
1977 John Deere 2130

Post #22449343rd Aug 2021 4:07 pm
HWN

RRSTDV8 wrote:
I'm still none-the-wiser about how one milks an almond, however. Whistle

You are now:

^^^ D'Oh! But at least I got the URL right. Wink

2015 Volvo V40
2014 D4 HSE
2019 Suzuki Kingquad 400
1977 John Deere 2130

Post #22449353rd Aug 2021 4:08 pm
chugga90

United Kingdom 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Commercial Auto Indus SilverDiscovery 4

A delightful old work colleague of mine, refers to milk as “cow pus”
 Discovery commercial tdv6 auto 2013
Volkswagen t6 lwb Kombi dsg 4motion 2018
Volkswagen t5.1 lwb single cab tipper 2013
Discovery commercial sdv6 auto 2014 gone and not really missed.
Range Rover Tdv8 gone
Freelander 2 I6 very sadly gone
VW t5 Dsg gone and missed 

Post #22449363rd Aug 2021 4:08 pm
Farmer Chalk

England 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Tangiers OrangeDiscovery 3

Well had my old G4 booked in for service this morning with my local dealer… ordinarily I use an independent for the big non service regime things, I.e. lower arms, brake lines, oil pumps etc..

Because it’s a G4 and I am trying to keep its LR Service history to retain some value in the old girl….

Anyway all booked in, started it up and the dreaded ignition light stayed on…talk about timing! So booked in for an interim service and asked to confirm my suspicions that the alternator had just failed!

All serviced and back the confirmation that the alternator had failed… so asked for a quote to replace there and then in a vain hope to save the battery!

Quote came back…..£932! Wtf…..

Oh and apparently the rear donut on the rear prop shaft is starting to show some slight cracking…that will be another £953 please!

How can any garage justify over £700 to fit an alternator…

Needless to say I drove the old girl home and will be spending the next couple of afternoons replacing it myself!

I’m afraid I’m really struggling giving the dealer any further work in the knowledge that they will have my pants down given any opportunity!

Post #22450133rd Aug 2021 9:50 pm
RogB

United Kingdom 

i once had to pay £600 to have a new alternator put on an old 2.2 petrol Zafira... the garage went through every alternator that supposedly fitted, starting at the cheapest, but 4/5 alternators later and the only one that would fit and work was the genuine Vauxhall one which cost well over £400... so a grand for a geniune LR one doesnt seem that much comparatively Shocked

thankfully for you the cheaper alternatives will fit a D3 and you can spanner it yourself Thumbs Up
 2011 D4 XS 305 MY12 - gone but not forgotten  
Post #22450514th Aug 2021 7:44 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 120 of 286 <123 ... 119120121 ... 284285286>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >