Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Off Topic - Humour, Rants & Pointless Posts

Whats Got Your Goat Up today ?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 287 of 289 <123 ... 286 287288289>
Nasher

England 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Lux Auto Loire BlueDiscovery 4

Not just today, but quite regularly actually, my Goat is raised by posts on various forums that start with the word 'So'.

Those beginning with 'So today' are particularly annoying.

I'm sure the late Mr Betteredge, my 1980's Engilsh Master otherwise known as 'Fish', has to decide daily who is the most deserving of his haunting.
 Heaven doesn't want me, and hell is afraid I'll take over.  
Post #23703213rd Jun 2024 10:36 am
DSL
Keeper of the wheelie bin 

Ukraine 

So ……………..

Ducking for cover, but someone was going to! Laughing Laughing

Post #23703243rd Jun 2024 10:55 am
LT

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Landmark LE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Nasher wrote:
Not just today, but quite regularly actually, my Goat is raised by posts on various forums that start with the word 'So'.

I'm sure the late Mr Betteredge, my 1980's Engilsh Master otherwise known as 'Fish', has to decide daily who is the most deserving of his haunting.

I’ll second the above and add the for sale posts that begin with - “Here we have for sale…..”
 2006 D3 HSE (Original & still the best)-GONE
2010 D4 HSE (A bit bling)-GONE
2014 D4 HSE (Almost too bling)-GONE
2015 D4 HSE (A heated what?)-GONE
2016 D4 Landmark (Written Off)-GONE
2016 D4 Landmark (Surely the last!) PD1881 rims-GONE
2017 FFRR SDV8 Autobiography (now semi-retired) 

Post #23703333rd Jun 2024 12:33 pm
pjm-84

Ukraine 

Can I add ....."you know" and "um"

Post #23703393rd Jun 2024 2:33 pm
DSL
Keeper of the wheelie bin 

Ukraine 

It’s well wicked, innit! Thumbs Up

Post #23703403rd Jun 2024 2:40 pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 

Nasher wrote:

Didn't the use of "so" happen as a way to help people not say "um" when asked a question? I seem to remember it was suggested in training many years ago.

It is as silly to start a written sentence with "So" as it would be to start with "Um". Both are spoken devices, not written.

Another annoyance is people starting an answer with "That's a very good question...". It's ok once in a while and, of course, when a particularly good question is asked, but for several questions in an interview? I think not.
 Visiting from rrsport.co.uk
2012 RRS SDV6
2008 RRS TDV8
"When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die! You don't know who's children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they were always going to have to do from the very beginning: SIT DOWN AND TALK!" 

Post #23703503rd Jun 2024 4:26 pm
gstuart

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

.. sorry wrong thread

Post #23704144th Jun 2024 2:04 pm
Trailered Movements

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Commercial Auto Sumatra BlackDiscovery 4

Royal Mail.

1st & 2nd class letters, it's a joke, several sent at the same time, most arrived 4 days later, one 5, what's the point of having an option it it means nothing.

I am waiting on two parcels, both sent Monday, one 24hr Tracked, the other 48 Tracked.

Both tracking suggests deliverey will be today, yet live tracking updates are not available until delivery is attempted! Don't imagine any postie is still at work this late in the day, don't expect them to arrive today at all.

Hardly surprising they are losing money, when they can't even provide any service they offer.

It's boardering on fraud taking payment for a service that cannot be supplied.

Rant over.

Dave
 2011 Discovery 4 Commercial SDV6 (Gone)
2010 RRS TDV8 (Gone)
1980 OBLIC 4.0ltr Range Rover (went a long time ago) 

Post #23705055th Jun 2024 3:22 pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 

We've had some Tracked 24 stuff delivered on a Sunday, so it's possible yours will be delivered late today as they're not always the same bodies as the usual posties.
2012 RRS SDV6
2008 RRS TDV8
"When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die! You don't know who's children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they were always going to have to do from the very beginning: SIT DOWN AND TALK!" 

Post #23705095th Jun 2024 3:37 pm
Worms

Scotland 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

I had an interesting discussion with the lady in the post office who was trying to explain as patiently as she could that "next day delivery" for a tracked letter didn't include the day of posting and really meant 48 hours...
 Previously:
2010 FL2 TD4e GS
‘93 Defender 110 200TDi CSW - still got this, non-runner on SORN.
‘87 Defender 90 4 cyl Petrol
‘83 110 CSW V8 - best ever!
Range Rover 2-door V8 (not sure of year - 4-speed box and vacuum diff switch)
Series III SWB Diesel 

Post #23705185th Jun 2024 7:51 pm
al cope

England 

Not sure it means anything, they just make it up as they go along.

Al
 Volvo XC90 B5 Plus Dark
Gone - MY18 D5 HSE - Corris on 22's with Black Pack
Now gone - MY16 D4 SE Tech, Loire Blue, Almond Leather, Privacy, plus some other goodies.
Old - MY12 D4 SDV6 XS Auto - Ipanema Sand with Almond Leather - Plus other niceties, and D4.com sticker
Older - D3 TDV6 XS Auto - Lugano Teal with Almond Leather, 20" Stormers, Shiny Tailpipes, DVD/TV - and obligatory D3 sticker
Ancient - D3 TDV6 S - Tonga with Ebony, 20" Stormers, satnav & DVD 

Post #23705426th Jun 2024 8:31 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
astonbuilder

England 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

On a holiday back in April some numpty ran into the back of my Jaguar F-Pace, rear bumper FUBAR'd.

The electric tow bar was, unfortunately, not motored out, maybe would have been better if it was?

A day or so later on locking the car, each and every rear light went off into some cyclical strobing mode. I guessed the harness to the tow bar was damaged/pinched.

Motoring the tow bar out stopped the issue, putting it back in and it reappeared so it was motored out and stayed that way.

Usual delays in getting it booked in to be looked at let alone repaired, but took it in for a quote. Guy spent ages photo'ing every little mark on the bumper when it was blindingly obvious the whole bumper was Censored and a mark here and there was not going to change fact it needed a new one. This was apparently because "all our assessors WFH now" (how, FFS?).

I repeatedly told them there was likely damage to the harness and that the towbar was 'bent' but they seemed disinterested even when I said I wanted to demonstrate the crazy disco light issue.

I informed JLR about this lack of interest (it's a JLR 'authorised repairer', that are complete and utter Censored I have to say from previous experiences.....) and potential issue as I was now in a rental vehicle that was likely to be extended some time if I was correct. No, they know what they are doing, repair will only be 7-10 days, etc.

Here we are nine days on from it going in and they ring me to tell me "there's an issue with tow bar/harness that means it needs a new one as it's safety critical component. We do not know how long it will take for parts as they are on back-order with no quoted availability". No Censored Sherlock..... Rolling Eyes

To make matters worse, the 'equivalent' rental car I am in is a absolutely awful 'Jeep Compass' and its a 1.3 hybrid with about 20 miles EV range (and top speed of about 54mph. On the flat. With a long run) and a clunky, asthmatic, engine and shunting hybrid/gearbox system. It is a truly atrocious car....

Won't be any good for my impending 2500 mile round trip to Bavaria........

Post #23706757th Jun 2024 4:15 pm
Trailered Movements

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Commercial Auto Sumatra BlackDiscovery 4

Re my Royal Mail rant;

With still no idea when my parcels would turn up, I rang the local Royal Mail sorting/collections office, a mere 10 minutes away by car, on Saturday morning, leaving a message if I could collect as delivery was obviously deemed not important.

Half an hour later, a van turned up to drop off those I was waiting for, plus two others that had only been posted on Thursday, great. However, he didn't deliver anything else to any other address in my cul-de-sac of 20+ homes, just dropped mine off and went, back to the sorting office I suspect.

Dave
 2011 Discovery 4 Commercial SDV6 (Gone)
2010 RRS TDV8 (Gone)
1980 OBLIC 4.0ltr Range Rover (went a long time ago) 

Post #237081410th Jun 2024 8:45 am
Moo
D3 Decade 

Ukraine 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Those that sell on here and don't mark items as sold when sold!
 New Defender L663 110 SE (known as Noddy!)

Sold Volvo XC90 R-Design (known as Basil)

Sold - D4 HSE (Known as Gerty)

No longer the Old Buses original owner Sad
231,000 miles and counting
05 S manual owned from March 2005
D4 Face lifted
Still original injectors and turbo
V8 Front brakes
BAS Remap, Allisport Intercooler and deCat
EGRs blanked
T-Max split charge
Hanibal Expeedition rack
Prospeed ladder
Duratrac tyres
IID BT
BAS FBH control 

Post #237081510th Jun 2024 9:02 am
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 

I'd add to Moo's annoyance with people who join a forum, ask for help and then never reply or engage to say thanks / follow up with the outcome.
2012 RRS SDV6
2008 RRS TDV8

Post #237083410th Jun 2024 2:10 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 287 of 289 <123 ... 286 287288289>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >