Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Off Topic - Humour, Rants & Pointless Posts

Whats Got Your Goat Up today ?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 291 of 292 <123 ... 290291292>
Nasher

England 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Lux Auto Loire BlueDiscovery 4

RRSTDV8 wrote:

Indeed, I find it rather annoying when people who weren't playing say "we won the game!". No, you didn't. The team won the game.

I'm glad it's not just me, this really annoys me too.

I hear it at work nearly every day, and sometimes have to really control myself from releasing a torrent of abuse at the fat, unhealthy, lazy, Censored claiming 'we' did something or another that would have involved them playing rather than watching from their sofa with a bag of crisps and bottle of beer.
 Heaven doesn't want me, and hell is afraid I'll take over.  
Post #23723754th Jul 2024 9:07 am
HairyFool

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Landmark LE Auto ZanzibarDiscovery 4

Absolutely nit picking I know but piped music in Stores

Such as ASDSA FM or ASDA Radio

It is neither RADIO or FM
 A visitor from the dark side, my other vehicle is an MG5 EV  
Post #23723804th Jul 2024 10:41 am
pjm-84

Ukraine 

Contractors....

Post #23723814th Jul 2024 10:42 am
al cope

England 

F.ing post office once again. My daughter is away right now so requested PO deliver her parcel on Saturday. She got a message on Tuesday saying they’d tried to deliver it but no one was home. No Censored Sherlock. So she repeated her request, and then yesterday got a message that they’d delivered it but as no one was home, left it in a safe place - under her front hedge !!!! She managed to get hold of one of her friends to go a get it, who then called her to say the delivery label had written on it, Saturday delivery

Bloody muppets
Al
 Volvo XC90 B5 Plus Dark
Gone - MY18 D5 HSE - Corris on 22's with Black Pack
Now gone - MY16 D4 SE Tech, Loire Blue, Almond Leather, Privacy, plus some other goodies.
Old - MY12 D4 SDV6 XS Auto - Ipanema Sand with Almond Leather - Plus other niceties, and D4.com sticker
Older - D3 TDV6 XS Auto - Lugano Teal with Almond Leather, 20" Stormers, Shiny Tailpipes, DVD/TV - and obligatory D3 sticker
Ancient - D3 TDV6 S - Tonga with Ebony, 20" Stormers, satnav & DVD 

Post #23723834th Jul 2024 10:50 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
nigethecat

Ukraine 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Commercial XS Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

DVLA - needed to renew my driving licence (10 year update), I have grandfather rights for towing trailers, driving mini buses 7.5t lorries etc (C1E, D1, BE, D1E) so tried online...

The website then asks "do you have entitlements for lorry or bus?" and goes on to list the entitlements that I have.. "if you have these entitlements you must apply by post and complete Forms D2 and D4"... "the process will take up to 2 weeks but may be longer"... also costs double the cost of applying online.

Really inconvenient as I travel a lot in Europe and need my licence for rental cars all the time Censored

On a whim and after struggling with Form D2 (I've never seen a form that gives more options to get things wrong and therefore lose your £28 quid and have to re-apply) I phoned the DVLA and had the call answered remarkably swiftly.. only to be left on hold for 15 minutes while they went away "to check the current situation" ... eventually the lady came back and told me to "apply online as I wouldn't lose my entitlements" exactly the opposite of what the system tells you to do... so I've kept hold of my current licence (no way I'm going to cut that in half and send it away until my new licence comes back!

Why can't they just put this info on the website ? Censored
 I want to see the sweets before I get into your windowless van... I'm not stupid!

Corris Grey D4 Commercial SE 2016
Zermatt Sliver 2007 D3 SE manual (gone)
Indus Silver D4 HSE 2015 (gone)
Bonatti Grey D3 HSE 2006 (gone)
White D3 S (LHD) 2007 (gone)
Firenze Red D4 HSE 2014 (gone)
Black RRS 3.6TDV8 2008 (gone)
Rusty Green Defender 110 1997 (gone)
Black FL2 HSE 2013 (gone) 

Post #23723864th Jul 2024 11:10 am
RogB

United Kingdom 

it wasnt much better before the internet became a thing, back in the day I had HGV2 entitlement (courtesy of HM armed forces) and then passed HGV1. Went to send my license away with new pass certificate etc but was told it could take a few months. At the time I was on the 24hrs notice to deploy rota so needed to keep my license with me, good job really as a week later I deployed for 4 months, 1 month home, 2 month away,1 month home and then 6 months away. Never did get HGV1 onto my license.
 2011 D4 XS 305 MY12 - gone but not forgotten  
Post #23724014th Jul 2024 2:46 pm
NJSS

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Landmark LE Auto Waitomo GreyDiscovery 4

People who SHOUT on on-line forums by posting all in capitals.

I challenged one recently whose post was about the election & who responded

Quote:
Nigel - At 77 YEARS OLD IT’S EASIER TO SEE WHAT I AM TYPING, SO WAS NOT SHOUTING

Note: "Nigel - At" properly capitalised. Exclamation

I also checked his other posts, and all were properly capitalised,

Post #23725526th Jul 2024 12:51 pm
HairyFool

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Landmark LE Auto ZanzibarDiscovery 4

There are other ways to enlarge text for those with restricted vision! Capitalisation as shouting in text has been an accepted standard for a long time.
 A visitor from the dark side, my other vehicle is an MG5 EV  
Post #23725546th Jul 2024 1:22 pm
nigethecat

Ukraine 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Commercial XS Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

nigethecat wrote:
DVLA - needed to renew my driving licence (10 year update), I have grandfather rights for towing trailers, driving mini buses 7.5t lorries etc (C1E, D1, BE, D1E) so tried online...

The website then asks "do you have entitlements for lorry or bus?" and goes on to list the entitlements that I have.. "if you have these entitlements you must apply by post and complete Forms D2 and D4"... "the process will take up to 2 weeks but may be longer"... also costs double the cost of applying online.

Really inconvenient as I travel a lot in Europe and need my licence for rental cars all the time Censored

On a whim and after struggling with Form D2 (I've never seen a form that gives more options to get things wrong and therefore lose your £28 quid and have to re-apply) I phoned the DVLA and had the call answered remarkably swiftly.. only to be left on hold for 15 minutes while they went away "to check the current situation" ... eventually the lady came back and told me to "apply online as I wouldn't lose my entitlements" exactly the opposite of what the system tells you to do... so I've kept hold of my current licence (no way I'm going to cut that in half and send it away until my new licence comes back!

Update ! very surprised that my licence arrived back on Friday with all the requisite entitlements in place! Actually very good service but if only they could get the information right on their website !
 I want to see the sweets before I get into your windowless van... I'm not stupid!

Corris Grey D4 Commercial SE 2016
Zermatt Sliver 2007 D3 SE manual (gone)
Indus Silver D4 HSE 2015 (gone)
Bonatti Grey D3 HSE 2006 (gone)
White D3 S (LHD) 2007 (gone)
Firenze Red D4 HSE 2014 (gone)
Black RRS 3.6TDV8 2008 (gone)
Rusty Green Defender 110 1997 (gone)
Black FL2 HSE 2013 (gone) 

Post #23725566th Jul 2024 1:49 pm
rrhool

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

I know this has been done before, many times, but..

Drive from Plymouth to Norfolk yesterday, 350 miles of never ending rain. Difficult driving conditions, lots of road spray, driving into the evening in failing light. Still people drive with DRL's on (no back lights) or better still, no lights at all! Shocked

I won't start ranting about the 55mph 3rd lane brigade because I might not stop. Twisted Evil
 Richard

D3 SE 2007. Triumph 2.5Pi 1973. Ferguson TEA20 1948.

Discovery 2 4.0 ES 2001- Gone
Discovery 1 300Tdi ES '95 - Gone
Range Rover Classic '79 - Gone 

Post #23725576th Jul 2024 2:02 pm
HWN

Wales 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 4

nigethecat wrote:
nigethecat wrote:

Update ! very surprised that my licence arrived back on Friday with all the requisite entitlements in place! Actually very good service but if only they could get the information right on their website !

I was on one year licenses and lost my grandfather rights for towing. When I changed address to an SA (Swansea) postcode, I got a ten year license with towing entitlement! Must be coincidence...

2015 Volvo V40
2014 D4 HSE
2006 RRS - C'est mort. Fin...  ...It's alive!  Oh no, it's not - scrapped.
2019 Suzuki Kingquad 400
2017 RamRod Taskmaster 1150
1977 John Deere 2130

Post #23725616th Jul 2024 2:33 pm
al cope

England 

@rrhool, this is my pet soapbox topic, since most cars have DLR’s ( at least on the front) and the digital dashboard illuminated with ignition on, most completely forget they dont have their lights on. One little green light on the desk isn’t enough to say your lights are on.

Lights now either need to be fully automatic in poor light, or a friggin big warning light on the dash in poor visibility ( low light or rain) saying put your f.in lights on.

Al
 Volvo XC90 B5 Plus Dark
Gone - MY18 D5 HSE - Corris on 22's with Black Pack
Now gone - MY16 D4 SE Tech, Loire Blue, Almond Leather, Privacy, plus some other goodies.
Old - MY12 D4 SDV6 XS Auto - Ipanema Sand with Almond Leather - Plus other niceties, and D4.com sticker
Older - D3 TDV6 XS Auto - Lugano Teal with Almond Leather, 20" Stormers, Shiny Tailpipes, DVD/TV - and obligatory D3 sticker
Ancient - D3 TDV6 S - Tonga with Ebony, 20" Stormers, satnav & DVD 

Post #23725676th Jul 2024 3:44 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Scott #55

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Nara BronzeDiscovery 4

Fitbit / Apple Watch-style straps.

What's wrong with a good old-fashioned buckle, rather than a strap with holes that you need to push the other end through to get the knobbly bit into the hole? Takes me 4 or 5 attempst each morning.
 2014 - D4 2010 HSE Nara Bronze
2012 - FL2 2009 GS Stornoway Grey
2001 - VW Passat Estate Inky Blue
1999 - Ford Mondeo Light Blue
1998 - Rover 25 Red 

Post #23725726th Jul 2024 5:03 pm
kajtzu

Finland 2005 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

I switched to a sport loop with velcro. Doesn’t irritate the skin, either.

Post #23725736th Jul 2024 5:06 pm
Hardware

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Sumatra BlackDiscovery 4

nigethecat wrote:
.. "if you have these entitlements you must apply by post and complete Forms D2 and D4"...

"apply online as I wouldn't lose my entitlements"

Should've asked me ! I thought I'd shared previously that it doesn't strip entitlements? Maybe not, but I've certainly told folks renewing at 70 that I know they're fine, having renewed father and FiL several times.

Mine also survived swapping from paper to plastic earlier this year.

Dean
====================================

2011 D4 XS - OBD port protection, RLD spare wheel protector, All LED interiors lights, Timed Climate enabled, iiD tool paired.
2011 D4 Landmark - Stolen from same dealer before I paid for it
2011 D4 GS - Stolen whilst at dealer Sad ... All LED interiors lights, DRLs, Spare Wheel protector.
1996 300Tdi - Eaten by tin worms 

Post #23726026th Jul 2024 10:23 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 291 of 292 <123 ... 290291292>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >