Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Technical (D3)

Ready to cry
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 4 of 4 <1234
braders

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Rimini RedDiscovery 3

So tonights update. Managed to get the sump extension off....thats a good fun job ! So I was able to crack a couple of the big ends and one of the mains. issue with the mains is access to the bolts in the NS of the block that hold the mains in from the side, two were ok but two i still have to try and get to.

Anyway back to the bearings, i popped 2 and 6 big ends and they are Censored . Bottom bearing is Ok as you would expect however top bearings are mullered and really burnt, so suspect this is through lack of oil, they actually smell burnt as well. The main looks OK ish but still showing signs of wear. I cant slip the top of the mains out as need to loosen all mains to give a little clearence so that will be tomorrow evenings challenge.
i have popped some opics below.

Crank journals look OK not pitted or scratched but also look a little burnt. Ill have to decide what to do tomorrow when I have the mains out. I should be able to mic up the big ends and, would only be able to check mains though if I take crank out..(or I could possibly use some plasti-gauge)...that means slipping the gearbox back though and that could be a big job from underneath. I have all sorts of options from slipping in new bearings as is, to take the engine out and fully rebuild it...we shall have to see.

Post #200155318th Nov 2018 1:35 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 4 of 4 <1234
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >