Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Technical (D3)

A Miriad of Fault Codes
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
ofob69

United Kingdom 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Yes I did.

I replaced the front, lower control arms about 6 months ago. After having the 4 wheel alignment done the steering wheel was off-centre. I reset the steering wheel on its splines and then reset the steering sensor. I don't get that fault code anymore.

It's strange, I tend to get the light on in the morning after starting the engine and presumably the suspension resets itself. I then switch off and restart and I may not get the orange light for the rest of the day.

Fault codes seem to indicate that the air suspension control module doesn't quite know where it is on start up.

I'm having my new height level sensors calibrated next week by Arkley4x4 next week. I really hope its as simple as that, however I'm not holding my breath.

Post #22713327th Jan 2022 3:00 pm
ofob69

United Kingdom 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

I think I may have finally cracked it despite going/being sent down many wrong paths.

The issue was the C1A13 Pressure does not decrease when venting gallery causing the suspension light to come on as yellow and then red.

I had rebuilt compressor including vent valve resealing and assuming my skills aren't too bad, I had to assume compressor was functional.

I then wondered whether the fault lay in a blockage in the vent pipe/silencer so I removed 10mm vent pipe from compressor and no error codes.

I've order new filter/silencer unit and will attempt to fit Monday, although I understand it is a complete barsteward to fit......!

I don't know whether anyone has written a Discovery 3 air suspension fault tracing check list but it sounds like a fine idea

Post #22772765th Feb 2022 6:17 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >