Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Maintenance & Mods (D3)

Power Steering Fluid Leak
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Dasuke

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3
Power Steering Fluid Leak

Hi guys. Any help with this would be much appreciated; please see attached image. I full-locked the other night, reversing into my drive, and pretty quickly lost power steering. I checked under the car and right enough there was a big puddle of PAS fluid. On closer inspection this afternoon, after a wee clean-up and having poured some 'Granville 1440A 10K 375ml Boost Stop-Leak Power Steering Fluid' that arrived expediently from Amazon, I could tell the leak was coming from the top of this black piece, where I believe the steering column enters. It doesn't look like the 'stop-leak' has done any leak stopping, unless I just need to give it time and let the stuff settle in properly.

Anyone have any idea what the cause might be? I've never taken apart that mechanical part, so am not sure what to expect really, though from the top-down image it looks like whatever cap is covering the top of that cylinder is loose / slanted, possibly? I don't know what kind of tool would allow me to remove that and tighten it properly though; it was hard enough getting my mobile phone up there to take that pic!

Best wishes,

David

Post #232359121st Jan 2023 5:29 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >