Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Dealership & Sponsor Feedback

Lakeland 3 year service and MOT
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
GDL

Scotland 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3
Lakeland 3 year service and MOT

Took my car in for its final in warranty service last week, as with the two previous service visits very pleased with there work Bow down
I also had a few warranty issues ,they sorted including a memory seat/mirror problem ,replaced two rear door rubbers that were bubbling ,replaced front heated sceen , sorted my bluetooth ( hopefully ) changed my sticky steering wheel ,replaced headlight unit and last but not least seem to have sorted my drop in fuel economy . Very Happy
This issue has slowly happened over the last 12 months or so , I will post separately when I get some more data

Post #42754123rd Feb 2009 10:38 pm
frenchy

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Indus SilverDiscovery 4

Hi GDL,
did you make the trip up there specially for the service or were you in the area Question ......we seem to be a bit stuck here for good quality dealer / service centre

Post #42774124th Feb 2009 12:42 am
JMC

Scotland 

Sounds very similar to my experience GDL. Thumbs Up

I too had my three-year 45k service at Lakeland recently. Got a new battery, heated screen, tailgate, ARBs and half a dozen ball-joints. Car took longer than expected so I went home to Aberdeenshire in a FFRR TDV8. They returned my car a few days later and took te FFRR away.

Unfortunately, I then sold the D3 and bought a FFRR Embarassed Mr. Green Whistle

Frenchy - when you fnd a good dealer, it's well worth the effort. I've been doing 500+ miles of a round trip since I bought the D3 at Lakeland. Every service done there too. Wink
 The older I get, the more I realise that people confuse wrinkles for wisdom Smile
Founder member of Club FFRRV
Club Orange, Mint or Fruit
Club Walnut Sniffers

Post #42779524th Feb 2009 8:30 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
GDL

Scotland 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Hi frenchy , we have timed it with a camping trip one year ,there is a good country show on at Torver kids and ourselves loved it , last two times have made the journey and had a courtesy car for a few days . Oh it takes about 2 hours from Liverpool at about 60mph Whistle

JMC , I needed a tow car so got a new defender Sheep Sheep (170miles on the clock)much improved , but no temptation. Laughing Did have a look in the show room at the Defender on show ....very nice ,limited edition but the D3 is so much more of an all round vehicle .
I still love mine after 3 years Big Cry don't anyone tell him I cried Embarassed

PS love your new motor JMC Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Post #42780524th Feb 2009 8:59 am
John C

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

GDL wrote:
...PS love your new motor JMC Thumbs Up Thumbs Up..

Is that a FFRR Commercial? That's one pampered pooch! Mine go in a large cage in the boot! Thumbs Up
 2020 SDV6 D5 HSE, Carpathian Grey +
2022 Tesla Model Y LR... almost Carpathian Grey
Previously : 2005 TDV6 SE Auto, Cairns Blue (288K) - ours for 16 years 

Post #42788924th Feb 2009 11:17 am
frenchy

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Indus SilverDiscovery 4

We have a contract with the Water Treatment Works half way up the Old Man near Coniston village so might kill two birds...... Whistle

Post #42818624th Feb 2009 7:44 pm
DigitalJunior

United Kingdom 

I pick my D3 from them on Saturday so good to hear that people think highly of them. So good so far with me Smile
 SOLD - 23my Range Rover Sport D300 Dynamic SE  
Post #42819324th Feb 2009 7:53 pm
MCB

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 5 Seat Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

digitaljunior

My cars in at Lakeland on Saturday for an MOT. Could be a "spotted" for you as we've got a sticker in the back window.

Should be there by 10am. I will keep an eye out for you and your permagrin.

Good dealer for aftersales too.

Matt

Post #42839824th Feb 2009 11:50 pm
shellshock

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

Took mine up there in January - special trip for service but made a day out of it. Great service, good value and very friendly. Plan to use them again as the £ saving more than pays for fuel and you get a top job.
Have to thank this site (Lakeland were until recently a sponsor) otherwise would have probably just taken it to a local dealer (and been poorer for it) Thumbs Up
 ALTERNATIVES...............No alternatives for off-road capability.
If you want Surrey plush, go for a Range Rover. If you want Manchester bling it's the Range Rover Sport. But if it's a seven-seat, go anywhere 4x4, it's time to Disco.
(Daily Telegraph 08/08/09) 

Post #42843025th Feb 2009 12:45 am
cherokee

2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Nara BronzeDiscovery 4

Took mine in to Kentdale for 3 year service and MOT yesterday, a bit miffed realy only found one fault,
a bush on stearing, replaced under warranty without mentioning it to me till it was done.
I only had one issue I said they didnt need to wash it, I had washed it the day before and I was thinking of
the extra time needed to get back home, it had lubricant running out of every orifice outer door locks and

inner door catches bonnet locks and hinges wiper arms ect, didnt notice it till it got sh*t on it going home.
BUT! they did a good job for a fair price and I suppose I'm well oiled. 9days to warranty end O'H Eck!!
can't make my mind up to go with Tesco or take the risk, not had any problems from new, risk it or not
that is the question? F Censored it who cares i'm going to the Pub drinks are on me.

Paul
 Always walk behind a Shooter and
In front of a Sh*ter 

Post #42962326th Feb 2009 9:54 pm
MCB

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 5 Seat Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

2nd MOT passed there on Saturday, but thought I must mention a slight change to their loan car policy. I've always had a new D3/FL2 but this time was given the keys to a Corsa!!! Shocked

Sort of luckily we were having a family day out and I had the wife and kids with me. Hence a car full (2 kids under 2). No way were we all going to fit into a Corsa! Fortunately sales came up with an FL2. Lucky as we would have had a wasted journey if not as we wouldn't have been able leave our D3.

If not for all the gear and kids I wouldn't have been too bothered when it was only a £53 MOT. But come service time a spend of £300+ I would want something a little better. We have had the car 2.5 years (bought from Lakeland). You would have thought they would want to push people like us into better cars at service/MOT time as it may just make us want to buy a new one. As it was we were just glad to get our D3 back.

So if you do fancy a day/weekend in the Lakes, do use Lakeland, they are good but do insist on a LR loan car - unless you fancy a Corsa!

digitaljunior - did see your new car but it was at the back of the workshop. Hope its ready in time. Enjoy it. Thumbs Up

Post #4318172nd Mar 2009 11:20 pm
JMC

Scotland 

The Corsa thing is simply a sign of the times. It wouldn't be my choice either, but I'd rather my service was done properly than it was done badly by some lesser outfit just so I could run about in a LR loaner Confused
 The older I get, the more I realise that people confuse wrinkles for wisdom Smile
Founder member of Club FFRRV
Club Orange, Mint or Fruit
Club Walnut Sniffers

Post #4318262nd Mar 2009 11:27 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >