Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Technical (D3)

EPB failure. help / advice please
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
D327V6TDI

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3
EPB failure. help / advice please

Hi. The EPB on my 2006 19k mile 2.7 hse has stopped working and i wondered if any other member has experienced this same fault which appears different to other EPB failures that i have found doing a search on this site. Whilst driving on the motorway the yellow brake warning lamp illuminated (solid) along with the red park brake warning lamp ( flashing ) + message centre " park brake failure". I continued home where I switched off waited a few seconds then switched back on but the fault had not cleared and the EPB was not working. Later that evening i tried again and the fault had cleared, EPB working fine. I must have cycled the EPB about 10 times trying to prevoke the fault if it existed but it behaved perfectly every time. The next morning however the EPB went straight into fault as described above from inital start up and has been in fault ever since which is about 3 weeks now. One thing I have noticed is that if you sit in the car with the key out and let it go to sleep then pull the EPB switch the red park brake lamp illuminates for approx 3 seconds and then goes out but the EPB dose not cycle. Any help or advice on this problem welcomed.

Post #46750915th May 2009 6:21 am
Albourneboy

United Kingdom 

Very similar fault to the one I experienced back in March. Turned out to be a broken cable in the wiring for the EPB module.

The independent garage I go very diligently tracked this down. They first looked at a connector somewhere in the spare wheel region that they know has given rise to problems in the past. When they saw that this was not corroded and was connected properly, they swapped the brake switch for a known serviceable one. When that made no difference, they slaved in a new EPB module. When that made no difference either, they then started to test the continuity of the wiring and that was when they eventually found the cause of the fault.

I've not heard of anyone else reporting a broken wire so maybe I was just unlucky but it makes me wonder why it broke.
 Now an ex-D3 owner after 7 happy years. Miss the car but not the big bills Smile

Post #46752515th May 2009 7:13 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >