Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > General

Welcome to DISCO3 and DISCO4 - Say hello here!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 752 of 819 <123 ... 751752753 ... 817818819>
Jonesaw

2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Adriatic BlueDiscovery 3

Hi,
My battery went flat on my Disco 3 and have now got it going with jump leads. Drive it off drive and suddenly came to a stop. Grinding noise like someone put breaks on. Didnt stall (auto) and then went another 20 yds same again. Have parked disco back on drive. It’s 2007 and didn’t have this problem until battery went dead. Help. Allan

Post #220630929th Jan 2021 12:26 pm
AJ16

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Nara BronzeDiscovery 4

Hi Martin,

I've always loved Land Rovers and I now have a 2010 D4 XS. I've owned it for about a year an a half and only really added cosmetic upgrades such as new wheels and roof rails. It's Nara Bronze but I'm trying to accent it with all black features. I only have 2 issues 1. The heated screen doesn't work and 2. Intermittent Restricted Performance. It would be great to see if anyone has any advice on these issues. Once out of lockdown I'd like to meet up with other local LR owners and possibly do some green Laning. Looking forward to being a member. Thanks, AJ

Post #220680731st Jan 2021 11:22 am
xray

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

HI to every one, i have just joined your great site my name is Ray and i live near Sleaford Lincolnshire, i have recently bought a Disco 3 hse 55 plate and i am just in the middle of changing from air to spring conversion not quite as simple as i first thought, having to cut of rotten bolts etc but i am getting there, one side done so other side this week weather permitting. I will let you all know how it all goes and put up some pics when ive found my way round the site thanks for now Ray.

Post #220689631st Jan 2021 4:21 pm
mpd2000uk

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux Auto Unknown ColourDiscovery 4
Newbie, Disco 4

Afternoon all.

After a few months searching I have just purchased my first Land Rover.

It's a 2014 Lux, relatively hight mileage but with 1 owner and full comprehensive history. Just had all belts done and a brand new steering rack after a leak.

Purchased the lux as we often do long journey's so TV for my 3 young ones will be handy!

Last edited by mpd2000uk on 31st Jan 2021 4:38 pm. Edited 2 times in total 
Post #220689931st Jan 2021 4:27 pm
ianm27

England 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 GS Auto Orkney GreyDiscovery 4

Hi AJ16, Jonesaw, mpd2000uk and xray and welcome to the joys of owning a Discovery Laughing

AJ16 - the heated screen may be a simple as a loose connection, the restricted performance is more difficult to diagnose. You will need to get the codes read for both faults and post them on here and I'm sure someone will be able to help.

Jonesaw - you will also need to get the codes read for this fault and I'm sure someone will be able to give advice.

To read the fault codes yourself you will need an IID or an Autel code reader, both of which are recommended on this site. Or you will need to find a good independent LR garage for them to read the codes and diagnose the problems.

Good luck Very Happy
 Uncle Ray's spare wheel protector
Limo Tint
Blackvue front & rear dashcam
Cruise control switch pack
Bodsy's remote for FBH 

Post #220690031st Jan 2021 4:27 pm
S66dcjdisco

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Unknown ColourDiscovery 3

Hello another newbie to the l/r world. I've always avoided them like the plaque due to relentless issues etc that come with the later stuff. But was offered my 2005 d3 2.7tdv6 hse at a rediculas price by my nieghbour. and couldnt say no as I've done a fair bit of work on it for him over the last 3 years. even if it only last 6 months it was worth the 1k asking price. Its had oil pump mod. Gearbox sump mod. New tyres and last year the air suspension packed up so we chucked on a new Dunlop spring and shock kit and I did the ecu delete that came with the kit. So think I got my moneys worth in that alone. It does have issues like boot wouldn't open. Parking sensor alarm isn't working. And got rev fluctuation going up hill. So doing a gearbox flush etc and treatment to see if that helps other wise we're looking at torque converter replacement. Which I won't be looking forward to doing. She's covered 178k miles so far and nearly every thing wolks at the moment. Will be asking alot of questions on here and sponging all the info I can find as like to be aware of future issues etc

Post #22071281st Feb 2021 12:39 pm
V8man

Ukraine 2007 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

Hi i am new to the site having recently purchased a d3 v8 japanese import.
I am most impressed with the knowledge base available to members and have learned loads all ready.
I hope i can add to this whenever possible Thumbs Up

Post #22071671st Feb 2021 3:22 pm
D4XNY

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Hey another Newbie here

Just thought I would say hello and thank you for all your tips and tricks in advance

Just bought a 2005 Discovery3 HSE 4.4 V8 with 134k miles... Also has an lpg tank, so might help with the rubbish mpg lol

Previous cars are MR2's, 350z, Subaru Impreza WRX, BMW 535d, and a 1997 Jaguar XJ8 4.4 V8 Sovereign... so not totally new to the Jaguar Land Rover group...

Also been on various owners groups as i like to look after my cars and also learn little gems of advice to prevent any future problems, though i understand that might be hard to do on these beasts..

Cheers

Dan

Post #22071741st Feb 2021 3:59 pm
kajtzu

Finland 2005 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

Welcome and welcome to the rather exclusive V8 club Laughing Thumbs Up

Do a search for V8 and you’ll find a few threads with most of the collective wisdom of those vehicles. The engine is pretty much bullet proof and trouble free.

Post #22071751st Feb 2021 4:06 pm
V8man

Ukraine 2007 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

You just cant beat an 8 pot ! Bow down

Post #22071771st Feb 2021 4:15 pm
Jon3273

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Barolo BlackDiscovery 3

Hi! Not new to landrovers but new to disco 3s!! Hello all, I'm sure I'll be needing to pick your brains soon haha. I've had defenders, freelancers, disco 1/b disco 2 now 3!! Dont really know why but I love the green oval, solihull born and bread so I can't not really!!
 Disco 3 2.7tdv6
Disco 2 td5
Disco 1b 3.9 v8 gas
Defender 110 200tdi
Freelancer 1.6 petrol 

Post #22076032nd Feb 2021 10:39 pm
Deaddiscosx3

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Causeway GreyDiscovery 3

Hi guys will here from Durham. Currently have a few landrovers from discos to full fatt rr have mu custom paint shop and currently 3 disco 3 I'm trying to get in running order tha ks for having me i have my own vehicle transport company if I can be of any assistance to you guys I'd be happy to help where I can hopefully going to get some great help on here with my d3s
Thanks

Post #22079874th Feb 2021 8:17 pm
Winman

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Hi all, New to the Landrover coming from the VW Touareg world. Always wanted a Discovery, finally took the plunge and bought a 2010 HSE. Really happy with it. Has had the belts etc all done as its just over 105,000 miles.

Post #22080104th Feb 2021 9:13 pm
Gordon G

United Kingdom 
Newbie Member/Owner

Hi all, I have recently bought a 66 plate D4 Landmark and have a few questions that I hope the someone can help me with.

1. I have upgraded all interior lights to LED's which appears to have been a success but can someone tell me should the footwell lights illuminate when you turn the sidelights on (this was the case in my previous vehicle) as mine do not they only illuminate when you open the door ?

2. when you unlock the vehicle the interior lights, DRLs, tail lights and number plate lights all illuminate then the exterior lights go out shortly followed by the interior lights which is what i would imagine is meant to happen, but if you then start the vehicle up the dash panel behind the steering wheel the tail lights and number plate lights all illuminate as if the side lights were on but the switch is set to off surely this can't be right ?

Thanks in advance, I'm sure I'll have plenty more questions.

Post #22084746th Feb 2021 9:08 pm
Kiwi Ged

New Zealand 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Loire BlueDiscovery 4

Kia Ora from New Zealand. Been a land Land Rover for past 35 years, 10 vehicles in that period of most models. Been running a D4 for the past 18 months and very happy with it. Was recommended to this site from another LR forum because it specializes in the Discovery.

Post #22085287th Feb 2021 4:22 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 752 of 819 <123 ... 751752753 ... 817818819>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >