Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > General

Welcome to DISCO3 and DISCO4 - Say hello here!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 768 of 819 <123 ... 767768769 ... 817818819>
Justste

United Kingdom 
Hiya to all

Hi just joined
Came from a freelander and just bought my first discovery 3.
Few cosmetic mods but mainly a grandaughter carrier and some camping.
Done a couple of basic things already.. Grill change.. Tinted windows etc... Nice to meet you all.
Ste

Post #224675816th Aug 2021 1:53 am
Mbenvo

Well hello forum members. I am a well seasoned programmer, engine calibrator etc of 15 years in the business. One of my best friends has an L320 and I am on a mission to get his digital dash working. Today I actually broke his, as a component flew off the board during air soldering.. but do not fear, with 6 more clusters on the way, I refuse to accept defeat.

Post #224678816th Aug 2021 10:03 am
Ms. Stvir

Yugoslavia 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

Hello everyone. Just bought Discovery 3, 2005 tdv6, 2005, 225.000 km on the clock, imported from Switzerland. In good shape for now. Some faults, normal height only, a bit of black smoke on the heavy acceleration etc... But nothing to worry about. Came to Disco after nissan patrol 2.8hr 1999, and mitsubishi pajero 3.5 gdi 2002. And I can tell you that there is a big difference. Voting for Disco all the way. Btw we are a family of seven, us, parents, two sons and tree daughters living in a beautiful woods of near Belgrade. No asphalt, steep hill from the house to civilization, and Disco is up to the task for now. Grrat to be here. Cheers.

Last edited by Ms. Stvir on 22nd Aug 2021 8:30 pm. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #224726418th Aug 2021 10:26 pm
Chris600h

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Hi all,
I am new to this site but am very impressed with its contents,
I have had a 2006 Discovery 3 HSE for about a year now.
I am very pleased with it so far,
but I am still getting use to it and finding out more about it each week.

Regards,

Chris.

Post #224780922nd Aug 2021 7:13 pm
garyetaylor

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Lux Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 4
Hi all, another newbie with lots to learn

Hello all, had my discovery for a couple of years now, it’s a high mileage discovery 4 225k now on the clock, started with issues which I’m taking it off road soon to get sorted, E brake module needs rebuild, brakes needs all changing, engine fine for age but looking at rebuilding over the winter 🤕 so I’m hoping you guys go easy on me 😂

Post #224819925th Aug 2021 12:34 pm
Moon Rover

United Kingdom 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux Auto Alaska WhiteDiscovery 4
Hello from South Wales

Hi all,

I just purchased an Discovery 4 SDV6 HSE Luxury, so decided I'd join this community to document the good the bad and the ugly side of living with it. I'm not new to LR, I actually passed my test in a series 3 many moon ago in the army. I've had a few other Discos over the years but have driven BMWs and Audis for the past 10 years (Yeah I know) Anyway I've repented and jumped back in to Land Rover. One week in and I've already had to replace the side steps, these were supplied by the dealer as the ones on the Disco were badly corroded. I've also had to deal with a failed rear hatch actuator, anyone who has done this job will how difficult it is getting access to the cable. So imagine my frustration when I find a brand new actuator was fitted two weeks ago by the dealer. (The cable had come off). Anyway that's it for now, I'll start a diary thread at some point.

Edit: Just ordered a set of Pirelli Scorpion Zeros, as it had a bunch of mixed budget tires on.

Post #224845926th Aug 2021 4:58 pm
Benhassell

United Kingdom 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4
Hi from york

Hi
Relatively new disco owner here
Been a mechanic and tester for 15 or so years but zero experience with Land Rover and now out of the trade.
Bought a gap tool
So far I’ve had to clear sunroof drains, clean csov, rewire tailgate switch, add a key, enable 4x4 screen and timed climate, and relearn turbo actuator values. Seems to blow a small amount of blue smoke so will check turbo drain pipe when I get round to it.
I have loads of questions but it’s just a hi for now

Ben

Post #224863827th Aug 2021 6:36 pm
AJH

Australia 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Baltic BlueDiscovery 4

Hi, glad to be here. My disco's done 196,000km and apart form some electronic gremlins i'm hoping to solve is still going beautifully.

Post #224872528th Aug 2021 11:21 am
wanborough one

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3
Hi All, so I just brought my first Disco 3 blind!!

Great to join the forum especially as I need a lot of help with this new purchase.
So used to be a mechanic back in the day so at 2K spares or repair I thought I had a bargain for this 2 owner high mileage Disco. genuine type of seller I thought, water pump gone egr on and brakes needed attention. Still taxed and Mot,d.
Got it collected and down to my local cambelt place brought a new oil pump, water pump, servo and vacuum pump and egr blanking plates and left them to it. Got a call they just did a head check and there was evidence of head gasket or gaskets needing changing so head need skimming etc etc. After I wiped the tears from my eyes I did the usual google search and came across your forum.
The info I need for today is your advice on removing the egr valves, I can see a lot of people swear by it and others dont. I have brought the blanking plates but need advice on what happens with the egr valves them selves are they left on the harness with what ever one has failed on my system changed or do you just tie up the connections and hope the engine light does not light up. And what about the flap removal suggest by some owners? Also mentioned is a remap if the light comes on can anyone give me a bit more detail on that please like where to take it if needed near Swindon.
I know your all going to be thinking what a *lonker buying blind, it was a spur of the moment thing but now I have it, it will be treated with love and sweat to get it back to reliable transport and the occasional off road fun.
Look forward the enjoying the forum and your advice on my present predicament.
Thanks All

Post #224873428th Aug 2021 1:36 pm
ianm27

England 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 GS Auto Orkney GreyDiscovery 4

Welcome to all the new members and owners of the Green Oval - may you be blessed with years of trouble free motoring. Well - we can all dream Rolling with laughter

Wanborough one - I would suggest you post your queries about the EGR values in the Tech section of the forum as more members are likely to read your post and have some solutions Very Happy
 Uncle Ray's spare wheel protector
Limo Tint
Blackvue front & rear dashcam
Cruise control switch pack
Bodsy's remote for FBH 

Post #224873528th Aug 2021 1:42 pm
wanborough one

Hi
Thanks ianm27 appreciate the advice

Post #224873728th Aug 2021 1:47 pm
aja4x4

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Nothing wrong with having a punt on a cheap motor, but do your research first its very rare for a head gasket to go usually its the oil cooler.

With a 2007 you will need to blank the pipes, remove the throttle butterfly valve and install a software patch for the egr valves.
 Andrew

D3 2.7tdv6 2005
D4 3.0 SDV6 Commercial died and gone to LR heaven
D5 3.0 SDV6 HSE 

Post #224873828th Aug 2021 1:50 pm
wanborough one

Hi Andrew
Thank you for the reply. Yes really strange because I checked the dip stick and the oil was clean the water header tank has no cream in it but it is a very rusty brown inside. The water pump had collapsed and the previous owner said it kept getting air locks so he stopped driving it hence the sale. Is there any definitive way to determine if the oil cooler is at fault and not the head gasket as they (garage) did the check which indicated fumes in the system if thats what its called and announced probably head gasket and they didnt seem to keen to do the work but it was booked in for the cam belt and pump so made sense for them to press on and take off the heads at the same time but they havent started work on it yet so any other advice would be appreciated.
Thanks Roger

Post #224875528th Aug 2021 2:59 pm
aja4x4

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Hi Roger if there picking up combustion fumes it is more likely to be a head gasket, if they are picking up oil in the water or water in the oil its most likely the oil cooler.
Theres a very good thread on hear where a small amount of coolant was detected in the oil when the OP analyzed an oil sample and the oil cooler was changed and solved the problem.

If you are getting the garage to do the work its going to be a very expencive repair.
but while its apart i would also pull the vacuum pipe off of the servo and check for engine oil as the vacuum pump is a real pain to change normally and they are going to have to remove it anyway.
I would also replace the cam chains and tensioners while its all apart.
 Andrew

D3 2.7tdv6 2005
D4 3.0 SDV6 Commercial died and gone to LR heaven
D5 3.0 SDV6 HSE 

Post #224876728th Aug 2021 4:36 pm
Dotfio

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 GS Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3
New Joiner

Hi all,
New to the Forum, Recently bought a 2008 Disco 3 TDV6 GS. coming from TD5 and 300TDI before that.
Just saying hello.
Regards
Tony

Post #224890829th Aug 2021 1:42 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 768 of 819 <123 ... 767768769 ... 817818819>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >