DISCO4.COM > Technical (D3)

Half cold-Half warm but with a twist
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
AndreasG

Cyprus 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Atacama SandDiscovery 3
Half cold-Half warm but with a twist

Good morning to all,

Just thought to mention something quite interesting I discovered yesterday yet I haven't seen here before (or I missed it big time!).

I bought my D3 1.5 years ago and since then I have had the heating only on the driver's side (and cold blowing out the passenger's side).

I came to terms that I needed to change the heater matrix as when the car was in the stealers (for another thing) I had them check the flaps and the whole system and everything was fine; they also concluded it was the matrix.

A couple of days ago while driving home after work I figured I'd play around with the heating (again in false hope) and for some reason, I pressed the E-con button (tried this last summer with the a/c and never touched it again). Lo and behold! I now have warm air coming out of all vents! All vents!

I have no idea how that works but figured I'll post here maybe some gurus will advise otherwise or if this is an indication other than the heater matrix, or maybe the E-con button is not meant to be used with the heating and I'm actually damaging something else.

Comments are welcome
 Discovery 3, TDV6, HSE, 2006
GAP IID BT Tool 

Post #23178168th Dec 2022 9:09 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >