Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Off Topic - Humour, Rants & Pointless Posts

Whats Got Your Goat Up today ?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 64 of 286 <123 ... 636465 ... 284285286>
Pelyma

England 

There was a news article recently where a helpful stand in “librarian” sorted all the books into colour and height order. Laughing

Hugh are you volunteering to put sugar on my cornflakes? Lots of comments on Reddit about it so it is a serious issue for others, sadly one was also of a mother at her wits end as her son has autism and only eats Frosties, thankfully mine is only an annoyance not a disaster.
 DS3 TDV6 HSE - Silver with Alpaca (old one) Gone
DS3 TDV6 HSE- Silver with Alpaca (new one) Gone
D4 HSE Lux - Montalcino Red Gone
Porsche Cayenne V8 Diesel S 

Post #21592946th Jul 2020 9:23 pm
leeds

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Landmark LE Auto Yulong WhiteDiscovery 4

Ebay IDIOTS

Sold a set of Defender diff guards on fleabay clearly marked NO RETURNS ACCEPTED

Idiot wants to return them!

So my time will now be wasted telling ebay no returns means no returns

Brendan

Post #21592956th Jul 2020 9:34 pm
HWN

Wales 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 4

Pelyma wrote:
Hugh are you volunteering to put sugar on my cornflakes?

No! Leaving them to steep in a bowl of high concentration sugar-water wouldn't be onerous, but individually pegging flakes to the clothes-line to dry would take ages.

2015 Volvo V40
2014 D4 HSE
2006 RRS - C'est mort. Fin...  ...It's alive!  Oh no, it's not - scrapped.
2019 Suzuki Kingquad 400
2017 RamRod Taskmaster 1150
1977 John Deere 2130

Post #21593617th Jul 2020 8:15 am
Hardware

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Sumatra BlackDiscovery 4

Tumble dryer ?

Dean
====================================

2011 D4 XS - OBD port protection, RLD spare wheel protector, All LED interiors lights, Timed Climate enabled, iiD tool paired.
2011 D4 Landmark - Stolen from same dealer before I paid for it
2011 D4 GS - Stolen whilst at dealer Sad ... All LED interiors lights, DRLs, Spare Wheel protector.
1996 300Tdi - Eaten by tin worms 

Post #21593627th Jul 2020 8:18 am
ronp

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

I'll take your tumble dryer and raise you one washing machine on full spin cycle!
 I was a normal heterosexual chap, but in these new woke awakenings I now identify as a Wardrobe.  
Post #21593667th Jul 2020 8:32 am
Hardware

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Sumatra BlackDiscovery 4

It's July. Bloody central heating just kicked in during the day. What happened to summer? Sad

Dean
====================================

2011 D4 XS - OBD port protection, RLD spare wheel protector, All LED interiors lights, Timed Climate enabled, iiD tool paired.
2011 D4 Landmark - Stolen from same dealer before I paid for it
2011 D4 GS - Stolen whilst at dealer Sad ... All LED interiors lights, DRLs, Spare Wheel protector.
1996 300Tdi - Eaten by tin worms 

Post #21593867th Jul 2020 9:24 am
DSL
Keeper of the wheelie bin 

Ukraine 

We had summer in April & May. Whistle Whistle

CH for 2 hours in the morning and log burner on from mid afternoon. Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Mind you we have had snow here in July so not complaining too much. Thumbs Up

Post #21594057th Jul 2020 10:15 am
robsmith

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Amazon - again.
Issue remains the same - it is illegal for me to send the batteries back to them, but the person I spoke to a few minutes did not understand this and has sent me another set of labels for the package, which has already been refused by Royal Fail, Parcel Farce, Herpes, DPD, DHL, UPS and a couple of local couriers. No offer of using their local pick-up point - from what I've heard their own drivers aren't allowed to carry batteries that aren't dispatched from an Amazon "fulfilment" centre.
Back onto the call centre again (not in the UK) unless I can find a UK number.
 Rob Smith
Silver rools OK

Post #21594177th Jul 2020 10:41 am
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 

That's another reason to add to the list of reasons why I don't use Amazon.
 Visiting from rrsport.co.uk
2012 RRS SDV6
2008 RRS TDV8
"When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die! You don't know who's children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they were always going to have to do from the very beginning: SIT DOWN AND TALK!" 

Post #21594207th Jul 2020 10:59 am
Scott #55

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Nara BronzeDiscovery 4

-1 for Herpes.

Waiting for an Apple Magic Trackpad from John Lewis. Got the notification yesterday that delivery would be between 11 and 1. After 2, I got another update to say it would be between 2 and 4. Around 5.30, another update to say they were having problems (genius) but would get it to me as soon as possible (ASAP was 11 in the morning....). So nothing yesterday.

Today, delivery is between 12 and 2. It's now 3, and nothing. App hasn't updated to show anew arrival time, and JL can't help, other than saying that I should wait a few hours.

JL is in serious danger of losing the sale to Amazon at this rate - something which goes against the grain for me.
 2014 - D4 2010 HSE Nara Bronze
2012 - FL2 2009 GS Stornoway Grey
2001 - VW Passat Estate Inky Blue
1999 - Ford Mondeo Light Blue
1998 - Rover 25 Red 

Post #21596848th Jul 2020 3:01 pm
Pelyma

England 

Should have bought it direct from Apple, additionally if you have problems outside of warranty they look at it more favourably. Thumbs Up
 DS3 TDV6 HSE - Silver with Alpaca (old one) Gone
DS3 TDV6 HSE- Silver with Alpaca (new one) Gone
D4 HSE Lux - Montalcino Red Gone
Porsche Cayenne V8 Diesel S 

Post #21596988th Jul 2020 4:09 pm
astonbuilder

England 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Moved to new energy supplier after confirming I don’t have to have a smart meter. Since then I’ve been bombarded with emails ‘confirming your agreement for a smart meter’. Batted that off with screenshot of our online conversation saying I don’t want, and them confirming I don’t have to have, a smart meter. I also gave them a screenshot of the T&C’s saying smart meter optional and my refusing it.

All went quiet and now I’m just getting texts confirming my appointment for smart meter fitting. Can’t contact them as ‘covid emergencies only’

C Censored s

Post #21597688th Jul 2020 8:15 pm
Scott #55

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Nara BronzeDiscovery 4

Pelyma wrote:
Should have bought it direct from Apple, additionally if you have problems outside of warranty they look at it more favourably. Thumbs Up

Thanks - went with JL as

(a) price was the same as Apple
(b) 2-year guarantee as standard
(c) had a £30 gift card that I couldn't think of a use for.

It's Hermes I'm hacked off with, not JL - today's update was basically the same as yesterday - 'There'll be a slight delay' - basically, I reckon they've lost it or it's been nicked.

Will be on the phone to JL tomorrow.
 2014 - D4 2010 HSE Nara Bronze
2012 - FL2 2009 GS Stornoway Grey
2001 - VW Passat Estate Inky Blue
1999 - Ford Mondeo Light Blue
1998 - Rover 25 Red 

Post #21598108th Jul 2020 10:45 pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 

astonbuilder wrote:
Moved to new energy supplier after confirming I don’t have to have a smart meter. Since then I’ve been bombarded with emails ‘confirming your agreement for a smart meter’. Batted that off with screenshot of our online conversation saying I don’t want, and them confirming I don’t have to have, a smart meter. I also gave them a screenshot of the T&C’s saying smart meter optional and my refusing it.

All went quiet and now I’m just getting texts confirming my appointment for smart meter fitting. Can’t contact them as ‘covid emergencies only’

C Censored s

Reminds me of time that British Gas were doing the high street "would you like info on swapping" stuff. SWMBO said she'd like info. Next we know, they told they'd swapped us over to them. SWMBO told them that she hadn't asked for a swap, only for info. BG messed around, sending bills, then apologising, then sending bills. After repeated episodes of this, we basically told them Foxtrot Oscar. Heard nothing for a while and then a bill for a couple of grand and threats. Counter threats from us and eventually they cancelled it all and reverted us to the original supplier. Lasted 2 years and we ended up with free energy for those 2 years by the time they wrote off the "bill".

I could see how those less, er, stubborn than SWMBO would be scared in to paying for a swap they never asked for.
2012 RRS SDV6
2008 RRS TDV8
"When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die! You don't know who's children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they were always going to have to do from the very beginning: SIT DOWN AND TALK!" 

Post #21598279th Jul 2020 12:17 am
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 

Scott #55 wrote:

It's Hermes I'm hacked off with, not JL - today's update was basically the same as yesterday - 'There'll be a slight delay' - basically, I reckon they've lost it or it's been nicked.

During lock down there was a Hermes van videoed by someone in the village. The blokes were opening packages and taking stuff out. Lots of reports on the village FB page about empty parcels or non-deliveries. Eventually the blokes were sacked I believe. Arrested and charged with theft would have seemed more appropriate to me.

All of the courier firms seem to have taken on staff to deal with the big increase in online sales. Done in a hurry that's going to let nefarious types in, isn't it?
2012 RRS SDV6
2008 RRS TDV8

Post #21598309th Jul 2020 12:21 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 64 of 286 <123 ... 636465 ... 284285286>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >