Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Finance, Insurance and Warranties

Admiral Insurance (and off-road experiences)
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 4 of 4 <1234
galwaygreen

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Graphite LE Auto Loire BlueDiscovery 4

landrover insurance have informed me this week that I HAVENT been covered for offroad for the last two years ,,,despite being told on day one " if I bought a landrover I would be expected to use it offroad"
they sent a letter 2 years ago claiming I was covered.and I was told that....we were going on a TREC day at Honiton.
I challenged them again this year all changed.....NO COVER for 4 x 4 events clearly states it on the cert of insurance.. and they admit wrongly advised....I shall be referring it to the ombudsman service....
I shall be complaining to LCRS and would suggest anyone else whos had a run in with LRI to do same...
would be nice if some one from LRCS would come on the forum and explain their position.
have tried A plan , flux and. Lancaster and have found all three very wooly in providing the written word from their policy documents..a lot of it appears to be down to theirs sales teams interpretation.
after a lot of work got flux to agree cover for TREC days £431 d4 63 plate

Post #164760028th Apr 2016 5:52 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 

I'm with Adrian Flux for my RRS. They confirmed that I was covered for a LRE Trec day earlier this year. Thumbs Up
 Visiting from rrsport.co.uk
2012 RRS SDV6
2008 RRS TDV8
"When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die! You don't know who's children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they were always going to have to do from the very beginning: SIT DOWN AND TALK!" 

Post #165881423rd May 2016 10:04 pm
alfamale

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 4

I changed from Admiral to Adrian Flux just before that LRE Trec Day day at Exmoor. Thumbs Up
 Front Runner Rack, OEM Ladder & RAI, Tuff-Trek Foxwing, B'rakhah Ingonyama Expedition Trailer, RLD's Spare Wheel Protector, Bodsy's Bars, Empty Pockets! Member of Gloucestershire & Worcestershire 4x4 Response.

Post #165894624th May 2016 10:12 am
Berty

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

I have just renewed both discos on a multi car with admiral. Due to take my D3 to the pyrenees in september for 10 days. I was thinking of additional cover anyway but it seems that options maybe limited given the above responses. Has anyone else had separate cover for such trips?

cheers
 D3 Java Black 57 Plate SE, Night Breakers, Grabber ATs, Sidelight LEDs and best of all - Narpy torch. loads more to buy.

D4 61 plate XS (12Mod Year)
BabyRRR - gone and completely forgotten 

Post #165944425th May 2016 4:44 pm
galwaygreen

only yesterday received a reply from LRCS.....they tell me they have no influence over LRI...or over LRE
SOUNDS LIKE THEY AINT Censored interested....
alas today I get a letter from Allianz insurance who provide for LRI....will be speaking to them in the morning

Post #165956325th May 2016 8:53 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 

I would have thought that the media would love to hear about Land Rover insurance that doesn't cover you for using your off road vehicle off road. A bit of public naming and shaming works wonders when their bottom line is at risk...

Perhaps LR should change the slogan to "the best 4x4xNOT TOO FAR" Rolling Eyes
 Visiting from rrsport.co.uk
2012 RRS SDV6
2008 RRS TDV8
"When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die! You don't know who's children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they were always going to have to do from the very beginning: SIT DOWN AND TALK!" 

Post #165961425th May 2016 9:54 pm
JonM

United Kingdom 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

LRI have confirmed that they DO cover non-competitive off road use. I phoned customer services a while before I renewed and they confirmed it. I also asked the sales guy at the time that I renewed and he also confirmed it.

In fact, I've asked every time I renewed with them and they have always said I'm covered on and off road (except competitive use). Thumbs Up
 MY2022 D5 HSE D300 - with extra nice bits added
MY2019 D5 HSE 3.0 SDV6 - sold to a dealer for a crazy price! - So good I bought another!
MY2012 D4 HSE 3.0 SDV6 - retired to a new home

Post #165964525th May 2016 10:53 pm
galwaygreen

well they wont cover their TREC days..at LRE .hardly competitive ...hope you've got that in writing...
don't take an y notice of the sales guy...you want to see a written policy...which is very difficult to find with any of those offering OFF ROAD COVER...spin comes to mind

Post #165968826th May 2016 1:19 am
Hairy Dan

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Landmark LE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

alfamale wrote:
I changed from Admiral to Adrian Flux just before that LRE Trec Day day at Exmoor. Thumbs Up

You may want to check who you are actually insured with as there are rumours flying about that one of Flux's underwriters have gone bust and people are getting emails saying they are not insured anymore. Shocked
 Cheers Ian
--------------------
Club N.E.R.D.S
Kielder 4x4 Safari
Discoless 

Post #168660731st Jul 2016 3:15 pm
alfamale

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 4

I'll chase them today...thanks, Ian.

Thumbs Up
 Front Runner Rack, OEM Ladder & RAI, Tuff-Trek Foxwing, B'rakhah Ingonyama Expedition Trailer, RLD's Spare Wheel Protector, Bodsy's Bars, Empty Pockets! Member of Gloucestershire & Worcestershire 4x4 Response.

Post #16868621st Aug 2016 9:01 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 4 of 4 <1234
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >