Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Finance, Insurance and Warranties

Admiral Insurance (and off-road experiences)
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 4 <1234>
Washwipe

England 

Really, then who, when the screen was paid for by Admiral and the clips had been fitted incorrectly, all grey on one side and yellow and grey on the other, the remnants were still in the A Pillar. All Admiral kept doing when a called them was put me through to Auto Glass, they wouldn't do anything as Admiral arranged National Windscrens to do it, despite trying a number of times, all they did was put me through to the screen dept which is a direct line to Auto Glass.

When I finally got through to Auto Windscreens who were extremely busy and couldn't look at it for two weeks, the end of the day surely if Admiral arrange and pay for the screen and fitting it is down to them.

Last edited by Washwipe on 29th Feb 2016 8:30 pm. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #161831429th Feb 2016 8:26 pm
Dave T

England 

Auto glass did mine, I'm sure they guarantee the work, they were the only ones I ever spoke to, so I would have gone straight to who ever fitted it
 Joined the BMWX5 45e group
1994 Defender 90

2015 RRS Corris Grey/Black roof
2016 D4 Graphite Santorini Black
2012 D4 XS Orkney Grey
2005 D3 S Maya Gold

Convoy for Heroes 2011 

Post #161831729th Feb 2016 8:29 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Mr.Tom

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Landmark LE Auto Waitomo GreyDiscovery 4

I gave up with admiral.. They stated no off road cover and when I then said but it's a road, I.e. Green lane (as that was all I wanted it for) they said no to that. Challenged over that, they then said on unsurfaced roads, I.e. Green lanes they would provide legal minimum, e.g. 3rd party, only.

I told them to stuff it, renewed with Adrian flux who were cheaper and had no issues, no with A plan at a comparable value to flux.
 Sill protection - LED internal lights - LED reverse lights - boot liner - Dog Guard - Rock sliders

MY12 D4 HSE - been and gome
MY16 D4 Landmark 

Post #161832129th Feb 2016 8:32 pm
Bill Wright

England 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Tech Auto Kaikoura StoneDiscovery 4

I had a quote today from Admiral. Just about double my existing insurer (Privilege). Good advertising programme. "Oh what a beautiful morning" (not). It's a pity that it isn't backed up reality
 Never take life too seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

D4 SDV6 SE Tech Kaikoura Stone MY15. 

Post #161832629th Feb 2016 8:38 pm
alfamale

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 4

Some interesting tales here.

As I mentioned in my original post, I can't fault Admiral until yesterday. Been with them for years, fully comp, 15k mile/annum with business use, my Sis and 71 y/o Dad on the policy, a SAC each for me and the old man and three fault claims across the three named drivers in 5 years...all for £356/year!

Adrian Flux quoted £499 for the year and I would have to remove my Dad from the policy because, unless I was willing to pay just shy of £1k, they only accept less than three claims on 5 years.

Gonna see what Reis can do for event cover!

Thumbs Up
 Front Runner Rack, OEM Ladder & RAI, Tuff-Trek Foxwing, B'rakhah Ingonyama Expedition Trailer, RLD's Spare Wheel Protector, Bodsy's Bars, Empty Pockets! Member of Gloucestershire & Worcestershire 4x4 Response.

Post #16185391st Mar 2016 10:21 am
Davethegeo

Scotland 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

I've just transferred my insurance to NFU. Thought they were very good and a good price too. Offroading is allowed as long as it's not competitive.
 D1 300Tdi - gone
D2 Td5 ES (Alive remapped...mmm) - sadly gone
D4 2012 SDV6 XS - Stolen
D4 2014 SDV6 HSE - Shiny

Post #16185401st Mar 2016 10:24 am
alfamale

OMFG!!!!

Just been on to Land Rover Insurance (underwritten by Allianz I believe) and they will not cover me for non-competitive, 4x4 trips or trec days.

I asked the girl if she could confirm what the date was, thinking that somehow I had lost a whole month and that it was 1-April Rolling with laughter
 Front Runner Rack, OEM Ladder & RAI, Tuff-Trek Foxwing, B'rakhah Ingonyama Expedition Trailer, RLD's Spare Wheel Protector, Bodsy's Bars, Empty Pockets! Member of Gloucestershire & Worcestershire 4x4 Response.

Post #16185461st Mar 2016 10:37 am
alfamale

And now NFU has quoted me £1600 Shocked

Post #16185601st Mar 2016 11:18 am
alfamale

Dave T wrote:
Try Reis, we use them for mud master, a competitive event, it's £25 for weekend although that may be a club discount.

http://reis.co.uk

Another thought is if it's private property then do you need insurance, if it's not is it a green lane which technically is a road.

So the quote has come back from Reis....they want £231.68 for the day!!! Shocked Big Cry

Post #16185811st Mar 2016 12:46 pm
Mr.Tom

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Landmark LE Auto Waitomo GreyDiscovery 4

Don't forget, insurers will give you a high quote if they don't want to insure you as they have to report "no quotes" to their regulator.
 Sill protection - LED internal lights - LED reverse lights - boot liner - Dog Guard - Rock sliders

MY12 D4 HSE - been and gome
MY16 D4 Landmark 

Post #16186091st Mar 2016 1:57 pm
alfamale

Think I'll go with Adrian Flux. Very helpful on the phone and tried calling back twice yesterday to follow up but I was unable to answer.

Post #16186221st Mar 2016 2:16 pm
galwaygreen

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Graphite LE Auto Loire BlueDiscovery 4

theres an old link of mine on here but I don't know how to get it on screen....same trouble with admiral..moved to landrover cus at the time they were happy to do offroad,,,gather that has changed for new customers..i did ask lre Honiton if they could arrange a day ticket and they cant..surprised A plan cant arrange a day ticket.
our d2 is now with Lancaster at a good price and they say they cover off road....

Post #16186561st Mar 2016 4:04 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
JonM

United Kingdom 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

alfamale wrote:
OMFG!!!!

Just been on to Land Rover Insurance (underwritten by Allianz I believe) and they will not cover me for non-competitive, 4x4 trips or trec days.

I asked the girl if she could confirm what the date was, thinking that somehow I had lost a whole month and that it was 1-April Rolling with laughter

Ok, that had me worried as I'm with LR insurance. So I phoned customer services and spoke to a very nice girl who immediately re-assured me that they cover all non-competitive off road use provided you are taking reasonable use of the vehicle.

I specifically asked about 3 scenarios - going across a field to see a sick cow (I'm a vet), going green laning (which is technically on-road) and the Keilder 4x4 safari which is an organised event off-road but not competitive. She double checked with a colleague and confirmed that they are all covered - no problem.

She's even going to send an email to all of the sales team to make sure they know that. Thumbs Up
 MY2022 D5 HSE D300 - with extra nice bits added
MY2019 D5 HSE 3.0 SDV6 - sold to a dealer for a crazy price! - So good I bought another!
MY2012 D4 HSE 3.0 SDV6 - retired to a new home

Post #16187201st Mar 2016 6:02 pm
alfamale

Censored . So having just paid the premium to Adrian Flux, I may now still get cover with LRI?!?!?!

Post #16188671st Mar 2016 9:30 pm
galwaygreen

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Graphite LE Auto Loire BlueDiscovery 4

so is that official then lri will cover old and new customers off road

Post #16189171st Mar 2016 10:12 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 4 <1234>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >