Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Finance, Insurance and Warranties

"Land Rover" insurance irresponsible behaviour
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>
galwaygreen

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Graphite LE Auto Loire BlueDiscovery 4

we went to lr on the basis they do off road cover to cover a lr trec day at Honiton.lre.......their words to me were...if you buy a landrover you EXPECT to go off road...are we suggesting here they have changed the rules.

Post #154908622nd Oct 2015 9:30 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
epninety

Wales 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

DG wrote:
To me they would have to have evidence that you were involved in a bone fide event which I would suggest involves some sort or payment to enter or be involved with. If a few people decide to go for a drive and happen to go off road then that in itself doesn't constitute an event surely. Confused

I'm not sure they could claim anything is 'an event' (especially without some form of legal definition) if it involved driving on an OPEN public highway. There are rules regarding motorsport events of course - pretty sure the road must be closed for the duration of the event.

If the Ins. Co. meaning of 'event' is different from what a reasonable person would assume, then they have a responsibility to explain that.

Or are they saying you can't go to a car boot sale or the village fete?

Post #154909922nd Oct 2015 9:50 pm
Reginald Molehusband

Scotland 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Landmark LE Auto ZanzibarDiscovery 4

Yes they have changed, as I mentioned above they covered our training days last year but this time they won't. They did say to me 'we cover off road driving, just not at 4x4 events' so car boot sale would be ok or horse box to horse trials would be ok.

The chief reason I quit them is they would no longer cover me at all with a winch fitted.
 2016 D4 Landmark SDV6 (Euro6), Zanzibar (late run D4)
2009 D4 HSE TDV6, Bali blue (first run D4)
2007 RRS TDV8 HSE, some blue

http://www.lothian4x4response.org 

Post #154914222nd Oct 2015 10:51 pm
DG
Site Moderator 

Wales 

A winch is an oem accessory so they should.
 21 year LR veteran > D2 GS 2003 > D3 S 2006 > D3 HSE 2009 > D4 HSE 2013 > D4 HSE 2015 > D5 HSE 2018 > DS HSE R-Dynamic P300e 2021  
Post #154915122nd Oct 2015 11:03 pm
galwaygreen

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Graphite LE Auto Loire BlueDiscovery 4

so why do they supply underbody protection and all the other gear for off roading and then not want to give insurance...bring on pete..wtfgo

Post #154918723rd Oct 2015 1:37 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Popelka

Czech Republic 

epninety wrote:
Or are they saying you can't go to a car boot sale or the village fete?

I think what they mean is "we don't care about you, go try elsewhere!" Laughing
 Experience is a difficult teacher, because she gives the test first and then the lesson afterwards!!!!  
Post #154920623rd Oct 2015 7:05 am
Slimer
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

DG wrote:
A winch is an oem accessory so they should.

If they don't I'll be changing insurers when my renewal comes up in a couple of months.

I'll also be contacting Land Rover to enquire why they allow an insurance company to sell products under their name that won't cover their vehicles if they have certain standard accessories fitted Confused
 The End  
Post #154926423rd Oct 2015 8:41 am
Reginald Molehusband

Popelka has it. Why stress about making sure we're covered by someone who makes our life difficult when we can go across the street to someone who shouts out welcome with open arms?

Slimer, I doubt Land Rover (Tata) is even aware that Land Rover (insurance) has changed their policy on the matter.

The guy I spoke to at Landrover was clear about the situation once he had been to speak to someone (boss/underwriter), but it would be interesting to hear anyone else's CURRENT experience of LR insurance to see if they get the same story.

Post #154945123rd Oct 2015 2:09 pm
garfield2

2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Barolo BlackDiscovery 4

Just renewed this morning, queried the cover provided reference any modifications, as they are all factory fitted, no problem, as a renewing customer all my previous benefits Question Laughing are covered. The subtle hint that as a new customer some may not, any road up I'm happy for another year.

Regards
Martin

Post #154995524th Oct 2015 12:14 pm
DSL
Keeper of the wheelie bin 

Ukraine 

Interesting considering most modifications don't happen anywhere near the factory. Whistle

Post #154995624th Oct 2015 12:16 pm
DG
Site Moderator 

Wales 

garfield2 wrote:
Just renewed this morning, queried the cover provided reference any modifications, as they are all factory fitted, no problem, as a renewing customer all my previous benefits Question Laughing are covered.

Same here it's not that long since I renewed with LRI under allianz ...all my queries and questions concerning off-road, mud tyres, winter tyres, and accessories such a sumpguard all answered with total reassurance.
 21 year LR veteran > D2 GS 2003 > D3 S 2006 > D3 HSE 2009 > D4 HSE 2013 > D4 HSE 2015 > D5 HSE 2018 > DS HSE R-Dynamic P300e 2021  
Post #154996024th Oct 2015 12:28 pm
garfield2

2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Barolo BlackDiscovery 4

DSL wrote:
Interesting considering most modifications don't happen anywhere near the factory. Whistle

Interpreted as being fitted/ ordered at time of purchase as opposed to fitting an accessory at a later date, his actual words were if LR supplied it it was covered,

Regards
Martin

Post #155021824th Oct 2015 6:52 pm
Reginald Molehusband

The guy was quite clear (having consulted his mentor) that in spite of 4 years of them insuring me quite happily with winch fitted they would no longer be able to insure my car because of it.

It sounds like at best the information they give over the phone is inconsistent. I wonder how it will stand up in the event of a claim ....

It always concerned me that they never included the mods in the statement of facts, even when I phoned them to alert them to this, they said 'you have made us aware, that is enough'
For you guys whose mods they say they cover, are they written into your statement of fact?

Post #155164227th Oct 2015 1:01 am
Popelka

Czech Republic 

so winches are the cause of most 4x4 accidents!! else why would they suddenly decide winches means we can't cover you? Confused

surly there is a full statement of fact, what has changed and why ?

yep truth be known when a claim is made and then the discussions, especially if confirmation to the positive was verbal and not written.

final question just came to mind, what happens to policies already in place, is this breach of contracts, will they cover until end of paper trail ??
 Experience is a difficult teacher, because she gives the test first and then the lesson afterwards!!!!  
Post #155166927th Oct 2015 7:48 am
Mr.Tom

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Landmark LE Auto Waitomo GreyDiscovery 4

I tried taking a policy out with them last year and they had to think about it and then offered an expensive (albeit not ridiculous) quote - I am guessing because I had after market tinted windows and a sump guard fitted.

They also could not easily answer questions about green lanes or off road cover.

I phoned Adrian Flux - they had a reasonable price and when asked about off road and the mods - they just went "yep - that's all covered too" Thumbs Up

So I won't be looking at LR insurance again - however, their warranty is a different matter Very Happy
 Sill protection - LED internal lights - LED reverse lights - boot liner - Dog Guard - Rock sliders

MY12 D4 HSE - been and gome
MY16 D4 Landmark 

Post #155168627th Oct 2015 8:40 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >