Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Off Topic - Humour, Rants & Pointless Posts

Whats Got Your Goat Up today ?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 277 of 300 <123 ... 276277278 ... 298299300>
Worms

Scotland 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Paul J. wrote:
Who thought buying a bike would open up such a can of worms? Shocked Whistle Rolling with laughter
Rolling with laughter Previously:
2010 FL2 TD4e GS
‘93 Defender 110 200TDi CSW - still got this, non-runner on SORN.
‘87 Defender 90 4 cyl Petrol
‘83 110 CSW V8 - best ever!
Range Rover 2-door V8 (not sure of year - 4-speed box and vacuum diff switch)
Series III SWB Diesel 

Post #235969322nd Jan 2024 3:34 pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 

You can't tell much from a name, frankly. I know third generation "immigrant families" where the person and both their parents were born in the UK after the grand parents moved here way back when.

And scrolling through the list there are plenty of people in there with "English" names. Page and Wheeler who, between them, owed the VAT man £623,000. Tollson and Pollock who owed c.£300,000. Plenty more examples of big sums owed by all sorts of people.

They're all to be berated, irrespective of where they might have come from. Live within the law and you're welcome so far as I'm concerned. Don't and you're not - even if your family has been in the UK for hundreds of years.

I'd like to see the millions (billions?) wasted by the Govt on PPE etc. during Covid being reclaimed, too, but they're mostly mates of the Tories so will probably get away with it bar the odd case to make it look like they're making an effort.
 Visiting from rrsport.co.uk
2012 RRS SDV6
2008 RRS TDV8
"When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die! You don't know who's children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they were always going to have to do from the very beginning: SIT DOWN AND TALK!" 

Post #235969422nd Jan 2024 3:42 pm
pjm-84

Ukraine 

mark the spark wrote:
I have no issue with taking the loan as long as its paid back .my company did and will be paying it back with interest till 2026, its the blatant thievery and then liquidatiing the business that is so wrong. thats an imprisonable offence imo.

Agree. Both I and the Wife took the bounce back loans and currently paying these back. To be honest I didn't need it but saw it as a cheap opportunity to borrow money. However the Wife did as she was paying temp workers that met the criteria (she has a recruitment company), whilst other recruitment companies just off loaded them. She also paid her staff full salary (which I thought was generous)

Last edited by pjm-84 on 22nd Jan 2024 3:59 pm. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #235969522nd Jan 2024 3:51 pm
pjm-84

Ukraine 

Quote:
You can't tell much from a name, frankly. I know third generation "immigrant families" where the person and both their parents were born in the UK after the grand parents moved here way back when.

Just looking at the list and you can....... I had an Arab Client many years ago and no, never again.

Post #235969622nd Jan 2024 3:58 pm
RogB

United Kingdom 

unfortunately when you have so many leeching solicitors firms offering to help people wipe out their debt and not have to repay what they have borrowed so the money is written off then these day people will jump on the band wagon of ''free money''.....but that money needs to be paid back from somewhere/someone, and that someone is the tax payer paying back these fraudulent claims and I for one am sick to death of it.

I have no problems with bending rules a bit, such as adding a few extra miles on an expense sheet etc but when people start to take the Censored then that really grates on me
 2011 D4 XS 305 MY12 - gone but not forgotten  
Post #235969722nd Jan 2024 4:00 pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 

pjm-84 wrote:
Quote:

Just looking at the list and you can....... I had an Arab Client many years ago and no, never again.

I've had British clients and non-British clients being gits. A git is a git. True, some societies seem to raise more gits but I think that is because those gits are entitled because they've always got their own way.
2012 RRS SDV6
2008 RRS TDV8
"When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die! You don't know who's children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they were always going to have to do from the very beginning: SIT DOWN AND TALK!" 

Post #235969822nd Jan 2024 4:10 pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 

pjm-84 wrote:
mark the spark wrote:
I have no issue with taking the loan as long as its paid back .my company did and will be paying it back with interest till 2026, its the blatant thievery and then liquidatiing the business that is so wrong. thats an imprisonable offence imo.

Agree. Both I and the Wife took the bounce back loans and currently paying these back. To be honest I didn't need it but saw it as a cheap opportunity to borrow money. However the Wife did as she was paying temp workers that met the criteria (she has a recruitment company), whilst other recruitment companies just off loaded them. She also paid her staff full salary (which I thought was generous)

Didn't need the loan, didn't want the loan, didn't take the loan.

Having been up to eyes in credit card debt when I was much younger and even more foolish, I shy away from debt if I can.
2012 RRS SDV6
2008 RRS TDV8

Post #235969922nd Jan 2024 4:11 pm
Hardware

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Sumatra BlackDiscovery 4

I can't / won't give names as it's something I heard from someone who heard it from ... who knows ... etc., but a local builder was allegedly advised by his bank to use the BBL money to pay off a bank loan and to liquidate the firm rather than pay anything back.

would not surprise me in the slightest if it were true.

Post #235971022nd Jan 2024 5:49 pm
Moo
D3 Decade 

Ukraine 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Paul J. wrote:
Who thought buying a bike would open up such a can of worms? Shocked Whistle Rolling with laughter

I suppose I could hold off ordering it, after all it won't be long before we've rejoined in some form or another Whistle Wink Laughing
 New Defender L663 110 SE (known as Noddy!)

Sold Volvo XC90 R-Design (known as Basil)

Sold - D4 HSE (Known as Gerty)

No longer the Old Buses original owner Sad
231,000 miles and counting
05 S manual owned from March 2005
D4 Face lifted
Still original injectors and turbo
V8 Front brakes
BAS Remap, Allisport Intercooler and deCat
EGRs blanked
T-Max split charge
Hanibal Expeedition rack
Prospeed ladder
Duratrac tyres
IID BT
BAS FBH control 

Post #235972222nd Jan 2024 7:36 pm
Paul J.

United Kingdom 

Ner Ner Laughing
 An ex-Disco3 / FFRR owner ......

..... now on the JLR electric highway. 

Post #235972522nd Jan 2024 7:52 pm
Moo
D3 Decade 

Ukraine 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Laughing Thumbs Up
 New Defender L663 110 SE (known as Noddy!)

Sold Volvo XC90 R-Design (known as Basil)

Sold - D4 HSE (Known as Gerty)

No longer the Old Buses original owner Sad
231,000 miles and counting
05 S manual owned from March 2005
D4 Face lifted
Still original injectors and turbo
V8 Front brakes
BAS Remap, Allisport Intercooler and deCat
EGRs blanked
T-Max split charge
Hanibal Expeedition rack
Prospeed ladder
Duratrac tyres
IID BT
BAS FBH control 

Post #235972622nd Jan 2024 7:58 pm
mark the spark

2014 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 XXV LE Auto Causeway GreyDiscovery 4

Hardware wrote:
I can't / won't give names as it's something I heard from someone who heard it from ... who knows ... etc., but a local builder was allegedly advised by his bank to use the BBL money to pay off a bank loan and to liquidate the firm rather than pay anything back.

the bank loan would be secured against him personally the BBL against the government to the bank so yeah i can see the unethical logic in that advice
 MY05 SE D3 Manual my first LR what a car
MY10 HSE D4 auto
MY14 XXV more buttons than the spaceshuttle 

Post #235976823rd Jan 2024 9:07 am
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 

Hardware wrote:

Banks have got used to being bailed out by the public purse so it's not surprising. Whistle
2012 RRS SDV6
2008 RRS TDV8

Post #235978723rd Jan 2024 11:31 am
pjm-84

Ukraine 

RRSTDV8 wrote:

Didn't need the loan, didn't want the loan, didn't take the loan.

Having been up to eyes in credit card debt when I was much younger and even more foolish, I shy away from debt if I can.

Lol..... £50k at 2.5% interest is a no brainer. To save £50k as a business would have cost us £9k in tax. Instead its circa £3k and deductible. Sits on the account and give us flexibility. Must be half paid off by now.

Post #235979123rd Jan 2024 12:39 pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 

But what did you do with the £50k? Just leave it sat in the bank? If you're paying 2.5% interest on the loan and getting less than that in interest from your bank, how is it beneficial to have it? If you can get more than 2.5% then I can see a benefit.
2012 RRS SDV6
2008 RRS TDV8

Post #235979323rd Jan 2024 12:59 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 277 of 300 <123 ... 276277278 ... 298299300>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >