Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Technical (D3)

Amber Warning Lights but after car driven
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
wavey66

2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Well car is back and seems ok now it seems to sit evenly now so fingers crossed all is sorted. I've definately lost confidence in it though but time is agreat healer !

Post #24311110th Jan 2008 6:42 pm
unclebob

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Hi Wavey
Have been following your thread as have had similar problems (with my 54 plate D3) to you over post year. I have posted the full story if you want to check it out. The problem I have now is that after replacing just about every key electronic component possible I no longer get the suspension error warnings but the ride is rubbish compared to how it used to be. My Dealer tells me that there are no faults showing on diagnostics and the " different" ride characteristics I get now are due to the upgraded software now installed ( ran a complete software replacement programme backin feb 08). Frankly the ride is rubbish in comparison to how it used to be. Its as if the dynamic aspect of the suspension function is turned off. The car rolls on cornering and braking and you feel and hear every bump and defect from the road surface, even tarmac lines. This never used to be the case and whrere as before I loved driving the car now I dread it. Have you noticed any changes in ride quality in yours and have you had software "upgrades" installed. I know there is something wrong but cant work out what it can be. It doesnt seem right that a software upgrade would be designed to remove one of the most impressive and enjoyable aspects of the car i.e. fantastic ride quality but apparently it can. Would appreciate hearing from anyone that has suffered a deterioration in ride quality following a software upgrade installation.

Post #3302538th Aug 2008 4:38 am
flinty99

England 

AVE wrote:
It's like having a fur coat and no knickers!!!

Sounds like you have some experience here Jan Whistle Whistle
 For details on the next Kielder Safari click visit the Kielder Safari website

Sold: HSE-G4, Tangiers Orange. (one of your 5 Discoverys a day)

Member of CFT 

Post #3304498th Aug 2008 3:26 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
wavey66

2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Bob, it's been a while now since the problem and I've not noticed any issues, seems to be as smooth as ever, mind you they did identify the problem and replaced the offending part. Perhaps the issue for you is that they have changed such a lot. Id there any sort of calibration required ?

Post #3305468th Aug 2008 7:57 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >