Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Technical (D4)

*UPDATE* Retro fit memory seat update
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 5 of 5 <12345
Famousfive

Ukraine 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 GS Auto Loire BlueDiscovery 4

Its for the CANBUS - if you follow my posts from earlier in thread hopefully you'll get to same end result 👍
 Stolen - D4 Loire Blue
D4 Bali Blue 

Post #233500929th Apr 2023 6:13 pm
Shaunm41

United Kingdom 

Thanks, I shall have a play with it at the weekend and see how it goes

Post #233501729th Apr 2023 6:54 pm
Shaunm41

United Kingdom 

Finally got round to having a go at this.. followed the advice given in the earlier posts..

I managed to get part of the wiring loom from the donor vehicle so stripped out the original yellow/white and yellow/blue wires and fitted them into the plug on my car to add the seat module onto the canbus.. the wires weren’t long enough to reach the solder point by the rear door so I cut into the wires by the seat and made new solder joints there, this got the seat working smoothly with no bursts..

There was just one other wire (purple/silver) in pin 17 that needs to be fitted at some point, as I didn’t have the complete wire all the way to the car side of the door connector.. looking at the door connection, it’s only terminal 18 on the car side that’s not populated, all the other wires are there, and there’s all 7 black wires in the door side of the memory module connector too so I’m assuming by running a wire from pin 18 on the door connector to pin 17 of the seat connector, I should have the memory module connected and working, is that correct?

Thanks

Post #234234616th Jul 2023 1:49 pm
webego

England 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Orkney GreyDiscovery 4

@Famousfive, I have an HSE D4 with memory seats but the door switches (in the handle) are dead. No lights, no function. Everything else seems to check out. I've swapped out the door switches and the memory module to no avail. I don't have any faults on IID and I have the correct CCF set.

Do all the green connectors relate to the same wires all the way from door switches to memory module and seat? Guessing there is a break somewhere along those? How many wires are we talking about here as your test loom only looked like two?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Geoff

Post #234489711th Aug 2023 11:20 pm
Famousfive

Ukraine 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 GS Auto Loire BlueDiscovery 4

Hi Geoff,

so I'm clear, you've put HSE seats in a Base GS model or similar - is the seat moving freely (no bursts) from the seat control and its just the door memory settings not working?

I'll go back through notes if this is the case to see what I did with the help of others on here Thumbs Up

Nick
 Stolen - D4 Loire Blue
D4 Bali Blue 

Post #234490312th Aug 2023 10:10 am
webego

Hi Nick,

Thanks for responding. No, these are factory fitted memory seats in a D4 HSE. All seat electrics work. All door electrics like windows and mirrors work. Have power to memory module under the seat. However the door switch pack for the memory seats/central locking is dead. Buttons do nothing and don't light up. But I don't have any faults on IID and the CCF shows memory seats fitted.

So my guess is somewhere in the wiring from the memory module to switch pack might be the problem as it doesn't appear to have any power (buttons don't light up). I have previously tried swapping out the switch pack, the memory module and the door module but not change. Only the wiring that I haven't tested now but trying to get a better idea of which wires are involved that could cause this issue.

Thanks

Geoff

Post #234490512th Aug 2023 10:36 am
webego

So turns out it was the door switch pack that wasn't earthed properly. Pete K worked it out Bow down

https://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/post2344982.html#2344982

Post #234498313th Aug 2023 4:11 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 5 of 5 <12345
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >