Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > General

Welcome to DISCO3 and DISCO4 - Say hello here!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 763 of 819 <123 ... 762763764 ... 817818819>
ianm27

England 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 GS Auto Orkney GreyDiscovery 4

Welcome to all the new members of the Forum and to the joys (wallet emptying Laughing ) of Disco ownership Thumbs Up

DiscDave - there are alot of posts on here about the oil pump, if in doubt get it changed. The search function should give you a lot if info Smile

Bargepilot - forum rules - no pics = it didn't happen Laughing I'm sure the V8 members here will be happy to embrace a new member (covid safe of course) Rolling with laughter

Martmac - you may want to post your query in the Maintenance section of the forum and I'm sure the peeps with more knowledge than me will be able to give some advise Smile
 Uncle Ray's spare wheel protector
Limo Tint
Blackvue front & rear dashcam
Cruise control switch pack
Bodsy's remote for FBH 

Post #223333531st May 2021 12:51 pm
Ken Shields

United Kingdom 

Hi all

Well I went and did it yesterday...I only went bought a 2008 D3 squeezie.in black with black leather interior

80K on the clock with FSH

I had a V8 Disco 2 previously so I'm hoping this will be marginally more economical than that Laughing

Looking forward to trawling the forums for info on upgrading it over the next few months

All the best
Ken

Post #22335281st Jun 2021 6:48 pm
Yankee_Rover

United States 2008 LR3 4.4 V8 HSE Lux Auto Zermatt SilverLR3
New Owner

Greetings. I’m joining the site by way of the American Pacific Northwest. My family bought a 2008 HSE Luxury LR3 a few months ago and I am joining to be share and learn information about maintaining this vehicle. I have some automotive maintenance experience, but it is limited and I hope to expand my abilities while owning the Discovery.

First order of business is diagnosing a slight clunk we’ve developed and investigating replacing the rear output flange for the transfer case.

Post #22335872nd Jun 2021 2:23 am
Givendale

Australia 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Baltic BlueDiscovery 3
Hello All

Hi all. New D3 owner here. I picked it up last week and I am very excited to put it through its paces soon. The car was imported into Australia from the UK by it's original owner and I am the third owner. It has had all the injectors replaced, the transmission and torque converter replaced with a D4 set as well as a new AMK compressor. the only bits I really need to sort out is a failing upper tailgate actuator and work out how I can get the D4 bluetooth mod in and running (buy find a Faultmate is the biggest question).

I am also the owner of a 1964 Series IIa 109 ute (pickup) that is currently in the process of being restored.

Looking forward to learning more about what my car is capable of and what the potential pitfalls and fixes are.

Cheers
Givendale

Post #22338683rd Jun 2021 9:41 am
yaou78

France 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

Hi All,
I'm french from Chevreuse near Versailles.I own a beautiful disco 3 with 181000km. I love this car so much that I can't separate. I have a house in the Alps so I also use it offroad (and also in Corsica)
I'm a car enthusiast, I also own a Jag XK, Porsche 911 (996), and BMW Z4 (E85)
I do a lot of mechanic myself and I love it. I plan to keep it as long as I could (stupid environmental law in France). I couldn't use it in Paris in 2022 for example... (my wife owns an electric car for that purpose)
Except a turbo last year at 176000km , my car is reliable and I hope i could keep until 300000km at least.
See U

Post #22338753rd Jun 2021 9:57 am
Inspectorclueso

Hi - New member on the search for Disco 4

Hi there, just thought I'd say hi, just registered as I'm considering a Disco 4 for family and towing duties. Currently using a Merc E350 estate, which has been great, but looking for something with 3 decent seats in the back due to growing kids, must be able to two a large caravan and ideally has 7 seats...so it narrows the field down somewhat. I'll be kicking off some research with some questions in the general forum. I have ben an LR owner previously in the form of a RR L322, which i enjoyed for 3 trouble completely trouble free years, I may have been lucky !

Post #22343145th Jun 2021 11:07 am
DengKao

Netherlands 2006 LR3 TDV6 SE Auto Stornoway GreyLR3

Hi all,

My name is Dennis (username DengKao)
I live in the Netherlands, and have been a Land Rover enthusiast for quit some time.
Discovery IIa (facelift), Freelander, Range Rover L322, and now we own two D3's
Discovery 3 2,7 TDV6, 2006 Stornoway grey SE (TerraFirma RAI, and almost nudge bar and spotlights), 18"
Discovery 3 2,7 TDV6, 2008 Stornaway grey HSE, 20 " Stormer wheels

The SE is hopefully my project car. Already mounted the RAI and now working on my nudge bar with spotlight. (I posted a question in another thread on that Wink )

So far I am not going to jinx our cars so...so I am happy with them. Let's put it that way. Very Happy

I hope to come here often for fun, info and good advice. Oh and lots of inspiration ofcourse.

All the best
Dennis
DengKao

Post #22348108th Jun 2021 9:17 am
DengKao

Netherlands 2006 LR3 TDV6 SE Auto Stornoway GreyLR3

wow first time and already double posting..

not a good first impression.

Sorry my bad

Post #22348128th Jun 2021 9:17 am
ianm27

Welcome to all the new members of the forum and to the wonderful world of Disco ownership Very Happy

We all love/hate/despair/enthuse about these vehicles in equal measure Rolling with laughter
Limo Tint
Bodsy's remote for FBH 

Post #22348328th Jun 2021 10:37 am
Harri.monk

Wales 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Hi all, a newbie discovery 3 owner here.

Recently bought a 2007 discovery 3, 2.7 tdv6, and i love it so far. i found the site helpfull for sorting a few minor issues with the reversing sensors (diagnosing individual sensors by the clicking sound) and repairing a broken wire in the same loom. So thank you Disco 3.

I have owned a few Land rovers over the years, most notably a Discovery 1, purchased after a green laning session in Rhayader. i got the bug! and virtually rebuilt the disco. Lift kit fitted, recon engine etc. I eventually used it to tour most of europe and some of morocco, haha great times. Then i had kids and she had to go (the disco, not the wife). So quite a few years later and a longing to own another landrover at a reasonable cost (i cant believe how much defenders are now!) i settled on a discovery 3.

Thanks for reading and hope to speak to some of you soon. Harri Very Happy

Post #22351689th Jun 2021 9:18 pm
Murtovaara

Finland 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Base 5 Seat Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Well, I was stupid enough to sell our FL2 and today bought a 2014 Disco 4.
Hope it is as good as FL2. Joined forum as probably need some advice now
and then regarding this vehicle.
Have an Defender also and the Defender forum is very good.

Post #22351709th Jun 2021 9:45 pm
GIRGO

Scotland 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Tonga GreenDiscovery 3
Wheels & tyres

Hi all, I am new to this site and new to Disco 3 manual! Having had previously a disco 3 auto and many other Bouygues and sports, I found myself itching to get something big and truck like to have a bit of fun with. I am looking for some chunky wheels and tyres, but not sure what I can get - can anybody tell me if any other models or manufacturers have the same stud pattern as the disco3 or what is best to buy? I’m not a serious off reader but would like to have something that could go off road or looks more off road ish….. also fancy an idea expedition style roof rack - as big as poss….. any advice or anyone selling, please let me know😃

Post #223562012th Jun 2021 8:20 am
ianm27

Welcome to the newbies and to many years of trouble free Discovery driving (well, we can all dream Rolling with laughter )

Girgo - have a read of the Wheels & Tyres section of this forum, should give you some ideas Thumbs Up
Limo Tint
Bodsy's remote for FBH 

Post #223565212th Jun 2021 2:48 pm
Ali4390

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Siberian SilverDiscovery 3

Hi all,

New member here, picked up a Discovery 3 last week as a replacement for my M140i. Totally different car but Im loving it so far. My plan is, as and when things need replacing, upgrading them so it's eventually a nicely sorted car.

For now, I'm planning to service it and change the timing belts and oil pump, having read Mikey and Flak's threads (thank you), and just spend some time enjoying it!

Post #223676718th Jun 2021 11:29 am
MJFR1000

United Kingdom 

Hi!

Post #223681918th Jun 2021 3:14 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 763 of 819 <123 ... 762763764 ... 817818819>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >