DISCO4.COM > Technical (D3)

Towing trailers with LED lights
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123
wires

Australia 
LED trailer lights blinking

G'day all
Yes the LED trailer lights blinking problem has been solved for all of us.
PulseShunt from labtronx.com.au does work well.
Regards
wires

Post #14805813th Apr 2007 8:28 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
wires

Australia 

G'day All
I have been experimenting with IRFs suggestion that a 470 ohm resistor and a 1000 microfared capacitor will fix the blinking trailer indicator LEDs. I have tried different resistances and capacitances connected in different ways and I can stop the blinking but then the turn signals do not get to the LEDs either???
Have I missed something? Question
Confused as usual. Confused
wires

Post #15002819th Apr 2007 9:07 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
christyler

Ireland 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

wires wrote:

Have I missed something?

No you missed nothing,

it wont work. a LED is a diode. you cannot shunt a pulse from this setup using only a resistor and a capacitor of any value.
 CLUB "Ah Shor it'll be grand"

First D3 in the World with a Hydraulic Winch.
2006 Disco 3 TDV6 S Auto,
Diff Locks, Turbochipped, Raised Air Intake, 220volts Onboard, Onboard Compressor, Large Bore Exahust, Underbody Protection, One or two Other Mods as well.
Other toys include, Argo Avenger 8x8, Tatra 6x6 Motorhome (Being Built) 

Post #15017620th Apr 2007 12:53 am
wires

Australia 

G'day Chris
AHHH!! another wasted bit of life chasing wild geese. So what's new?
Didn't think I missed something that simple when I was doing the R&D for the PulseShunt.
PulseShunt does work for the Disco 3 and the RRS and I am just finishing the R&D for PulseStop for the New Range Rover.
Thanks for the reassurance.

Best regards

wires

Last edited by wires on 20th Apr 2007 7:55 am. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #15019820th Apr 2007 7:35 am
caverD3

Australia 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Rolling with laughter Bow down Very Happy Whistle
 â€œThere are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games”
Ernest Hemmingway
D4 3.0 Active Diff, Adaptive Lights, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Privacy Glass.
D3 2.7:Adaptive Headlights,Electronic Rear Diff,ARB Bar,Blaupunkt Speakers,JVC Powered Subwoofer,Removable Snorkel,Mitch Hitch,Pioneer After Market Head Unit,Steering Wheel Control Adaptor,Remote Adjustable Supension Rod System, Taxside Dual Battery System. 

Post #15019920th Apr 2007 7:45 am
Muzza

Australia 2007 Discovery 3 4.0 V6 Petrol SE Auto Atacama SandDiscovery 3

I am a technician and I have looked at the problem very closely.

Firstly, the discussion suggesting that a resistor can be used to load the pulse will only fix half the problem. A resistor (or even a globe) in parallel with the LEDS will make the car think the trailer is there and make the required changes to the cars behaviour but the flashing will continue. A time delay is required to stop the flashing.

I have built a circuit that covers both. I have it built into a cable with plug and socket so it is like an adaptor.

I would consider building a few and selling them if there is a need.
 If the EARTH was flat I would not need my DISCO 3  
Post #27980031st Mar 2008 3:27 am
wires

Australia 

G'day Muzza
Parallel universe.
I have applied for patents on this in the UK, USA and Australia. I would suggest that you did not manufacture and sell these as it could be seen to infringe my patent rights.
I have also developed PulseBusta which is either trailer mounted (version C) or fitted in the cable (version B). Both will soon be on my new website but limited pre-production units are available.
Keep up the good work in troubleshooting this type of problem only you are about two years late on this one.
wires
p.s. I can e-mail you (or anyone else) the details if you give me your e-mail address

Post #27980931st Mar 2008 6:20 am
Muzza

Australia 2007 Discovery 3 4.0 V6 Petrol SE Auto Atacama SandDiscovery 3

Strange,

I have been building electronic gadgets for 35 years and wonder how many patents I should have. I don't understand how can you patent hooking a couple of components together to achieve a result. I am using commonly available components and using common electronic principals. The tricky bit was finding out what the D3 was up to so I could fix it. I have fitted it as permanent to a couple of trailers and made in line units for multi trailer use. I did not really need to invent anything to acheive the result so maybe yours is different.
 If the EARTH was flat I would not need my DISCO 3  
Post #27987031st Mar 2008 10:41 am
wires

Australia 

G'day Muzza

Perhaps you should have quite a number of patents yourself by now. I found the first one to be very expensive as I used a patent attorney and it cost about AUD25,000.00 - about ten thousand UK pounds!!!! I have since read up a good bit and do them myself for a fraction of that cost. Money cost - the 'brain burn' is what really hurts.

I am still negotiating with the UK Patent office for the patent and I am ever hopeful of getting one. Very soon now I do believe. Each one takes a couple of years to get through.

Go to www.ipo.gov.uk and search for GB0617271.2

Do investigate patents - could be a good earner for you too! But It has to be something new - new - new.

wires

Post #28006031st Mar 2008 5:26 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >