DISCO4.COM > Finance, Insurance and Warranties

Warranty Direct
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 6 of 6 <123456
Snowy

England 

John C wrote:
Sounds fair (all round) doesn't it?

This 'rule' is maybe being driven by the dealers themselves. They'll agree to complete work at the reduced labour rate WD will pay them, if WD insist their customers have to pay the inflated service costs at main dealers. Lots of back scratching Rolling Eyes .
 The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us yet.  
Post #64992617th May 2010 12:41 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
John C

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

Mine's in at that moment. Claim for some air suspension issues and banging/clattering other bits and bobs. Submitted via 1-link... please keep everything crossed!

2020 SDV6 D5 HSE, Carpathian Grey +
2022 Tesla Model Y LR... almost Carpathian Grey
Previously : 2005 TDV6 SE Auto, Cairns Blue (288K) - ours for 16 years 

Post #65007717th May 2010 5:54 pm
John C

Well, I've just had my car back from Duckworths (http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/topic51153.html) so thought it worth feeding back my experience with Warranty Direct.

Work was diagnosed as failed air compressor, worn front and rear ARB bushes, worn centre and outer track rods and failed bottom ball joints.

Duckworths were superb and dealt with WD submitting through their electronic system. Given the size of the potential bill, WD sent out an engineer to check the state of the car. WD authorised everything with the exception of the ball joints (fair enough, it's not mentioned on their policy), steering alignment (which they subsequently authorised after a bit of to-ing and fro-ing) and a few nuts/bolts/rivets which to be honest seemed a bit petty. It was 3-4 days of authorising/admin etc, but during this time Duckworths had kindly lent me a loan car. I'm very grateful to Duckworths, because I think the process was a lot more time intensive than it is for say the traditional LR warranty and I think they went the extra mile to help me. So, I'm conscious that my positive experience of WD was probably helped by a fair amount of time/input from Duckworths.

There was some initial confusion from WD because my £0 excess and my no-betterment exclusion hadn't registered on WD's system from when the salesman sold me it. That took a few calls from me to help oil the wheels of bureaucracy, however that wasn't the end of the world, and their engineers on the helpline were polite and pleasant and it was quickly sorted.

I'm really pleased with the service from WD and policy (my involvement was only really because of a couple of admin errors). The work's all authorised and the amounts agreed, so I just need to submit my bill and they'll send me a cheque, but I've no reason to think that there will be any problems. At half the price of the LR, with better coverage, and wear and tear, paying up front for a bill seems a fair price to pay.

The total bill was well in excess of the cost of my policy, so I'd definitely recommend it based on my experience. Polite and pleasant at every stage from sales through to engineer discussions, and most importantly they've authorised payment. Their coverage is clearly very good on paper (aren't all policies!), but in my experience it's been backed in reality and when there were a couple of niggles these were sorted out quickly and efficiently.

Thumbs Up

John

Post #65278425th May 2010 11:17 am
AWD man

England 

glad to hear that John Thumbs Up
 57 RRS TDV8
BAS Map
D3: Gone but not forgotten 

Post #65278625th May 2010 11:21 am
DSL
Keeper of the wheelie bin 

Ukraine 

Thumbs Up

Post #65279025th May 2010 11:28 am
Dan A

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

Mine's in Guy Salmon at the moment due to no power, Both EGR's have failed.
Dealer had reported it to WD throught the online one link system. So far 2 days and they dont have a reply back from WD, so going to call to try and speed things up.

Post #65447029th May 2010 8:44 am
AndrewW

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Graphite LE Auto Orkney GreyDiscovery 4

Got my cheque today! Very Happy

Less the proverbial £50 "excess" (my life has been given to "excess" - so now I pay for it Confused ).

A
 2006 D3 finally swapped for a 2016 D4 Graphite in Graphite grey. No mods  
Post #65451329th May 2010 12:48 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Pugwash

United Kingdom 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 4

thanks to everyone’s input here, just taken a warranty with WD, they know the Disco3 forum users well, would not surprise me if they are registered. did really have to negotiate hard just mentioned Disco3.co.uk and was give a competitive price.

Will keep you up to date if I have to claim as I have taken a main dealer warranty

Post #6561813rd Jun 2010 12:27 pm
John C

I'm sure they're looking at it Smile Therefore I think it's important to feedback positive experience as well as any negative experience if it happens. John

Post #6561823rd Jun 2010 12:28 pm
John C

Just got back from jolly holidays to find a cheque from WD for all the money they owed 8) Must have arrived within couple of days of submitting the claim. Thumbs Up

Post #66276220th Jun 2010 7:19 pm
hids4u

United Kingdom 2009 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 3

Evening all
This is a great post
I bought a brand new D3 last year LHD that happens to have no LR warranty - long story but trust me i didnt pay anywhere near the 50k price for the V8 HSE Smile
Guy that sold me it has given me a letter covering the warranty as per LR - but i didnt fancy dealing with him for each claim for the next 3 years so thought i would a warranty up
LR uk wont do a LHD car! But found WD. Nearly dies when their online system quoted 1050 GBP for a year. Then phone rang and sales guy offered me 850 GBP

I thought they were joking - ok good cover but my god brand new car with 5k KM only and they price it like that. So i didnt buy and letting the dealer cover any costs - which touch wood have been 200 gbp so far for a faulty parking sensor which in fact was a bad connection - but bumper off by main dealer to find it!

I think sub 500 for a years motoring in a D3 is good value - just wondering why they wanted to milk me. particularily as the V8 is reliable not like the old tractor engine TDV6 Whistle

Post #66278920th Jun 2010 8:28 pm
John C

...and they just agreed to a new alternator as the old one started smoking Shocked Thumbs Up Very good service - definitely worth the money Thumbs Up

Post #66493425th Jun 2010 10:02 pm
Frapp

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Landmark LE Auto Indus SilverDiscovery 4

Well after reading this thread numerous times I have decided to go for the Land Rover warranty.
I'm working on the assumption that if it breaks down a Land Rover garage will fix it and between them they can charge what they like.

Land Rover product
Land Rover warranty
Land Rover garage

F***ing Mend It. Job done Thumbs Up
 Member of the carrot crank club

Embarrassingly in for the 2nd round, bought another two

D3 Jack Russell carrier
D4 Landmark for towing duties 

Post #66499626th Jun 2010 8:57 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 6 of 6 <123456
Jump to: