Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Off Topic - Humour, Rants & Pointless Posts

Whats Got Your Goat Up today ?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 110 of 286 <123 ... 109110111 ... 284285286>
astonbuilder

England 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Candidates/supporters/hangers on at polling station who pretend to have some authority as they casually ask to see polling card to “check the number” as you enter. The amount of people that apologetically fish it out of pocket/handbag and show it them is only surpassed by their stupidity when they then respond to the question “...and who are you voting for?”

Censored off you nosey Censored

Post #22287027th May 2021 6:37 am
nigethecat

Ukraine 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Commercial XS Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

Driving back from Scotland yesterday, the weather was appalling at times, snow, hail, torrential rain...and still people drive with no lights on... why are they not prosecuted for this? They are far more likely to cause an accident as if you can’t see them you can’t avoid them! Twisted Evil
 I want to see the sweets before I get into your windowless van... I'm not stupid!

Corris Grey D4 Commercial SE 2016
Zermatt Sliver 2007 D3 SE manual (gone)
Indus Silver D4 HSE 2015 (gone)
Bonatti Grey D3 HSE 2006 (gone)
White D3 S (LHD) 2007 (gone)
Firenze Red D4 HSE 2014 (gone)
Black RRS 3.6TDV8 2008 (gone)
Rusty Green Defender 110 1997 (gone)
Black FL2 HSE 2013 (gone) 

Post #22287097th May 2021 7:35 am
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 

astonbuilder wrote:
Candidates/supporters/hangers on at polling station who pretend to have some authority as they casually ask to see polling card to “check the number” as you enter. The amount of people that apologetically fish it out of pocket/handbag and show it them is only surpassed by their stupidity when they then respond to the question “...and who are you voting for?”

The presiding officer should be telling them to go away.

I remember working on the polls years ago. There were a couple of people doing as you describe, quite "in your face" at times. Presiding officer told them to stop it and move away from the station. They refused and carried on. Plod was called and gave them a choice. They left.
 Visiting from rrsport.co.uk
2012 RRS SDV6
2008 RRS TDV8
"When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die! You don't know who's children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they were always going to have to do from the very beginning: SIT DOWN AND TALK!" 

Post #22287237th May 2021 8:51 am
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 

SN wrote:
RRSTDV8 wrote:
Better yet, ban McDonalds and give people cookery lessons. Thumbs Up

No you're not - you're looking down your nose at anyone who might eat their stuff and "should be taught to cook" FFS

Yes, and my opinion that it is junk is as valid as your opinion that it's ok. Thumbs Up
2012 RRS SDV6
2008 RRS TDV8
"When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die! You don't know who's children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they were always going to have to do from the very beginning: SIT DOWN AND TALK!" 

Post #22287387th May 2021 9:38 am
flydive

Switzerland 

No, your "opinion" is that what you do no like should be banned

Post #22287557th May 2021 12:00 pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 

That's just as valid as the opinion that it shouldn't be banned.

This is an internet forum with no power to change the world. We can chew the fat and have opposing opinions because it doesn't matter. Thumbs Up

Now, if Martin comes along and tells us we're not allowed to express a certain view point, he can because it's his playground. But the rest of us can continue until he does so. On the whole, we're pretty good at doing that, even in the politics section. No need to get angry with each other - although I do admit to doing so on occasion, much my shame. But that's my problem, not anyone else's.

If I wish to look down my nose at McDonalds and its customers, I will. If you don't like it, fine. Neither opinion is going to worry McDonalds or its wider customer base, is it? Laughing
2012 RRS SDV6
2008 RRS TDV8

Post #22287577th May 2021 12:14 pm
mark the spark

2014 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 XXV LE Auto Causeway GreyDiscovery 4

It worries me the whole rise of the fast food industry in the last 25 years and now with Uber eats etc you only have to get from the sofa to the door to feed your face.

no wonder obesity is through the roof you just have to look at the USA to see how we are heading. Im one whose struggled with weight issues over the years but imo they should all be closed down .just my opinion
 MY05 SE D3 Manual my first LR what a car
MY10 HSE D4 auto
MY14 XXV more buttons than the spaceshuttle 

Post #22287807th May 2021 2:42 pm
HWN

Wales 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 4

Thanks to the RFID chips implanted under the guise of "vaccinations", "They" will be able to track our calorie intake. Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

2015 Volvo V40
2014 D4 HSE
2006 RRS - C'est mort. Fin...  ...It's alive!  Oh no, it's not - scrapped.
2019 Suzuki Kingquad 400
2017 RamRod Taskmaster 1150
1977 John Deere 2130

Post #22287837th May 2021 2:45 pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 

Won't they be able to use the vaccine to change our DNA and make us less likely to put on weight? Surely there has to be a benefit to this "so-called vaccine" (as someone referred to it recently when talking to me about the vaccine. I thought his tin foil hat was more of a worry, but hey...) Laughing
2012 RRS SDV6
2008 RRS TDV8

Post #22287847th May 2021 2:47 pm
Moo
D3 Decade 

Ukraine 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Lying, lazy scumbag carpet fitters who have left us in an absolute mess.

Bedrooms emptied, stuff everywhere, apparently they rocked up and we weren't in. We were. Twisted Evil

Then changed tune to say they couldn't reach the house because of roadworks. They can. Twisted Evil

Changed tune again to say my wife phoned and rearranged it with them. She didn't- lying fkrs! Twisted Evil

We are left in absolute chaos and will now have to put everything back until the 28th May. Twisted Evil

This is all being done through our insurers claim company, who haven't a clue what customer service, communication or facts are.

Hate the fkng lot of them. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
 New Defender L663 110 SE (known as Noddy!)

Sold Volvo XC90 R-Design (known as Basil)

Sold - D4 HSE (Known as Gerty)

No longer the Old Buses original owner Sad
231,000 miles and counting
05 S manual owned from March 2005
D4 Face lifted
Still original injectors and turbo
V8 Front brakes
BAS Remap, Allisport Intercooler and deCat
EGRs blanked
T-Max split charge
Hanibal Expeedition rack
Prospeed ladder
Duratrac tyres
IID BT
BAS FBH control 

Post #22287937th May 2021 3:43 pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 

Arrgh, that sounds Censored , Moo. Bad enough having to deal with the chaos, but being lied to too just crowns it all. Censored
2012 RRS SDV6
2008 RRS TDV8

Post #22288017th May 2021 4:05 pm
pjm-84

Ukraine 

This.... spot the issue?

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2021/m...yle-panels

Post #22288117th May 2021 5:04 pm
robsmith

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

astonbuilder wrote:

When I used to vote in person my stock answers were either "All of them", "None of them, they're all useless", or "Not the one you support". There were two responses "Oh, you are wasting your vote" or "Humfff"
 Rob Smith
Silver rools OK

Post #22288627th May 2021 8:00 pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 

When I've been asked about who I might vote for by one the followers, I say whichever party they represent. That way they think they're doing better than they are. Rolling with laughter
2012 RRS SDV6
2008 RRS TDV8

Post #22289428th May 2021 11:34 am
astonbuilder

England 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Cookies. The computer type not the biscuit.......

Look something up on internet and click a link and faced with 'cookie options'. Often looks like they are all defaulted to off, but that only one page (and cynically I'd say the front page so people just go 'OK' and continue) of many as they have 'tabs' for purposes, features, site vendors, user content, legitimate interest, etc.

Often the site vendors has 100's, if not 1000's of vendors wanting to downloaded your info'. Some have a 'one button' decline option but some of them 'hide' it at the bottom and you have to scroll all the way down. The worst ones would have you decline each one individually by toggling a button next to each one Shocked

I know I'm swimming against the tide but I won't use that option as a source and go back to the search and either look for one with no cookies, a simple yes/no accept option or a 'one click reject' option if multiple pages.

And some people say 'Covid passport' is infringing their privacy rights Rolling Eyes

Post #222935510th May 2021 1:57 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 110 of 286 <123 ... 109110111 ... 284285286>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >