Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > My Discovery 4

Discovery 4 Landmark edition stolen last night
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 5 <12345>
choppa60

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Twisted Evil Artichoke I'm driving around all day in the city of London , will keep an eye out , you never know , and by the way have never seen a fuji White d4, in London , only saw a sport once , rare as hens teeth .
 2008 ,hse, it does what it says .  
Post #80562210th Jun 2011 4:20 pm
Artichoke

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Landmark LE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Well guys, we are a week on since our Landmark was stolen and still no sign of it! 2.7 tons of Fuji White and 20" diamond polished wheels land rover and not a sausage! Police think it was crated up and shipped abroad. Nothing has shown up on the ANPR cameras or anything. Any how, currently going through the insurance process and hope to have a decision from them about settlements by the end of this week. They (Direct Line) have been excellent so far. The only problem we have is what to replace it with???? There are now no new Landmarks for sale apparently, and only a couple of 'used' private sales available, all at list price or thereabouts.With the new MY12 coming out orders are being taken for August/September delivery!!!! so we cant even get a new XS or HSE very quickly (or without taking a stock car) So what do we do????? We really loved the interior of our Landmark, the ebony leather with white stiching really looked the business, and the grand ivory inserts were stunning. Made it feel bespoke and 'special' Big Cry

Post #80665814th Jun 2011 11:39 am
adam

United Kingdom 

Sadly suspect it is in a container heading east or sat in a (very) remote place being observed to see if it has tracker fitted

Post #80666014th Jun 2011 11:59 am
devonchilliman

England 

Artichoke....

really feel for you... Big Cry

My Landmark is in the dealers at the moment having a cubby fridge installed & ive been loaned a D4 GS .The interior looks so plain and bland after the interior of the Landmark.I had the conversation with swmbo last week saying that if the same happened to us what would i replace it with!!!.now youve just confirmed my thoughts!
do you or the police think having a tracker installed would have had your car back where it belongs by now?
 Www.devonchilliman.co.uk  
Post #80666714th Jun 2011 12:37 pm
Artichoke

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Landmark LE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Devonchilliman, the police said that a tracker does help locate the car, as long as you can get it turned on quick enough. In a lot of cases, they are tracking cars to overseas in a very short space of time. Once abroad they are fairly powerless. Sadly it may have helped in my situation, and I would certainly recomend you look at getting one. I suppose the only issue then is, if god forbid your car is stolen, tracked and then found would you want it back after some low life has ragged it to wherever??! However, will I be getting one fitted if and when i get a new car? Yes. Unless I end up buying an old heap and as a runaround while we wait for a manufacturer to come up with something as special.

Post #80667314th Jun 2011 12:53 pm
KevG

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Bali BlueDiscovery 4

Tracker systems now have the ability to track the vehicle using GPS which is far better than just relying on the boys in blue to detect the signal. A friend of mine had his Audi recovered which was on the back of a lorry travelling down the M62. The company told the police exactly where it was and the speed they also new it was being transported because it detected the engine was switched off. At the time he had not paid the subscription but the company took payment over the phone and everything was switched on recovering the car within an hour.

Its like anything though do you pay for the service that you hope never has to be used? or do you take the chance that it wont happen?

Post #80667414th Jun 2011 1:01 pm
devonchilliman

England 

Artichoke ...
Tracker is on the cards now !,and with a good discount from TLO
We don't want the thieving scum having another !!

Keep your pecker up Thumbs Up
 Www.devonchilliman.co.uk  
Post #80674814th Jun 2011 6:39 pm
Hairy Dan

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Landmark LE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

http://www.lro.com/news.php?sid=936&page=1

Makes interesting reading, Kenyan government officials driving round in stolen cars Twisted Evil

Post #80675514th Jun 2011 7:04 pm
dantheman

England 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

If its any help when i was in lookers bishops stortford about 3 weeks ago they had a black landmark in the showroom for sale. Might be worth a call to see if its still around if you dont mind the black

Post #80677114th Jun 2011 7:46 pm
al cope

England 

guys

as has been said, if they want something badly enough, its going to go. My neighbours have been done twice in three months. After the first break-in (7:30 on a staurday evening when they'd popped out for a takeaway), they had their alarm upgraded and CCTV installed all round. All that did was give them some good pictures of the scroats the second time. Didnt deter them in any way.

Al
 Volvo XC90 B5 Plus Dark
Gone - MY18 D5 HSE - Corris on 22's with Black Pack
Now gone - MY16 D4 SE Tech, Loire Blue, Almond Leather, Privacy, plus some other goodies.
Old - MY12 D4 SDV6 XS Auto - Ipanema Sand with Almond Leather - Plus other niceties, and D4.com sticker
Older - D3 TDV6 XS Auto - Lugano Teal with Almond Leather, 20" Stormers, Shiny Tailpipes, DVD/TV - and obligatory D3 sticker
Ancient - D3 TDV6 S - Tonga with Ebony, 20" Stormers, satnav & DVD 

Post #80677314th Jun 2011 7:50 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
ruggedpeak

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Artichoke, sorry to hear the news. Hopefully karma will catch up with them soon.

Recently I was driving home in the dark and as I turned into my road I had a feeling something wasn't quite right with the car behind. Rather than turn into my drive I carried on and drove a tortorous route back to where I had come from, with last minute indicating etc. The car behind kept following me.

After some manoeurves he found himself in front of me! Suffice to say he then decided to make haste out of town.

I guess he was lonely, but as I'm not very sociable I thought I'd pass on his details to a very friendly bunch of local car enthusiasts who just love to meet strange men following other people home at night:

Tony

Club RLD Wheel Protector & Sump Guard
Club 4x4 Info activated 

Post #80679814th Jun 2011 8:38 pm
Lookers Park Royal

United Kingdom 

Artichoke wrote:
Devonchilliman, the police said that a tracker does help locate the car, as long as you can get it turned on quick enough. In a lot of cases, they are tracking cars to overseas in a very short space of time. Once abroad they are fairly powerless. Sadly it may have helped in my situation, and I would certainly recomend you look at getting one. I suppose the only issue then is, if god forbid your car is stolen, tracked and then found would you want it back after some low life has ragged it to wherever??! However, will I be getting one fitted if and when i get a new car? Yes. Unless I end up buying an old heap and as a runaround while we wait for a manufacturer to come up with something as special.

Sorry to hear your news. I came face to face with two intruders breaking in to my house back in 2005 when the Range Rover Sport had just been launched. It is a horrible feeling to know that someone has been in your house, and I must admit that I still wake to the quietest noise downstairs over six years on.

You may be pleased to hear that the Landmark is back and each dealer should be allocated between 1-3 units next month. It may be a good idea to speak to your dealer and ask them to let you know as soon as they are told which colour/s they will be getting. Hopefully your insurance company would see this as an easy and amicable route to take and leave you in a hire car for a few weeks? I hope you manage to get it sorted.

James Thumbs Up

Post #81648812th Jul 2011 8:03 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
devonchilliman

England 

James...

How many extra units in total then ?
 Www.devonchilliman.co.uk  
Post #81649012th Jul 2011 8:08 pm
Lookers Park Royal

United Kingdom 

I'm not entirely sure, but from memory I think it is a similar number to that of the first run. I'm out of the office tomorrow but will ask one of the team (Jeremy) to check and report back.

James Thumbs Up

Post #81649812th Jul 2011 8:34 pm
ronp

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

Lookers Park Royal wrote:
You may be pleased to hear that the Landmark is back and each dealer should be allocated between 1-3 units next month.

Well I'm not !!! Evil or Very Mad
Surely it's not legal that something should be advertised and sold as a limited number [and indeed quoting these numbers] only for the manufacturer to then flood that market with double that quantity.
It certainly wouldn't stand in the art world [for example], would it!!
At the very least it's immoral of LR to do this!

Wonder what'll happen if I go to my dealer tomorrow and pose this to them and ask for my money back on the pretence that I've been mis-sold???

At least it's good news for Artichoke and well deserved for him! Thumbs Up
 I was a normal heterosexual chap, but in these new woke awakenings I now identify as a Wardrobe.  
Post #81650112th Jul 2011 8:39 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 3 of 5 <12345>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >