DISCO4.COM > Technical (D3)

Rovacom to support the D3
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 6 of 8 <12345678>
10forcash

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Polynesian method of counting.... 1, 2, lots Wink

Post #17207328th Jun 2007 11:35 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
wiggs

United Kingdom 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4
Re: Better News

BBS SPY wrote:

While I am at it, if anyone can help me to help you.

We are looking to find any Disco 3 that is being broken for parts. in fact a Sport or 06 on RR. Something Badly rolled accident damaged, etc.

We are looking to buy a full set of wiring loom, fuse boxes and ECU's for developing our software further and add those extra useful features even dealers cant do. We could buy new, but as well as the expense, matching all the bits is a problem and we are actually better of with a used set which is ready programmed. We really dont care about, age, condition, completeness model or history. In fact even odd ECU's that are faulty but not dead have quite some use for us as test bench subjects. makes me sound like the nutty professor with a LAB RAT.

If anyone comes across anything or helps us locate something we can use, we are always happy to show our appreciation.

Regards
Colin Whittall.
Blackbox Solutions Ltd

Try here http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Landrver-Discovery-3...dZViewItem breaking a D3 !!!
 G4 Gone ...but not forgotten  
Post #17224129th Jun 2007 1:37 pm
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor 

Cyprus 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

WoW Wiggs Bow down
Thanks that might be just the job, hope he's reasonable.
dont know how i did not see that, i am buying some other stuff there most every day.

10forcash
See where you are coming from on the review, thats very good of you to think like that.

regards

Post #17228529th Jun 2007 3:34 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
10forcash

Seems most of BBS SPY's claims are 'smoke & mirrors'
Quote:
Blackbox Solutions Ltd Forums _ Software Module Licence Activation _ Faultmate Mv & Sm129 (discovery3)
Posted by: 10forcash Aug 3 2007, 03:39 PM
Having purchased the above and following a shaky start, I find that several modules are returning error 'VSE011' these include
ABS/ETC
Body Control
Driver aid / PDC
Cruise control
Instrumentation
Steering / Suspension
Safety restraints

This is seen when attempting to read settings or fault codes, occasionally the system returns a VS003 error, requesting a reboot of the interface.

Additionally, in an attempt to resolve these issues I attempted to use the ‘update all installed modules’ function, this returned the runtime error ‘6’ – overflow.
As I understand it all the software modules are part & parcel of the SM129 'package' - so why is there a discrepancy on the modules being active?
Once I gained access to the TUP codes, both suffixes were listed but when I went to enter them in vehicle explorer only '0001' was able to be entered is this normal / correct? if so, what is the '0000' code for?

Any help in resolving the above so I can put my £2k investment to work gratefully appreciated!

Cheers,

Iain

Posted by: Gabriela Aug 6 2007, 06:48 AM
Hi Iain,

All modules for Disco 3 are under one SM number, 129. Once this activated you should have access to any module fitted on a Disco 3. Code 0 was issued to setup the server.
I've transfered the modules on your Server, but as it shows, there is a problem and the modules are not seen as there.

I will check this and come back with an explanation (and hopefully a fix) as soon as possible.

About runtime error 6, I have to see what is overflowing. For sure not the memory! I must admit, I didn't test that feature on an MV server.

Posted by: 10forcash Aug 6 2007, 09:49 PM
thanks Gabriela - I think!
So do I have a problem, or you, or both of us?
Will I have access to the full system before Thursday this week?
If not, I presume Colin will reimburse me for the time & fuel costs for a second visit to my client on that day....

Posted by: 10forcash Yesterday, 09:59 PM
Any update?
I need a working system...

Posted by: Colin Today, 01:07 PM
Hello Iain

Gabriela along with the other staff here, will undoubtedly and without question use their best endevours to correct any bugs in our software as reported in this forum.
They have sucessfully done so for several years and many here have good reason to thank them for their expertese attention and efforts.

However, implimentation and deployment of fixes and modifications may well not be as instant as you appear to expect. It may be subject to our current workload or other priorities and will almost certainly not be dictated by any particular customers activities and time scales.

In respect of the very fact that there may be bugs in our software, or that it might not work as expected or regarding reimbursement for expenses or losses incurred using our system you will find this subject covered extensively in the systems licence to which you agreed during installation of the software.

perhaps it would be prudent to quote the relevant sections here.

Disclaimer of Liability
You expressly acknowledge and agree that use of the hardware and/or software is at your sole risk. Blackbox Solutions does not warrant that the functions contained in the hardware/software will meet your requirements or any requirements, advertised or otherwise, or that the hardware/software will be error free, or that such defects will be corrected. Blackbox Solutions does not warrant or make any representations regarding the use or the results of the use of the hardware/software or related documentation in terms of their correctness, spelling accuracy, reliability, or precision.

Limitation of Liability
IN NO EVENT WILL BLACKBOX SOLUTIONS BE LIABLE FOR ANY COMPUTER DAMAGE, VEHICLE DAMAGE, CONTROL UNIT DAMAGE, PERSONAL INJURY, DEATH, FINES, LAW SUITS, PROSECUTION, LOST PROFITS, LOST DATA, INCORRECT DATA, ENVIRONMENTAL DAMAGE, GOVERNMENT, LAW AND REGULATORY VIOLATIONS OR ANY OTHER INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES THAT RESULT FROM USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE SOFTWARE AND OR HARDWARE.
Some jurisdictions do not allow the limitation of incidental or consequential damages; in all cases Blackbox Solutions Ltd's total liability to you for all damages will not exceed £1.00 Sterling.

Agreement
You acknowledge that you have read this agreement, understand it, and agree to be bound by its terms and conditions. Neither party shall be bound by any statement or representation not contained in this agreement. No change in this agreement is effective unless written and signed by authorized representatives of each party. By connecting and or operating any part of the hardware/software you agree to accept the terms of this agreement.

Iain, this is a budget system designed primarily for private enthusist use. Which is why i suspect you did not tell me that you were a high usage buisiness user when you first wrote to ask about buying a ROVACOM LITE. Despite your recent comments of expectation, dissapointment and complaint, including the mosts recent e-mail to which you have not replieed, you have, as i have told you before, at no time or in any way been misled or misinformed about what the system is, how new our disco 3 modules are, and what degree of depth they currently have. The system has more than enough coverage and capability for private users and unlike busy trade users, they have no desperate need to have some teething bugs ironed out like yesterday.

Following your comment
I need a working system...

Under the circumstances, and of the understanding that you are unwilling to work WITH us in respect of problem solving, I am thinking that it may well have been a mistake for you to purchase a Faultmate system for your business at this time, and you would in fact have been much better off to have spent the extra three thousand five hundred odd pounds and purchased a genuine Land Rover IDS system.

In this case therefore, and as an ultimate gesture of goodwill, I hereby offer you a full and unconditional refund, which will also include shipping costs.

Please let me know before the end of this week. Friday 10th August 2007, if you wish to accept my offer or reject it.
If accepted, I will immediately arrange the RMA paperwork for return.

regards

Posted by: 10forcash Today, 02:40 PM
That's a bit of a disingenuous reply there Colin, you are fully aware of my requirements from the numerous emails we exchanged prior to my purchase and also the thread here http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/topic10942-45.html
you stated that the Faultmate MV system is the 'next gen' Rovacom PRO (paraphrased obviously)
My problem is that I was sold hardware and software which I was lead to believe would at least 'work', having received the same I find that the software (or the hardware's communication with the GUI) works sporadically - not the impression you gave nor the expectation I had.
If it was purely a case of missing functionality or the odd 'glitch' I would not have an issue. I do however feel that listing modules as being available and then claiming that 'bug fixes' will happen 'as & when' we get round to it followed by the all-encompassing disclaimer of liability is hardly good business.

As you last email contained a firm rebuttal of any contact with regard to contact with support issues and pointed firmly at this method I saw no need to reply.
I would like to get this system up and working and hope that your claims for it's ability come to fruition.
Thanks for your offer of reimbursement, I will consider it although if i do take you up on it - don't worry about carriage costs, I'll deliver it personally...
If you have problems recalling any of the claims you made for Faultmate MV i'll happily reproduce the emails here or on disco3.co.uk to jog your memory!
Anyone fancy a 'Group Jolly' to Cyprus? Laughing Laughing

BTW - think there's £10k missing off the price of an IDS system Rolling Eyes

Post #1871318th Aug 2007 3:49 pm
Pelyma

England 

Not a very good advert, most enthusiast are likely to be on here and who is going to buy a product that doesn't seem to be ready??

Out of interest, what does autologic cost?
 DS3 TDV6 HSE - Silver with Alpaca (old one) Gone
DS3 TDV6 HSE- Silver with Alpaca (new one) Gone
D4 HSE Lux - Montalcino Red Gone
Porsche Cayenne V8 Diesel S 

Post #1871408th Aug 2007 4:14 pm
10forcash

i'm looking into that - might not have any of the 'promised' functionality but at least you know what you're getting!
Interesting marketing concept from Blackbox though.... make loads of promises of functionality then once you've bought it, quote the 'Liability' paragraph and say you'll maybe get round to it one day.... Rolling Eyes

Suppose it's my own fault for buying it without 'proof' of concept Neutral

Post #1871488th Aug 2007 4:27 pm
Ken

When we going on a Jolly then ?

Post #1871528th Aug 2007 4:35 pm
christyler

Ireland 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Can i come Whistle Whistle
 CLUB "Ah Shor it'll be grand"

First D3 in the World with a Hydraulic Winch.
2006 Disco 3 TDV6 S Auto,
Diff Locks, Turbochipped, Raised Air Intake, 220volts Onboard, Onboard Compressor, Large Bore Exahust, Underbody Protection, One or two Other Mods as well.
Other toys include, Argo Avenger 8x8, Tatra 6x6 Motorhome (Being Built) 

Post #1871678th Aug 2007 5:28 pm
10forcash

could be very soon... Wink
I really want the kit to work, but I don't have the time to wait that Colin assumes 'enthusiasts' do.... Rolling Eyes

Post #1871708th Aug 2007 5:39 pm
10forcash

Course ya can Chris!
might even be able to persuade Colin to buy us a beer or two Laughing Laughing

Post #1871718th Aug 2007 5:40 pm
Gurvan

Location: Germany... Not far from both the US and Hard German rock...

France 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Chawton WhiteDiscovery 3

Ok, it seems clear now that the system might be no better than the one I have now. At least, it does not seem to fullfill the expectations of the potentital customer.

Too bad... Crying or Very sad
 Georgia On My Mind...  
Post #1871928th Aug 2007 6:48 pm
10forcash

Gurvan, if your system works - stick with it! Thumbs Up

Post #1871978th Aug 2007 6:55 pm
10forcash

looks Like Colin has been working late!
Quote:
Posted by: Colin Today, 04:21 PM
As I have stated Iain, I do not believe that i misled you or attempted to deceive you, enticed you or otherwise solicited you and your business under false pretences.
Therefore you can post whatever you like wherever you like.

If you feel otherwise, I can but apologise. I had absolutely no idea that you were so demanding or had such high expectations. Had I have known better, I would naturally have advised you differently.

That being said however, I have no intention to enter into continual, endless and unproductive arguments with you or continue to entertain your continual compliant or criticism or concern myself about your quite obvious thinly veiled threats.

You have made your feelings and beliefs quite clear and regardless of who is right or wrong or who is to blame, on the basis of your comments alone, I firmly and honestly believe that refunding you your money is the only option that will ever satisfy you. Because there is no way that we can or will ever be able to satisfy anyone with such high expectations or demands. This is especially so in the area of technical support.
As stated, we will fix the bugs as soon as possible, it is our day to day business, however we can not and will not do this according to your timely demands and with you making threats.

In this respect, any half sensible person can see that realistically, our product and support level has proved incompatible with your requirements, expectations and demands.

I have therefore in all sincerity, and for the very best of logical reasons, offered you a full and unconditional refund along with my apology and best wishes, I strongly suggest that you accept it.

regards

Posted by: 10forcash Today, 08:14 PM
Colin,
'Bugs' I can live with, failure to provide functionality 'as advertised' I cannot, I firmly believe that you have misrepresented and mis-sold the Faultmate & SM129 combination. I'm not going to bother quoting your own words but I can if you want....

As far as I can see, I have made no threats - please let me know what you consider 'threatening' !
I do not feel that my 'demand' for a functional system in line with the advertised capabilities is unreasonable, quite the reverse given the level of investment!
I have decided to take you up on your 'offer' of reimbursement as the product is clearly 'not fit for intended purpose'. it's just a shame that potential users will not be aware of this until they purchase and register for support. Still, lessons learnt on both sides eh? no hard feelings!

Cheers,

Iain

p.s. don't forget the RMA number!
Cheapest flights appear to be £39 - anyone up for a beer or two in Limassol? Wink  
Post #1872278th Aug 2007 9:18 pm
DiscoStu

England 

colin wrote:
I had absolutely no idea that you were so demanding or had such high expectations.

Yeh - fancy expecting it to work Laughing Rolling Eyes Sad

10forcash wrote:
Cheapest flights appear to be £39 - anyone up for a beer or two in Limassol? Wink

With the drinking money money you'll have available after getting the refund, you can count me in Razz
 Disco 5 HSE Lux
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=peyiqaJrmMU 

Post #1872298th Aug 2007 9:23 pm
Ken

Sounds like a plan

Post #1872308th Aug 2007 9:24 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 6 of 8 <12345678>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >