Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Technical (D3)

Rovacom to support the D3
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 4 of 8 <12345678>
catweasel

nice calendar pic avatar Andrew Wink if its not already been submitted.

BBS SPY what is the difference from the mv to the sv apart fron single vehicle use that warrants an extra 1200 pounds

Last edited by catweasel on 19th Jun 2007 1:10 pm. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #16819719th Jun 2007 1:07 pm
AndrewS
Tarquin of the Desert 

United Kingdom 

catweasel wrote:
nice calendar pic avatar Andrew Wink if its not already been submitted.
Not Yet but will be soon Thumbs Up In the Beginning there was nothing, which exploded.  
Post #16819819th Jun 2007 1:09 pm
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor 

Cyprus 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

Thats a bit of a negative statement Slimer.
It is also incorrect.
For just a nominal admin fee we will happily give you a code you can use to release it from one vehicle so you can use it on another. Thumbs Up

Just for the record in general
We are trying like hell to help you guys out here and give you some other options to the dealer tools / prices as best as we are able to. We are not the enemy. We worked our nuts off for years to put this package together and If someone does not trust us or thinks that 821 pounds is too much for a system that includes amongst the leads / interfaces a mini super computer and software that sucessfully negotiates the anti access security on all 25 (option depandant) systems on both CAN networks and the fibre optic bus infotainment systems, then frankly we dont make enough from the system to care. Big Cry

Like i said, i am not here to promote this product or sing its praises from the rafters, neither am i here to defend it, its price or our company against criticism. I am here out of courtesy to tell you about it and answer any questions.

Stapldm
We have not got to the absolute nitty gritty in every system yet.
We have done code reading in every system, believe me thats no small thing,
For every code we get, we first reference the stored code for the text meaning in our database of sixty five thousand possibilities, all ford specific. (Took over a year to get them and we update it regularly) Then we pull a byte for each code to bits to tell if this code is mil lamp on , current, intermitant, present now, historic etc, then we take another byte and use it as a look up for nearly 100 associated cause elements, eg open or closed circuit, value to high or low, value implausible etc. then we get into pulling what is called snap shot records for each code and there can be dozens stored at different times during the progress of the fault. for each of these we give various data values as well as odometer readings and the exact millisecond it happend which we work out right into years.

We have also done basic settings info in each ECU and lots of other little specialities all over the place where they are stored. So although we have already done enough to happily say that it is a good all round tool just now, it is more important that we do have full all areas access to the memory and configuration data inside every vehicle system. Obviously sorting each one out fully for every single feature will take a while and we have not been able to do that as yet, is however very much our intent to continue to add ever more and more features (we have a free software version upgrade program) and we are very determined to concentrate very specifically on features that a dealer cannot or will not do, but are in demand.
Already we are very actively asking and taking notes and organising priorities on know programmable features of desire and looking to provide features for them. Your request is therefore of more value to us than you might appreciate and has therefore already been added.

Post #16826619th Jun 2007 3:05 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor 

The MV, like the SV uses the very same individually licenced software modules we have been selling for our PRO and LITE systems for a long time Catweasel. there is absolutely no functional difference. indeed the installer on our CD detects and installs different logos only depending what server you connect.

As you may realise the LITE was intended to be for private individual / enthusiat use, and the PRO for trade use

however quite a number of the independant repair trade were buying LITES. This practice made it hard for us to just simply reduce the price. It is not like our LITE / PRO system is not vastly cheaper and more capable than anything else there is anyway.

We believe that someone earning money out of using your product every day should contribute more to its creation than someone who only uses it a little just to sort their own vehicle out

The MV and SV now represent products which are by design usable only in thir origional respective roles.

So we do not try to warrant charging an additional 1200 pounds for an MV over an SV, we warrant giving a massive discount to private owners and enthusists only.

Granted this might not help for those with more than one vehicles, but then with a gift of a 1200 discount they could easily afford another 800 pound system and still be on a winner from what you had to choose from last week.

Last edited by BBS SPY on 19th Jun 2007 3:24 pm. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #16826819th Jun 2007 3:15 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Slimer
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

BBS SPY wrote:
Thats a bit of a negative statement Slimer.
I disagree
It was in response to you saying
BBS SPY wrote:
Hiya Gurvan
Yep, you got it spot on, the 800 pound SV system is a professional manufacturer dedicated system for your vehicle and yours alone. not the friends, nor the neighbours, nor the next one off the production line.
BBS SPY wrote:
It is also incorrect.
It was correct at the time as you hadn't previously mentioned
BBS SPY wrote:
For just a nominal admin fee we will happily give you a code you can use to release it from one vehicle so you can use it on another. Thumbs Up
Had you mentioned that before I wouldn't have assumed the unit was no use to the owner once the vehicle had been sold

BBS SPY wrote:
We are trying like hell to help you guys out here and give you some other options to the dealer tools / prices as best as we are able to. We are not the enemy.
Good to hear it

BBS SPY wrote:
We worked our nuts off for years to put this package together and If someone does not trust us or thinks that 821 pounds is too much for a system that includes amongst the leads / interfaces a mini super computer and software that sucessfully negotiates the anti access security on all 25 (option depandant) systems on both CAN networks and the fibre optic bus infotainment systems, then frankly we dont make enough from the system to care. Big Cry
Don't take probing questions as an attempt to put you or your hard work down, I'm (like many others on here) very interested in it and a potential customer but not willing to spend my hard earned dosh without being sure what I'm buying will do what I want for as long as I want The End  
Post #16827019th Jun 2007 3:21 pm
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor 

No worries slimer
my apologies for appearing to bite back

bearing my comments, i am sure you may now appreciate why

I applaud enquisitiveness, its what got me into all this in the first place Rolling with laughter

Post #16827619th Jun 2007 3:36 pm
catweasel

BBS SPY wrote:
We believe that someone earning money out of using your product every day should contribute more to its creation than someone who only uses it a little just to sort their own vehicle out
agreed, now as per a previous post, I have never used one of your products so how easy would it be for me to navigate through. I work with PLC's at work so am not totally inept. also would users be able to activate the spots or trailer wiring and the satnav on the move thing.
I agree you are not the enemy but it is a lot of money to some of us and will take a lot of convincing SWMBO that it is worth while (insert Slimers last paragraph here)

Post #16828019th Jun 2007 3:45 pm
wiggs

United Kingdom 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Sat nav on the move byte number here ..if it helps you to locate it.

Click image to enlarge

Dont know if thats the byte number your after ...but worth a try Thumbs Up
 G4 Gone ...but not forgotten  
Post #16831419th Jun 2007 4:27 pm
stapldm

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

BBS SPY wrote:
...has therefore already been added.

Thumbs Up Cheers!
 Dr. Ian Malcolm:
"Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should."
Transgenic tomato anyone? 

Post #16832419th Jun 2007 4:48 pm
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor 

Absolutely agreed on that Guys. I am married too and even i have to ask before i buy a new laptop. Bow down

Not only did i have to be sure it was the best deal and was worth the price, but i had to find some way it would benefit her. I went for the we will be able to watch DVD movies on the patio now Thumbs Up

Anyway the answer to your question is an easy one Catweasel.
Its as easy as navigating this forum. On the products page of our website
you will find a product listed called Vehicle Explorer.
click there and you will get a PDF telling you all about it and what it does

It is the navigation software we provide for you to use.
Its called Vehicle Explorer because it is styled the same as Internet Explorer.
So you are in fact already familiar with how it works without ever having used it.

If you want to have a good look and a play with it. click on our downloads link and download our demo software

That even gives you the actual pages you will see filled with dummy values.

Post #16832919th Jun 2007 4:51 pm
catweasel

BBS SPY wrote:

If you want to have a good look and a play with it. click on our downloads link and download our demo software
tried several times but install get 3/4 complete then asks for disk two to be inserted and stalls and I have to use task manager to shut it down  
Post #16834319th Jun 2007 5:27 pm
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor 

Thats strange
Their isn't a disk 2

Its been there a while and we have not had anyone report a problem so far.

I just downloaded it and installed it on my home PC without any problem

I wonder if it got corrupted during the download.

It took a minute or so as it is 11 MB, during which it had a .part file extension, this became the .exe automatically when the download was finished

And yep Wiggs, that will be one of the config bytes in the ECU's EEPROM.

Post #16840719th Jun 2007 8:19 pm
Pelyma

England 

So if you have a car remapped can the map be stored on the system and removed when going into the dealers, then re added?
 DS3 TDV6 HSE - Silver with Alpaca (old one) Gone
DS3 TDV6 HSE- Silver with Alpaca (new one) Gone
D4 HSE Lux - Montalcino Red Gone
Porsche Cayenne V8 Diesel S 

Post #16855320th Jun 2007 8:25 am
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor 

When you say re mapped Pelyma
I am assuming you mean engine management reprogramming with a custom data set that enhances power
I dont like to assume typically, but there are so many names for that now i had to say as much

We have not done re programming of entire Flash contents for the Disco 3 TDV6 EMS as yet.
Although we have done quite a few others so it is not particularly difficult for us and is very high on our agenda.
It would help immensley however to have an ECU to play with, even a duff one by running a vehicle standard and possibly a loom. but i mentioned that already.

Taking our TD5 as an example, after about a year from release and when the first Flash ECU's were introduced we added a capability to both read and write the fuel map data and the operating system. we also provided seperate access to all of the programming records that are stored by TestBook in the ECU which it uses to decide what the version of software the ECU contains.

In this way it was possible to have a custom performance enhancing map installed but leave a last programmed record that makes the TestBook / T4 think that you already had the latest origional map on it so it did not try to upgrade it and overwrite your map. However with our systems ability to upload, download, save, re use or whatever, that would not be a problem anyway.

We also provided a library of all issued OEM data files and database to cross reference it all.

Post #16862820th Jun 2007 12:46 pm
Pelyma

England 

That is what I meant, a bit like the Super Chips Bluefin (?) system. Maybe worth talking to some of the companies on here.
 DS3 TDV6 HSE - Silver with Alpaca (old one) Gone
DS3 TDV6 HSE- Silver with Alpaca (new one) Gone
D4 HSE Lux - Montalcino Red Gone
Porsche Cayenne V8 Diesel S 

Post #16875220th Jun 2007 5:07 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 4 of 8 <12345678>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >