Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Technical (D3)

Rovacom to support the D3
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 8 12345678>
bkehoe

Ireland 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3
Rovacom to support the D3

It's been announced that Blackbox Solutions will soon be releasing a new version of Rovacom lite that will offer support for every system in the D3, other than the TPMS. Existing hardware is fully compatible but a new OBD II lead will be required for the CAN bus.

This news probably isn't of too much interest to most D3 owners, but in time once warrantys have expired, etc, it could come in handy.

I've got a RCL box sitting on a shelf here for the last year unused so I'm very interested in seeing the prices for the modules for the D3. Smile

They've also added support for everything in the Freelander 2 and the 2007 Defender.
 IE - 05 D3 TDV6 HSE - Zambezi Silver
SA - 07 VW Golf TDI - White - Sold! 

Post #15015519th Apr 2007 11:57 pm
Slimer
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

Taken them a while but good to hear they've finally got round to supporting the D3 Thumbs Up
 The End  
Post #15016020th Apr 2007 12:00 am
10forcash

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Yer, i'll be getting one for sure 8)

Post #15037820th Apr 2007 5:45 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Gurvan

Location: Germany... Not far from both the US and Hard German rock...

France 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Chawton WhiteDiscovery 3

Does anyone have a link to that announcement ? I could not find anything on the Rovacom Lite website...
 Georgia On My Mind...  
Post #15037920th Apr 2007 5:49 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
bkehoe

It is in their support forums. I think only Rovacom owners can access it. If you do, then from the rovacomlite.com website, click support, log in, and then you should see a Forums link at the left.

As far as I understand, it won't be announced on their website untill the new version is released.

I have contacted them about pricing for the new modules, but they don't have that information available yet.

Here's the post;
Quote:
Hello All

On behalf of myself and my development team here at Blackbox, I am truly glad to announce to everyone that the waiting is finally coming to an end.
By the 1st of May we fully expect to be releasing version 1.18 which besides the usual host of fixes and improvements will add no less than 81 brand new software modules to the 78 we have already written so far

4 of the modules are traditional type ones and are for optional extras fitted in the L322's from production.
The TV, Sat Nav, rain sensor & Large LCD display unit in the L322, 2002 to 2006

The rest are all for the newer CAN based ECU's which means;
All of the newly introduced systems in the 2004, 2005, 2006 and 2007 Range Rover L322
All systems in the Discovery Series III from Introduction to present Day
All systems Range Rover Sport From Introduction to present Day
All systems in the Freelander II
All newly introduced systems in the New 2007 Defender (yes that is no typo)

This means that with only 2 exceptions, we now have coverage for every single ECU used by Land Rover, such as the V8 Diesel and V6 Petrol EMS's with only 2 exceptions, these being the SAWDOC Immobiliser on post 2003 Freelanders and the Tyre pressure sensor.

It should be noted that access to any new CAN based system will require you to have a new OBDII lead from us.

I should like to point out, that in line with many suggestions presented by our more desperate Trade clients, we have sacrificed our renowned absolute thoroughness in these modules in order to expedite speed of availability.

All Modules do however properly and fully support the very sophisticated and extensive Fault code functionality of these newer systems.

This means they support Tested / Untested code storage of 3 Byte Diagnostic Trouble Codes, a Fault cause categorisation look up byte, a Status Byte (pending, current, historical etc.) and even all 4 record type variants of Snapshot data storage are catered for.

Anyone interested in purchasing these modules and the Lead or wanting further information supplied directly should contact Info@Blackbox-solutions.com as soon as possible

Many Thanks

Post #15039920th Apr 2007 6:28 pm
catweasel

so being a fare way away from my dealer, what benefit would this provide a numpty like myself. would it aide me to fix things and check components etc or would it be wasted on me.

Post #15040420th Apr 2007 6:32 pm
Gurvan

Thank you Bkehoe ! Thumbs Up
 Georgia On My Mind...  
Post #15040720th Apr 2007 6:33 pm
10forcash

CW, it would enable you to read the DTC's, post the info on here and give us all a good laugh allow us to assist you in getting things sorted Thumbs Up
Worst case, you'd be able to clear the faults so that you could drive it to the dealers Wink

Post #15041120th Apr 2007 6:35 pm
bkehoe

It'd help you diagnose things cw. Whether you could then fix them or not is another matter.

The good thing with Rovacom though is the cost. You need to buy the hardware, around £500 I think, maybe a bit more, and once you've got that you can pick and choose what software modules you want when you need them.
So, lets say tomorrow your D3 shows an air suspension fault. You go onto the RC website, purchase the air suspension module, and they instantly give you a code to enter into the unit, which will then activate that module. You can then do whatever diagnostics and settings that the module allows.
However, if you're out in the bush, with no communications and something goes wrong with a system that you don't have a module for, then you're in a bad way! Might be a good idea to get the modules for the most critical systems, e.g. engine, suspension, etc in situations like that.

Post #15041520th Apr 2007 6:38 pm
catweasel

D3's superb at the moment (cept for the poxy OE tyres Thud) just thinking of the future and potentialy being stranded in the middle of nowhere.

Post #15041620th Apr 2007 6:39 pm
10forcash

Engine, ABS, CJB & transmission - although I doub't they'd be able to split it up that much due to the interoperability of the D3...

Post #15042220th Apr 2007 6:46 pm
Gurvan

10forcash wrote:
Engine, ABS, CJB & transmission - although I doub't they'd be able to split it up that much due to the interoperability of the D3...

Price might just go up as a result of this... Ouch...

Anyway, I'll start saving right now ! Embarassed
 Georgia On My Mind...  
Post #15042520th Apr 2007 6:52 pm
catweasel

cheers guys, would just like to be less dealer dependant anyway time for bed.

Post #15042620th Apr 2007 6:54 pm
bkehoe

I'd say they'll have to price the modules in the same range as the current ones.

I'd be guessing the engine module will probably be the most expensive, maybe around £300?

Post #15042820th Apr 2007 6:56 pm
Jamo

Australia 

Can't wait!. I'll get it all as soon as it's available! Thumbs Up
 Have a nice day!
2010 Cayenne Diesel with PASM & Off Road Pkg
2005 HSE D3 (Sold) 

Post #15061521st Apr 2007 2:51 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 8 12345678>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >