Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > In Car Electronics (D4)

Tesla Style Android screen
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 30 of 30 <123 ... 282930
jalvacas

Spain 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Mariana BlackDiscovery 3
DONT BUY HERE!!!

Hello, I bought my screen on Aliexpress and the first thing is that the integrated microphone does not work well. The second thing is that after 3 months the screen broke down. They told me to send it to them and they would refund my money. I sent it, they have received it and they do not return my money. BEWARE OF THESE SCREENS, and BEWARE OF ALIEXPRESS.
DO NOT BUY FROM THIS SELLER!!! He told me that he was going to return my money in 15 days and he has stopped responding to my messages. €600 thrown away.
the seller is called Wisdomtrip NAVI Store

[/img]

Post #233806830th May 2023 6:52 am
NC500

Scotland 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Firenze RedDiscovery 4

REGARDING THE ANNOYING AUX AUTO SWITCHING.

I, like many others have to put up with the automatic input switching away from ‘aux’ and despite many hours and weeks trying to find a solution, I haven’t discovered one….

But, by pure chance I have discovered that when my Bluetooth microphone receiver is plugged into the aux, the android unit doesn’t cycle the input source. If I turn off the Bluetooth receiver and restart the vehicle, it cycles through again.

So, if the aux input is receiving a signal on start up of the android unit, it retains the ‘aux’ selection. As soon as the input signal ceases, it switches.

Therefore, if anyone far brighter than me can come up with a programming change to the android unit to send an output signal to aux at start up, it won’t cycle. I assume that a present, the android unit only sends a signal after it has completed start up but by that point, the unit has already decided to switch to an alternative input.

I hope that all makes sense?? Comments?? Solutions???

Post #233808830th May 2023 10:59 am
kajtzu

Finland 2005 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

Doesn’t AliExpress have warranty and dispute resolution built in?

At least they refund me when someone in China ships the wrong thing (they call it a gift but really I think they get penalized more for not shipping than shipping “by mistake” wrong)

Post #233813030th May 2023 6:35 pm
jalvacas

after 15 days there is no way to claim!!!
there is noway to contact with aliexpress
If you pay by paypal 3 months to claim
If your item break after 3 months..... you are f....

Post #233813230th May 2023 7:42 pm
MajDisco4

Saudi Arabia 2011 LR4 5.0 V8 HSE Auto Corris GreyLR4
Do you advise?

Hi @thisandy; did all the buttons work? Uses car speaker and 4x4 and all tech? Any issues or difficulties?

Post #235877113th Jan 2024 8:39 am
jalvacas

Hi!!!
Everything works fine except the microphone, so when you connect the phone via Bluetooth people don't hear you. Its not my unit, I have had 2 units and boths dont work the mic.
Another bad thing is that every time you start the car the source changes by itself and you have to change the menu to go to the car's original menu and look for the aux. It's a pain.
It sounds good through the car speakers and you still maintain the Land Rover screens and functions, 4x4 info...

Post #235878313th Jan 2024 10:03 am
TheWojtek

Poland 2006 LR3 4.4 V8 SE Auto Chawton WhiteLR3

Why wouldn't you use the factory microphone or just about any microphone on a wire long enough to be placed in the stock location with a minijack plug (I assume your screen takes a minijack as 99% of those do).
Also as far as I know these devices, there is a separate setup for source volume and it may include the microphone amplification slider.
 Wojtek
L319: dad's
L320: mine 

Post #235884213th Jan 2024 6:05 pm
avman

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux Auto Waitomo GreyDiscovery 4
Re: New to the Forum

Disco4Phil wrote:
Evening Guys,
I’ve just spend a good 90mins reading this thread and have had a great time but I think I’ve just filled me head with more questions.
The reason I’m posting and hopefully you guys will be able to help are:
1) I was going to purchase a system from Icebox auto in Liverpool. Has anyone had any experience with these guys?
2) The resolution from the Icebox unit is 1024x600, this seems quite a bit lower than discussed on here.
3) Other people in different threads talk about the units being glitchy and dropping car play after a while, has anyone experienced this
3) Has anyone had any later versions installed with android 11
4) I don’t really want to install myself as I don’t feel confident as I’ve never done anything like this before, is there anyone you could recommend around the Lancashire area

Thanks for the read guys and hope you’ll be able to help me out.
Phil

Hi Phil
i have just installed the icebox auto unit with keeps all the original settings
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/403558743273?ha...SwkeRijzlx

i am literally 2 days in from installing it on a dark evening as i had a trip to Manchester and back the next day. works great, its a massive upgrade on having google maps/waze on the full screen, even my wife said its better than her Mercedes 12 inch a class screen. (which i find hard to believe)

Further to this all the issues /niggles sorted after going throuygh the settings:
highly recommend the unit
i few niggles I've yet to sort out but have been in a whatsapp thread call with them and most helpful
you need aux set to make and take calls, as sometimes i will have the nav on but listen to the radio, BT needs turning off on your phone to stop it overlaying screen.
there's some slight hum but i have not grounded the audio yet.
again calls a bit of echo i have yet to sort out could be volume on the mic

its fairly easy to install with plenty of you tube videos showing how the dash comes apart

as I'm just testing and was in a rush its currently mounted down the side of the dash near my seat.

Cheers
Jon

Post #23614248th Feb 2024 6:07 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 30 of 30 <123 ... 282930
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >