Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Off Topic - Humour, Rants & Pointless Posts

Whats Got Your Goat Up today ?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 163 of 286 <123 ... 162163164 ... 284285286>
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 

My thoughts too. Why ask JL to price match if you can just get it elsewhere? Surely the price match thing is for those situations where you buy an item and then find the exact same thing elsewhere the next day. It's just a way of avoiding having people bring stuff back for a refund and thus avoids the restocking expenses etc.
 Visiting from rrsport.co.uk
2012 RRS SDV6
2008 RRS TDV8
"When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die! You don't know who's children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they were always going to have to do from the very beginning: SIT DOWN AND TALK!" 

Post #228766812th Apr 2022 3:31 pm
JordsDisco

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 3.0 SDV6 GS Manual Santorini BlackDiscovery 3

JL used to be the Gold standard in regard to customer care. Everything being equal, you’d buy from them in the knowledge you’d be better looked after.

That went out the window post pandemic tbh.

Post #228766912th Apr 2022 3:33 pm
Hardware

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Sumatra BlackDiscovery 4

Dondiddy wrote:
But if richer sounds are cheaper AND have a better guarantee why aren`t you buying from them? Confused

Might be something to do with 18 months interest free @ JL.

Plus, I'm £1 in credit with them from buying my last TV off them back in 2006... which is the one that died on Saturday and needs replacing Sad

Dean
====================================

2011 D4 XS - OBD port protection, RLD spare wheel protector, All LED interiors lights, Timed Climate enabled, iiD tool paired.
2011 D4 Landmark - Stolen from same dealer before I paid for it
2011 D4 GS - Stolen whilst at dealer Sad ... All LED interiors lights, DRLs, Spare Wheel protector.
1996 300Tdi - Eaten by tin worms 

Post #228768512th Apr 2022 4:58 pm
Dondiddy

United Kingdom 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux Auto Yulong WhiteDiscovery 4

The extra guarantee ( 6 years) that Richer sounds give if you sign up as a vip is a very good deal. I had bought an LG smart tv from them and last year I had an issue with it when the R/H corner of the screen had started to flicker. I dug out the guarantee to find that it only had a month left to go. It was during lockdown so phoned the helpline to arrange a repair. After quickly describing the problem I was told that unfortunately the tv was not repairable. I assumed that because I had had it so long I would get a pro rata amount towards a replacement. I was in fact offered a replacement tv to the full value that I originally paid or the full value as a voucher to another tv. I picked the latter and went bigger and now have another 6 year warranty on the new tv. Thumbs Up

Post #228769712th Apr 2022 6:34 pm
robsmith

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Twonks (other adjectives may apply) who race around private roads in and industrial estate and discover that forklifts are considerably more robust than their B*W 5 series. Result of impact forklift driver is angry about paint removed from his very new truck, plod turns up as B*W driver stank of alcohol, ambulance turns up as forklift driver thinks his neck hurts, fire brigade arrive and can-opener B*W as they are worried that its driver may have neck/back injuries. I hand dash cam footage to plod and they copy, handing a copy over to a guy who claims to be warehouse manager. I'm delayed about half an hour by all this entertainment. Plod who talked to me is in hysterics as B*W driver is claiming forklift backed into him, dash cam footage says "No you are a liar and a twonk".
 Rob Smith
Silver rools OK

Post #228796514th Apr 2022 6:52 pm
JordsDisco

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 3.0 SDV6 GS Manual Santorini BlackDiscovery 3

SWMBO inability to let our 21 year old boy visit with his 22 year old girlfriend without placing them in bedrooms at different ends of the house, when she knows at Uni ………. All I get from her is, “I don’t care, not under my roof.” Rolling Eyes

Suppose I don’t help with comments like, “try before you buy.” Laughing

Post #228801715th Apr 2022 7:35 am
Journeyman

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Campsite toilets!
More specifically, the people who manage to get Censored all over the toilet. Would they do that in the own toilet at home?
I feel sorry for the campsite staff who have to clean it up.
 Cheers,

Jez

Discovery 3 HSE Stornaway Grey
MY 2008 2.7 TDV6

Discovery 2 2003 - gone 

Post #228802815th Apr 2022 10:06 am
astonbuilder

England 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Our 'quiet easter break' disrupted by SWMBO inviting her daughter and partner to stop from today, OK fair enough other than demands on what I should cook, give me the car keys, take us here and here and pay for lunch, run us to the station/home, etc. Not satisfied with that she invites her son and his partner down as well. And if that wasn't enough her sister and B-in-L now on the overlap coming down Sunday and stopping to Monday.....

I'm gonna be busy cooking all weekend Laughing

Post #228803415th Apr 2022 11:21 am
NoDo$h

Ukraine 

JordsDisco wrote:
SWMBO inability to let our 21 year old boy visit with his 22 year old girlfriend without placing them in bedrooms at different ends of the house, when she knows at Uni ………. All I get from her is, “I don’t care, not under my roof.” Rolling Eyes

Never changed my car without at least one decent test drive. Whistle
 I know it's not considered "kind" to say no these days, but no. Just no, ok? And if it's not ok, still no.  
Post #228804115th Apr 2022 12:57 pm
Hardware

Dondiddy wrote:
The extra guarantee ( 6 years) that Richer sounds give if you sign up as a vip is a very good deal. I had bought an LG smart tv from them and last year I had an issue with it when the R/H corner of the screen had started to flicker. I dug out the guarantee to find that it only had a month left to go. It was during lockdown so phoned the helpline to arrange a repair. After quickly describing the problem I was told that unfortunately the tv was not repairable. I assumed that because I had had it so long I would get a pro rata amount towards a replacement. I was in fact offered a replacement tv to the full value that I originally paid or the full value as a voucher to another tv. I picked the latter and went bigger and now have another 6 year warranty on the new tv. Thumbs Up

Glad to hear that as I went with RS when JL wouldn't price match. I'm glad, however, I spoke to on Wednesday to reserve for collection was friendly and cheerful because the miserable Censored who actually served us was almost enough to dissuade me!

Dean

2011 D4 XS - OBD port protection, RLD spare wheel protector, All LED interiors lights, Timed Climate enabled, iiD tool paired.
2011 D4 GS - Stolen whilst at dealer Sad ... All LED interiors lights, DRLs, Spare Wheel protector.

Post #228804415th Apr 2022 1:12 pm
HWN

Wales 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 4

NoDo$h wrote:
JordsDisco wrote:

Never changed my car without at least one decent test drive. Whistle

Just to check bodywork and emissions, of course...

2015 Volvo V40
2014 D4 HSE
2006 RRS - C'est mort. Fin...  ...It's alive!  Oh no, it's not - scrapped.
2019 Suzuki Kingquad 400
2017 RamRod Taskmaster 1150
1977 John Deere 2130

Post #228814316th Apr 2022 9:28 am
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

Fish n Chip shops. It used to be normal on a Friday to walk down to the village chippy, queue for a couple of minutes, pick up fish chips n gravy. Nowadays it’s queuing for 1/2 an hour, whilst the shop is over-run with Deliveroo drivers waiting for orders!

Post #228814916th Apr 2022 9:48 am
stew 46

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Siberian SilverDiscovery 3

Deliveroo ?? We ain’t got nothing like that down ere , we got to get off our ass and go hunt for our tea in the sea or up on the moor Whistle
 -------------------------------------------------
if you cant hold on dont let go , it ill come in handy for something even if you never use it.
D3 SE 05,
110 s wagon 300 tdi SOLD
h top transit
crew cab transit
transit connect
ausa dumper, muck truck .
peljob 2.5 digger
06 L 200 crew cab 

Post #228815916th Apr 2022 11:03 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Hardware

You'll need it next week when the half-term influx have given you all another covid variant and you're isolating for 5 days. Whistle

Dean

Post #228816116th Apr 2022 11:20 am
stew 46

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Siberian SilverDiscovery 3

Next week I’m sat by the pool in lanzarote Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy 🍺🍺🍺🍸🍸🍸😎😎😎
 -------------------------------------------------
if you cant hold on dont let go , it ill come in handy for something even if you never use it.
D3 SE 05,
110 s wagon 300 tdi SOLD
h top transit
crew cab transit
transit connect
ausa dumper, muck truck .
peljob 2.5 digger
06 L 200 crew cab 

Post #228816616th Apr 2022 12:11 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Post Reply Back to top
Page 163 of 286 <123 ... 162163164 ... 284285286>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >