Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Dealership & Sponsor Feedback

New Disco from stratstone
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 5 <12345>
crews control

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux Auto Waitomo GreyDiscovery 4

Sadly, the moral of this story is a lesson I learned to my cost some time ago with another main dealer... always always always check every inch of any new car both inside and out for blemishes before signing the paperwork or leaving the garage, (and try to avoid picking up a new car if it's raining - which is what happened to me!). It annoys the hell out of everyone, you'll look a berk and a bit sad, but you'll never regret it. It's amazing how quickly they can fix these faults when you've refused to sign or pay!

It's very sad that so many dealers can't be trusted not to shaft their own customers with such a cheap trick as this.
Evil or Very Mad
 2005 D3 HSE
2011 D4 Landmark
2016 D4 HSE Lux
2017 Ford Tourneo VR46
Club Waitomo 

Post #3950901st Jan 2009 3:31 am
DiscoDunc

England 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Aintree GreenDiscovery 4

I would chase LR CS... every day. Also make Stratstones (dealer principal) aware of this forum and this thread..

its only when they realise you are not on your own and have support from a larger community that Stratstones "may" realise this is very bad for their business. Based on experiences from this forum.. I will NEVER buy anything or get my car serviced at Stratstones. There must be others that feel the same.

It worked for me when I had a problem with equipment a non LR dealer provided. in fact, they found out via the forum before i had chance to contact them Thumbs Up . All was sorted but they werent best pleased..

alternativly come on a couple of events and eventually you dont worry about the odd scratch...

dont let it get you down and enjoy the Permagrin Mr. Green
 Duncan
-----------------------------------------------------
If I'd known I was going to be so thirsty this morning I'd have drunk more beer last night.
FFRR Autobiography 4.4 SDV8 MY17
D4 HSE MY13 SOLD
FFRR 3.6 Vogue TDV8 SOLD
D4 HSE MY10 SOLD
D4 SE TECH MY15 SOLD
D4 XS MY12 SOLD
D4 HSE MY10 SOLD
D3 HSE MY06 - Re-Cycled Worldwide 

Post #3950981st Jan 2009 10:32 am
BLFarrar

Location: Deepest, Dankest, Darkest, Dingiest......Le Halifax, West Yorkshire...with strong links to Ireland

France 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Lugano TealDiscovery 3
....just

Reject the car....as quickly as you can
Don't go over the 14 day time limit for this protection
I would also point out to them that to accuse a customer of damaging his own property has triggered this response.

If its the Newcastle branch of Stratstone - some years ago they changed the head unit of my D2 SatNav...they tried to fob me off with a second hand unit stating this was the standard LandRover "Service exchange"...."I wouldn't get a new one" - Not acceptable.
When I told them I would phone Landrover customer service from their showroom service queue - with a whole load of other customers in full earshot they produced another head unit.

With some dealers they get away with what they will "try on"

In the "Andy the Landy" case why didn't they get one of the local vehicle touch up providers to sort it either before they sold it or when you pointed this out ?
 BREXIT - done properly.
Right now ...We need Government - not Politics
Save the Dipstick Flagbearer-keep it simple, less likely to fail campaign-agenda items:Starting Handles, Acetylene Lamps.
Founder: Dipsticks-R-Us Inc
D3 HSE-perfectly formed, passenger friendly...has real DIPSTICK
Jag XK-but sadly no DIPSTICK...HUGE design fault
FL2 has DIPSTICK..."real comfort in rear seats"
VW Golf wondermobile (?)..has real DIPSTICK
Morris Minor..original DIPSTICK technology..and a real KEY. 

Post #3951191st Jan 2009 11:57 am
The Coachman

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

As much as it's a chocker it would be very hard to prove liability of the damage once you have left the forcourt. I guess it's second hand? Which won't help matters. From my own experience with said dealer I found it best to keep calm, write a letter direct to the dealer principal, state the facts and what exactly you expect him to do about it and finally tell him how quickly you expect a reply and how best to contact you. I would suggest facing it or taking the letter in person. Avoid threats and abuse! LR customer services will only get involved once you have had a response from the dealer not before. They do read (and contribute) to this site so the dealer principal will probably be fully aware of your problems. I am amazed they did not simply accept the TD5 back in January, I guess they new exactly what they were doing giving you the FL2 for so long.

Post #3954472nd Jan 2009 9:59 am
crews control

I assumed from Andy-The-Landy's post that it was a new car? - If it's second hand then that's different...
Quote:
Took delivery of my new se from Stratstone in Durham yesterday
 2005 D3 HSE
2011 D4 Landmark
2016 D4 HSE Lux
2017 Ford Tourneo VR46
Club Waitomo 

Post #3954882nd Jan 2009 12:43 pm
DiscoDunc

England 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Aintree GreenDiscovery 4

I dont think you can reject the car, for a few minor scratches. You need to give the dealer a chance (or a few chances in this case Rolling Eyes ) to rectify the problem. As the coachman says, stay calm and present the facts. However, dont "leave the ball in their court" so to speak. I would hassle the dealer and LRCS daily.
 Duncan
-----------------------------------------------------
If I'd known I was going to be so thirsty this morning I'd have drunk more beer last night.
FFRR Autobiography 4.4 SDV8 MY17
D4 HSE MY13 SOLD
FFRR 3.6 Vogue TDV8 SOLD
D4 HSE MY10 SOLD
D4 SE TECH MY15 SOLD
D4 XS MY12 SOLD
D4 HSE MY10 SOLD
D3 HSE MY06 - Re-Cycled Worldwide 

Post #3955202nd Jan 2009 2:12 pm
The Coachman

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

crews control wrote:
I assumed from Andy-The-Landy's post that it was a new car? - If it's second hand then that's different...
Quote:
Took delivery of my new se from Stratstone in Durham yesterday

But at 16.5k I am guessing 2005 ish....

Post #3955212nd Jan 2009 2:18 pm
crews control

Embarassed sorry, I hadn't read that bit right, and worked it out!
(somewhat different from buying a brand new car and finding a hand painted scratch - which is what happened to me)
 2005 D3 HSE
2011 D4 Landmark
2016 D4 HSE Lux
2017 Ford Tourneo VR46
Club Waitomo 

Post #3957182nd Jan 2009 9:08 pm
goodfella

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

"set it out clearly in a letter give them 14 days to put it right then
a/ return vehicle and go buy one elsewhere
b/ county court summons! "

or, c) drive it through the showroom window and accept a caution for criminal damage, then pay the wheelarch yourself. Twisted Evil
 Badda bing.......How you doin'?

Java black SE, standard spec. Clean and shiny.

Club TFC - Off Road Essentials
Club Tesco Finest Warranty
Club G4 Stickers even though it's not a G4
Club Rhino Rack 

Post #3957272nd Jan 2009 9:19 pm
goodfella

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Sorry there is a significant flaw in my plan i.e. driving it through the window will cause more damage than the wheelarch. You see crime does not pay let that be a lesson. Rolling with laughter Just stick with LR CS.
 Badda bing.......How you doin'?

Java black SE, standard spec. Clean and shiny.

Club TFC - Off Road Essentials
Club Tesco Finest Warranty
Club G4 Stickers even though it's not a G4
Club Rhino Rack 

Post #3957412nd Jan 2009 9:33 pm
monkey hanger

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Ipanema SandDiscovery 4

Sorry to hear about all your problems with Stratstone.

After 8k worth of warranty work in a year and a 6 month wait for £500 owed to me only resolved by threatening legal action I can confirm that Stratstone Stockton are just as Censored .

The only dealership that may be worse in my experience is Stratstone woodford, closely followed by Stratstone Mayfair who have lost so many documents, parts and damaged my cars that It is beyond a joke.

I'll never buy anything from them again
 "its probably a virus, you'll be right as rain in a few days and if you're playing sport try to favour the other leg"  
Post #3958402nd Jan 2009 11:43 pm
NJF

There's quite a bit of talk about rejection but, new car or old, given that the damage is just a graze on the painted plastic wheel arch, which can be repainted or even replaced for perhaps less than GBP 1,000 (and I should hope a lot less even in rip-off Britain) the most sensible thing to do might be to keep the car if you otherwise think it of suitable quality and have a local independent body shop repair it. Then claim for your cost in the Small Claims Court. That way you'll (a) get the car fixed promptly, (b) reduce the issue to the question of specific damage and bring it within the SCC's powers to deal and (c) perhaps persuade the dealer principal that you're reasonable but determined to see the issue through.

The flaw in the plan is likely to be that the SCC will see it as a matter of your word against Stratstone's - which it is. I don't know how they judge cases like that. Maybe they'll split the issue down the middle.

Short-sighted of the DP, perhaps, given how much he's likely to earn from a customer on service over the life of the car, assuming the customer is local. Also short-sighted given the publicity he's getting on this site. It's very rare I ever see a positive comment about Stratstones, and it's a dealer network that I'll avoid without a second thought when I come back to the UK.

Just my ha'penneth worth. Hopefully helpful. Good luck.

Post #3959013rd Jan 2009 7:32 am
981578y0gujfnj3

United Kingdom 

Just been to the door of the previous keeper and it turns out that the damaged arch was there when they bought it from stratstone in July 08. And to add to that they had nothing but trouble with the car as the suspension is faulty along with other things.

Stratstone where unable to repair the car so they bought it back from the Chapmans and sold it to us. within 1 hour the fault lights where on the dash for the suspension.

So they have accused my children of damaging the car on their bikes on my drive as they said there was no damage to the arch when it went out.

And they have sold a customer with a problem car another customers problem car. What a great idea!

Stratstone Durham and Newcastle is a total shambles and a discrace to the land rover brand.

They should be struck off from the manufacturer!

Wait till monday and sparks will fly!

Post #3960863rd Jan 2009 7:17 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
NJF

Well, there are your grounds for rejection, if the previous keeper will back you up. Good luck. Thumbs Up

Post #3960883rd Jan 2009 7:19 pm
countrywide

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Graphite LE Auto Unknown ColourDiscovery 4

You have a 30 day 1,000 mile vehicle exchange policy from Land Rover Approved. I would forget all the hassle of court action/complaints, just give it back under this and then ask for a replacement.

Speak to Land Rover customer service to get the specifics of handing it back before you speak to the dealer.

Post #3960993rd Jan 2009 7:35 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 5 <12345>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >