Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Dealership & Sponsor Feedback

New Disco from stratstone
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 5 12345>
981578y0gujfnj3

United Kingdom 
New Disco from stratstone

Took delivery of my new se from Stratstone in Durham yesterday at 2 pm drove 5 mile home and parked on my drive. when i alighted from the vehicle and had a look around my new pride and joy i noticed a huge graze on the near side front wheel arch spat.

I notified the garage of this and they asked me to call down with the car. when i did they said that under no circumstances would they have let the car go out with damage like that so i must have done it.

upon closer inspection i noticed the paintwork was scratched and had been touched in with a brush. they accused me also of this.

my car never touched anything from leaving that garage to pulling on my drive.

They told me they could supply a new arch for 100 quid plus vat and plus fitting.

I think this is shocking for the price i paid for the car but the company customer service is appalling.

DONT GO TO STRATSTONE NEWCASTLE OR DURHAM! BANDITS SPRINGS TO MIND

Post #39457331st Dec 2008 1:18 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Bodsy
Site Sponsor 

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Ah you're learning the ways of Stratstone.......... Evil or Very Mad

I'd be persistant with them on it though and involve LR CS teams if required. Or just reject the car back to them & buy somewhere else. Thumbs Up
 Bodsys Brake Bible

D4/D3 Remote FBH heat kits
BAS Remaps/ EGR Blank
Transmission Flush
Software updates/enabling

Clock/ SNOTM /3Flash / 4x4Info /BT Update /Service Reset/Error Codes / Gearbox Reset
See It Here 

Post #39457831st Dec 2008 1:23 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Paul.

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Tell them if it's not sorted to your satisfaction you will reject the car
 Cheers Paul

Discovery 3 TDV6 SE

Post #39458231st Dec 2008 1:28 am
GLYNNE

England 

Why do they have to spoil what should be a fantastic time Rolling Eyes
Go give em what for Thumbs Up

Post #39458431st Dec 2008 1:35 am
981578y0gujfnj3

United Kingdom 

JUST TO ADD TO MY sTRATSTONE EXPERIENCE.

I bought a 2004 td5 in November 2007 from them. 1 owner with 40k for £12.500

had it 1 week and broke down and again and again and again. fault after fault.

split fuel tank, split fuel lines, faulty steering, suspension failure on the rear everything electrical.

i gave it back to them in january 2008 and refused to accept it. i went until march without a vehicle as they could not supply a courtesy vehicle. in march i got a brand new 08 td4 freelander courtesy vehicle with 70 mile on the clock to use for 2 weeks until they located me a new car.

I ran up 13000 miles on the car and only handed it back yesterday when i took it back to collect my new disco 3 se.

Yes it took them that long. in october been the first contact since march they offered me a td5 with 20k more miles and a 2003 model. as you guessed i refused it. i told them i did not want a td5 because of my troubles with it so i requested to get me a disco 3 se and i would pay a little extra.

I got the se but the offered me £5000 for my td5. what a cheek.

they told me this was its true value and could not offer any more money for it so i ended up £7500 out of pocket for a car i used for a max of 8 weeks.

They told me they would sell me the se at cost but it was £16500 the same price as anywhere else had them on the forecourt for. I was that fed up i just took there offer and left with a new car. only to find they have bashed the arch on it.

I would never ever advise anyone to buy a car from them the are a disgrace to the Land Rover brand.

Post #39458531st Dec 2008 1:35 am
Maverick

Scotland 

Some of the dealers out there are unbelievable! Rolling Eyes

I would contact LR customer services, as per other posts! Lets hope you get these Censored back in line! Thumbs Up
 Ben

1996 Defender 90 300 TDi 

Post #39458631st Dec 2008 1:39 am
GLYNNE

England 

Heads up and enjoy the new one Mr. Green

Post #39458731st Dec 2008 1:39 am
cornishboy

United Kingdom 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

You could claim that you want to return under sale of Goods Act!!!!

See how they like that!!!!
Confused

Post #39501231st Dec 2008 9:27 pm
90BHP

United Kingdom 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Rocar Moores - told me to get mine painted at a local dealer and put the phone down on me - check my gallery. Stick with it Thumbs Up

Maybe go over everything else with a fine tooth comb and have all your facts ready. Take pics and log everything with LR customer services . citizens advice. Early action is key . . .
 "To finish first, one first has to finish ...."  
Post #39501631st Dec 2008 9:33 pm
CG

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Bodsy wrote:
Ah you're learning the ways of Stratstone.......... Evil or Very Mad

I don't know how such a big group is allowed to get away with such poor service.

"I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you read is not what I meant" 

Post #39502331st Dec 2008 9:49 pm
10forcash

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Because they shift loads of new vehicles.....

Post #39502531st Dec 2008 9:55 pm
character

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Alaska WhiteDiscovery 3

Andy, whilst I can accept the dealerships point of view, I can also understand your fustration for finding things that in your opinion were not/should not be there.

I would imagine that this will roll and roll until someone gives in, may I suggest you get a reasonable quote from a reputable bodyshop ( I mean reasonable, not repainting the whole panel) and then say, "ok, this is what it going to cost, you give me half the cost and a loan car for 2 days whilst its being done and we'll call it quits"

Remember, Strastones are part of the pentragon group who like alot of dealerships are probably having some cashflow issues as we go in to the dawn of the abise Sad

Post #39502731st Dec 2008 10:09 pm
Russell

United Kingdom 

Contact the large one to see what he can supply one for with Disco3 discount.
 MY17 D5 1st Edition Namib Orange
MY15 D4 HSE Kaikoura Stone
MY12 D4 HSE Nara Bronze Sold and gone
MY11 D4 HSE Stornaway Grey Sold and gone
D3 S spec Silver Sold and gone
Tow bar, full length roof bars, side steps, tow bar storage unit, surround camers.
D4 camera club 

Post #39503831st Dec 2008 10:37 pm
981578y0gujfnj3

United Kingdom 

already offered to meet them half way on the cost of a wheel arch spat and i would fit it to save labour cost and they still chased me.

As for Land rover customer service i contacted them about my td5 and they informed me they would get the dealership to contact me within 1 hour or they would call back to advise me. never heard from any of them for 6 month.

We are looking at a dealership that had a man in the showroom on a sunday morning looking for a new defender county hard top ready to write a cheque out and he waited for 55 minutes without even been spoken too.

When he approached the salesman and asked to buy one he was told not today mate i am too busy you will have to come back in the week. he never even took any customer details.

They guy in concern went to Lloyd in carlise and got what he wanted with great service.

Stratstone Durham are pathetic!

Post #39504031st Dec 2008 10:49 pm
yaugher

United Kingdom 

set it out clearly in a letter give them 14 days to put it right then
a/ return vehicle and go buy one elsewhere
b/ county court summons!

oh yes and tell EVERYONE how rubbish they are!!!

Post #39504231st Dec 2008 10:53 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 5 12345>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >