Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Dealership & Sponsor Feedback

Hunters Kings Lynn, feedback
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
muppetlab

2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3
Hunters Kings Lynn, feedback

After 5 trips to my local dealer hunters of kings lynn i can report the following.
1/ Service staff are either not interested in me because i did not buy my car from them to start with or need a lesson in good customer service. A call to tell me my car is ready for collection would be nice. Dont fob me off with excuses like "oh its not ready it in pieces at the moment" only to be told 5 minutes later its ready for collection and has just been cleaned. I dont belive your staff are really that quick.

2/ Workshop staff who either dont have any idea what they are doing or dont care. Blindly replacing parts starting with the cheapest first is not what is required from a main dealer. If it wasn't warranty work my language would be much stronger!

3/ Read the TSB, its there for a reason

All in all i wont be going back now my warranty is expired, absolutely rubbish. My dad took his 05 plate ffrr in to have the sunroof drain pipe replaced, took two visits and about 8 hours, then they ran his battery flat and he had to borrow a car. Why request a customer brings a car in at 9.00am if you are not starting work on it till 2.00pm.

Anyway am now on the look out for a good independant garage capable of servicing the D3 in norfolk. Any ideas??
 Corrado Vr6
Disco 3 tdv6
Lr 90 3.9 v8 

Post #42304416th Feb 2009 5:29 pm
SJR

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Arctic FrostDiscovery 3

I guess the service staff find it difficult and are slowed down by having to use tools designed for only 5 fingers Whistle Wink Thumbs Up
 I believe that every human has a finite number of heart-beats. I don't intend to waste any of mine running around doing exercises.
Buzz Aldrin (1930 - 

Post #42304916th Feb 2009 5:32 pm
Tom W

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 GS Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Hunters,dont get me started! Evil or Very Mad Try TJC at weasenham,never had any problems with them,or better still,Overland Vehicle Services, at Methwold.They look after my brothers new 110 ,warranty and servicing etc.

Post #42311516th Feb 2009 7:18 pm
Marc534

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

Gents,

Thanks for the feedback - I was just about to book with them - won't b going near them now - GOOD CALL! Thumbs Up

If you manage to find any decent dealers in Linclonshire - would very much appreciate a PM to let me know the detail.

Cheers again Thumbs Up
 Marc Brennan

2005 TDV6 SE Buckingham Blue
2001 Jeep Wrangler 4.0l Sahara, Green 

Post #42319316th Feb 2009 8:58 pm
JoJo

France 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3
Re: Hunters Kings Lynn, feedback

muppetlab wrote:
After 5 trips to my local dealer hunters of kings lynn i can report the following.
1/ Service staff are either not interested in me because i did not buy my car from them to start with or need a lesson in good customer service. A call to tell me my car is ready for collection would be nice. Dont fob me off with excuses like "oh its not ready it in pieces at the moment" only to be told 5 minutes later its ready for collection and has just been cleaned. I dont belive your staff are really that quick.

2/ Workshop staff who either dont have any idea what they are doing or dont care. Blindly replacing parts starting with the cheapest first is not what is required from a main dealer. If it wasn't warranty work my language would be much stronger!

3/ Read the TSB, its there for a reason

All in all i wont be going back now my warranty is expired, absolutely rubbish. My dad took his 05 plate ffrr in to have the sunroof drain pipe replaced, took two visits and about 8 hours, then they ran his battery flat and he had to borrow a car. Why request a customer brings a car in at 9.00am if you are not starting work on it till 2.00pm.

Anyway am now on the look out for a good independant garage capable of servicing the D3 in norfolk. Any ideas??

We have had massive probs since our 60mile service in france, I rang hunters as I have a week to get my car sorted and am taking a massive risk driving it back Big Cry They sounded Fab on the phone, I now won't be wasting my time with them, Thanks for the feedback, Hoping 10 for cash can sort it! Bow down
 TDV6 SE Buckingham Blue
DISCO1 - Adriatic Blue
Jeep Wrangler Sahara Edition 

Post #42322416th Feb 2009 9:20 pm
muppetlab

Glad to be of help! Its nigh on time the dealers woke up. Given the credit crunch and the rather high prices they charge people are going to question the value for money they represent. They should be doing it 110% better than anyone else, they represent the brand of Land Rover and those that are coming up short need a good kick up the Censored from land rover it self or deserve to go out of business. I have had 5 days without a car, no offer of Shocked a courtesy car, ferried their drivers back and forth after returning the car and not once had a call to tell me the damn car is ready. I had to leave it until half four in the afternoon and call them and ask am i going to be driving or walking home!! The car is still not 100% but to be honest given the service i have had i just cant be bothered taking it back again, although i will be contacting them regarding the fact that they seem to have washed it with a cross between a brillo pad and a sheet of sand paper scratched to hell down to the primer in places Shocked
 Corrado Vr6
Disco 3 tdv6
Lr 90 3.9 v8 

Post #42330616th Feb 2009 10:59 pm
muppetlab

SJR wrote:
I guess the service staff find it difficult and are slowed down by having to use tools designed for only 5 fingers Whistle Wink Thumbs Up

Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter
oh i'm from norfolk Big Cry
 Corrado Vr6
Disco 3 tdv6
Lr 90 3.9 v8 

Post #42331816th Feb 2009 11:17 pm
KevF

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Java BlackDiscovery 4

Muppet,

Must be a Hunters thing......the one in Norwich is exactly the same.....ours wasnt bought from them and when it went in for a problem with the EPB under warranty, they couldnt have been less helpful.

Have use Peter Scott in Wymondham but will now probably go with JSF in Norwich now the warranty is over....

Post #42353217th Feb 2009 2:16 pm
muppetlab

Thanks i know JSF have been going for years, used to get bits and pieces from them for my landy. Was contemplating Hunters Norwich so thanks for the heads up. I will maybe try duckworths at boston for any dealer work and an indy for regular servicing. Would have thought that with other hunters down the pan the remaining ones would be smartening up their act, or maybe they know something is up and therefore dont give a Censored
 Corrado Vr6
Disco 3 tdv6
Lr 90 3.9 v8 

Post #42353417th Feb 2009 2:21 pm
muppetlab

Must just add though that the fellows in the Parts Dept at Kings Lynn are the only saving grace. Very Good service and Nice people to deal with. Just the servicing side thats rubbish although i am sure if you have 35k in your pocket the sales team would your best friends ever and let you Censored them up the Censored if they thought they might sell you a car Very Happy
 Corrado Vr6
Disco 3 tdv6
Lr 90 3.9 v8 

Post #42353717th Feb 2009 2:25 pm
Marc534

muppetlab wrote:
Thanks i know JSF have been going for years, used to get bits and pieces from them for my landy. Was contemplating Hunters Norwich so thanks for the heads up. I will maybe try duckworths at boston for any dealer work and an indy for regular servicing. Would have thought that with other hunters down the pan the remaining ones would be smartening up their act, or maybe they know something is up and therefore dont give a Censored

We shipped my New freelander 05 back from The FI and as I have family in Norfolk, Chose Duckworths to fit fogs, Unfortunately a big misunderstanding I was under the impression that they would look like the "straight from the manufacturer sleekly fitted into the bumper! Big Cry I was under shock when after two days I went to pick up my car and found a big googly eyed driving lamp pack had been fitted. Husband defused situation and they were charming"massive misunderstanding" we were driving to Germany the next day and they worked overnight to take a bumper from a showroom silver freelander and fit it, No charge, Nothing and it looked like it had never been put thru the ordeal Surprised . If we can't get hold of ten for cash we may try here for the Disco, If I drive it back in one piece Rolling Eyes fingers crossed I don't have a breakdown on the Peri- pherique in Paris. Thanks for all the feed back.
 Marc Brennan

Post #42387717th Feb 2009 11:02 pm
Marc534

muppetlab wrote:
Glad to be of help! Its nigh on time the dealers woke up. Given the credit crunch and the rather high prices they charge people are going to question the value for money they represent. They should be doing it 110% better than anyone else, they represent the brand of Land Rover and those that are coming up short need a good kick up the Censored from land rover it self or deserve to go out of business. I have had 5 days without a car, no offer of Shocked a courtesy car, ferried their drivers back and forth after returning the car and not once had a call to tell me the damn car is ready. I had to leave it until half four in the afternoon and call them and ask am i going to be driving or walking home!! The car is still not 100% but to be honest given the service i have had i just cant be bothered taking it back again, although i will be contacting them regarding the fact that they seem to have washed it with a cross between a brillo pad and a sheet of sand paper scratched to hell down to the primer in places Shocked

Maybe its high time that More people complained about the service from certain Landrover garage experiences. Our 60k service cost us £540 and we noticed they hadn't swapped the tyres around and also eversince we have had massive problems with it, numerous more bills and no clear concise diagnosis. I complained to Landrover France! recieved a letter this morning asking me to return to the garage and sort it out! I will never return or give them any more of my money! thus England here we come! Bow down fingers crossed!
 Marc Brennan

Post #42388617th Feb 2009 11:13 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >