DISCO4.COM > Faults & Fixes (D4)

Reduced Performance Message on D4 XS
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 5 of 9 <123456789>
Winger
Site Moderator 

2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Aintree GreenDiscovery 4

sleth wrote:
Got the reduced performance message again after the dealer had supposedly fixed the fault.(

Then, perhaps the turbo actuator is not what is causing the fault you are experiencing. Do you get a warning and reduced engine performance, or just a warning? Check with the dealer what fault codes were present.

Post #5732663rd Jan 2010 11:29 am
Reginald Molehusband

Scotland 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Landmark LE Auto ZanzibarDiscovery 4

Interesting Sleth, it was on an uphill from cold that the reduced performance occurred on mine too.
 2016 D4 Landmark SDV6 (Euro6), Zanzibar (late run D4)
2009 D4 HSE TDV6, Bali blue (first run D4)
2007 RRS TDV8 HSE, some blue

http://www.lothian4x4response.org 

Post #5735123rd Jan 2010 8:44 pm
sleth

England 2009 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 XS Auto Bali BlueDiscovery 4

Winger, dealer was pretty confident the fault was the same, will post more tomorrow after i take it back.
 Steve
D4 XS 13 Firenze Red / Black Design Pack
RRS HSE 11 White Pimp Mobile
D4 TDV6 XS 09/59 Bali Blue, MTRs
D3 TDV6 HSE 08/09 Java Black
D2 TD5 ES
P38 HSE
D1 TDi 300 

Post #5735323rd Jan 2010 9:02 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
KOulds

France 2009 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 SE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 4

Cold here this morning (-9) and got a Reduced Performance warning, drove to work 12 miles. Stopped then started engine. Warning returned, waited 10 minutes then returned to car, the first fault had disappeared to be followed by gearbox fault. Third time lucky and all faults gone. After reading the site can report fuel tank at 1/8 with 130kms left to run, rear windows appear to do the other fault reported (ie up then straight back down). Also had another gearbox fault where height sensor gets confused!!
Wish me luck as I try and explain to local dealer this afternoon in French, after I have checked the VIN number. Once again thanks for the info which I shall be explaining to the garage when I visit tomorrow.

Post #5738724th Jan 2010 1:13 pm
Jonty

Kenya 2007 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

There is a SSM out for this on GTR, but I don't have a subscription so don't know what it says. In any case, all dealers should be aware of it by now.

Post #5742634th Jan 2010 9:32 pm
juliemc9

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 4

Got my D4 back last night, Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Left it till this morning to post as I wanted to check everything was ok on a cold restart ths morning. Well the problem with "reduced performance" seems to be fixed touch wood. It was -2 when I set off and everything seems to be fine. So pleased to have it back Ford Mondeos are not very good in the snow !!!!!
However I have one "gearbox fault " flash up as well in the last few weeks, the dealer has looked at this and ordered a new part but it won't be in til Feb when it has to go back in to be fitted. I know others have had this problem, the part is on back order but they reckon its ok to drive !
Ps it can snow all it likes now I have my D4 back !!

Post #5758337th Jan 2010 10:56 am
mwestcrew

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Landmark LE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Seems there is a software problem that brings up the gearbox fault warning in quite a few cars. I can make mine show this warning by starting, switching off, then restarting 3 or 4 times, LRA are aware of this as are customer services and a fix is being written.
 2011 D4 Landmark, Mini Cooper SD Clubman, Range Rover Vogue SE  
Post #5760057th Jan 2010 3:02 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
sleth

got the D4 back yesterday after the second fix of the reduced performance error - took it out this morning (-6) and booted up all the local Dartmoor Hills, no reoccurance of the fault so far Smile

Also spoke to LR customer services yesterday and they have agreed to fund a set of MTRs and the first service free of charge, so happy chap again Thumbs Up
 Steve
D2 TD5 ES
P38 HSE
D1 TDi 300 

Post #5775409th Jan 2010 11:19 am
DiscoDC

Australia 2010 Discovery 4 TDV6 SE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Our D4 2.7 had the same problem (which I posted last November). Fault came up with 'Gearbox fault' and "Reduced performance' along with the hazard triangle. However, the car did actually stall. Got fixed once, then re-occured again within a week. Cold tempurature definately had nothing to do with it as it would have been around 25 degrees. I cant understand why these problems happen and it is not like it is a minor problem. The last thing I want is my wife driving the car on the highway then it stalling on her. I dont think we would accept it if Rolls Royce were producing jet engines that stalled for aeroplanes. Amazingly we are getting a new car from the dealership, as we just could not accept the re-occuring problem. I will have to find out what the final diagnosis was for the problem. Can only hope it does not happen with the new one. I am amazed how many of you have had this problem. But like many of you have said, what a great car to drive.... when it is going right. Really, a fantastic car. Please sort your Censored out LR.

Post #5946781st Feb 2010 12:04 pm
clorenzen

2009 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

mwestcrew wrote:
Seems there is a software problem that brings up the gearbox fault warning in quite a few cars. I can make mine show this warning by starting, switching off, then restarting 3 or 4 times, LRA are aware of this as are customer services and a fix is being written.

I have the same problem (battery low & reduced performance) but my dealership in Thames Ditton has not been able to find anything and nor has Landrover in Kufstein Austria as this problem has resurfaced 3 times now. Could you enlighten us what the dealers did in order to cure the problem because everytime I talk to them this is the first time they have heard about these problems (tossers)

Also - since I took the car to my holiday house in Austria (and kept it in a heated garage) nothing has happened.

Post #5951861st Feb 2010 11:25 pm
Winger
Site Moderator 

2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Aintree GreenDiscovery 4

If you are specifically having the gearbox fault issue, this can be caused by low battery, or simply during cranking (hence no problems in a heated garage, I suspect). This is reminiscent of early D3 start-up issues.

During initialisation, the lower battery voltage causes an error in the selector mechanism - and the yellow triangle appears.

Point your dealer to LTB00253; the resolution is replacement of the gearbox selector mechanism with an updated part.

VINs after 526446 should not have this problem, and it is very likely something that you won't see at all during summer months or in warmer climates.

Post #5952862nd Feb 2010 7:56 am
sleth

Have been issue free now for a few weeks and LR customer services have finally come up trumps - had my free MTRs fitted today and they also agreed to fund the first service - sometimes it pays to be persistent Thumbs Up
 Steve
D2 TD5 ES
P38 HSE
D1 TDi 300 

Post #60290813th Feb 2010 5:34 pm
neilfletch

Italy 2009 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 4
Disco 4 Restricted performance and other messages

We have our UK purchased Disco 4 since Nov and pretty much immediatly have suffered various warning signs regularly being displayed, especialy when the weather is cold: restricted performance/gearbox fault/suspension fault. The tailgate catch also fell off in the first week!
Only the first seems to affect performance and the Italian Landy dealer here has had in twice, once replacing the battery, but to no affect, they can't trace the fault.
Anyone out there with any ideas/
Neil F

Post #62651824th Mar 2010 11:32 am
Q86ARR

United Kingdom 2012 Discovery 4 5.0 V8 HSE Manual Bali BlueDiscovery 4

Reduced performance will nost likely be caused the the turbo vacuum solenoid.
Gearbox fault will be caused by the gearshift selector assembly.

The first item is covered under the assurance program and the second item there is a bulletin out.

Post #62676924th Mar 2010 8:21 pm
stick

United Kingdom 2010 LR4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Izmir BlueLR4

945 miles done in 3 week old HSE and had the restricted performance message and amber light. Tank was half full, was going up hill just after starting off. VIN is 5362++ so way after all early problems. Any ideas, and is anyone else still having these problems?

Bit depressed. Really hoped it was going to not be a constant worry.
 d4 HSE  
Post #6443103rd May 2010 6:59 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 5 of 9 <123456789>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >