Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Maintenance & Mods (D3)

Low power
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
v40mav

Scotland 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3
Low power

May 06 TDV6 "S" manual - Been having a few odd problems with power and having read number of posts - not sure if it is the ERG valve - or perhaps a turbo problem.

Over last few weeks and yes the weather has been cold but I recall this happening once before the cold spell .

When I have started and driving it feels gutless until the turbo kicks in which is about 2500rpm. after that its fine - try putting foot down below that and nothing happens. ( turbo normally seems to kick in about 15-1700rpm )

tried stopping / restarting and didn't make any difference - then after driving slowly home - it at times kicks back to normal .

I have been using TR over the last few weeks but have always switched off before stopping -

As I said once turbo kicks in all is fine and it is not doing this all the time -

Any thoughts on what this is - - I want to have some facts before I phone the Dealers to get this looked at.

I am having an issue with the dealer over a knackered wheel ( seperate issue) so want to be clear on facts - No warning lights are on so will there be fault codes showing .

Does this sound like ERG issue or Turbo issue - Given it is not happening all the time should I keep driving it meantime or call LRA

Thoughts from the more knowledgeable welcome
 TDV6 HSE - Silver
Defender 110 County
Freelander 2 HSE

www.lothian4x4response.org 

Post #57820510th Jan 2010 1:04 pm
caverD3

Australia 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Could be sticking turbo vanes. There was a software update to exercise the vanes to stop this happening but sound like yours may have failed. Idea
 â€œThere are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games”
Ernest Hemmingway
D4 3.0 Active Diff, Adaptive Lights, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Privacy Glass.
D3 2.7:Adaptive Headlights,Electronic Rear Diff,ARB Bar,Blaupunkt Speakers,JVC Powered Subwoofer,Removable Snorkel,Mitch Hitch,Pioneer After Market Head Unit,Steering Wheel Control Adaptor,Remote Adjustable Supension Rod System, Taxside Dual Battery System. 

Post #57876711th Jan 2010 1:32 am
v40mav

Scotland 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Plan on phoning the dealer today - had not heard that issue before -

Will see what they say -
 TDV6 HSE - Silver
Defender 110 County
Freelander 2 HSE

www.lothian4x4response.org 

Post #57879111th Jan 2010 8:28 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1