Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Blackbox Solutions

New low cost Diagnostic Tool from BBS
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 45 <123 ... 434445>
Disco_Mikey

Scotland 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

Will this system also offer CCF editing?
 My D3 Build Thread

TDV8 Retrofit Build Thread 

Post #103580416th Jan 2013 6:46 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Gwiz

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Hi BBS SPY, have recently bought an FCR and am very pleased with it, one point is that when trying to read the fault description the words seem to travel a bit to fast, so normaly have to run it a couple of times before i can understand it, is this normal ?

Would this new unit you are developing be able to read live data, adjust the data, put service lights out etc ?

i didnt go the MSV route as couldnt warrent the cost for own use, but if the new unit will do some of what it will do but at a more relistic price for the owner user then would be interested.

Thanks look forward to new unit info. Graham Bow down Bow down
 Graham

Always interested in learning,,

everyday is a school day, even at my age 

Post #103587716th Jan 2013 9:20 am
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor 

Cyprus 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

Thanks for all your comments of support and appreciation guys.

I have received a few PM's and e-mails asking for more details of this, but in fairness it is pretty early days on a lot of things for this and i would rather provide and fairly share what details i have, when i have them publicly on this thread.

First off there will be no SV option on the Evolution, the hardware simply does not support it.

Secondly it is our desire and hope to simply make this a software upgrade of the existing Nanocom Evolution software, and for sure it will need a different lead, however right now we cannot promise that. It may be that you have to have a different unit.

Thirdly, Yes it is certainly intended that it will do FULL CCF editing, but as CCF editing is not something that needs to be done on the roadside in a break down situation and as it would take ridiculous amounts of menuing to provide the actual editing on the unit itself we will be using our existing Genesis on line CCF editing capability to achieve this.

To clarify how this works i have just posted a thread about it here, of course with step by step pictures.

http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/post1036099.html#1036099

It will certainly also do service resetting.

In terms of final price, The Nanocom Evolution has always been regarded as being particularly inexpensive for what it offers, we actually mass produce it in the thousands being the only item that we have machine manufactured and supply it based on the higher quantity principle. I do not envisage this changing and promise you that our decision to put the D3 on the Nanocom Evolution is actually a very significant development for owners.

In terms of time, i never like to make promises, but i believe we will have it available in a few weeks rather than a few Months.

Post #103611316th Jan 2013 5:25 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Hairy Dan

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Landmark LE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Will this be available for the D4, in particular the MY2012>?
 Cheers Ian
--------------------
Club N.E.R.D.S
Kielder 4x4 Safari
Discoless 

Post #103612316th Jan 2013 5:45 pm
Down&Dirty

England 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Graphite LE Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

"i believe we will have it available in a few weeks rather than a few Months".[/quote]

Shocked Not gonna be able to sleep now,like waiting for Christmas all over again! Mr. Green

Post #103612416th Jan 2013 5:49 pm
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor 

Yes Hairy Dan, this will be a logical progression that will closely follow behind our MSV-2 on which D4 progress continues to fully cover the D4 to the same utter degree that the D3 is now covered and will also be a significant step forward for BBS in the next few months of this year.

Down&Dirty
There is still much to do before we can actually release this, but there nothing we have not already done many times before and do not completely and fully understand.

As all members here now know full well, i do not make promises i cannot and will not deliver on, this is after what we do for a living all day every day and we are certainly no newbies to it.

Post #103613716th Jan 2013 6:16 pm
Hess

Scotland 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Adriatic BlueDiscovery 3

Looks very cool Colin Thumbs Up

I'm sure whatever you will release will ooze quality and craftsmanship
with some pretty nifty technical abilities Thumbs Up

Post #103629616th Jan 2013 9:37 pm
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor 

Cheers Hess

In the last couple of years, we have supplied really quite vast numbers of these Nanocom Evolution units to Disco 2 and Defender owners, adding P38 to it only about a year back, and the level of satisfaction with it is really quite astounding.

Post #103760618th Jan 2013 6:09 pm
bellautos

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 SE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Good work Colin and the BBS team Thumbs Up I actually like the background in blue better than my current background. Ill be having a play now hehe.

Pete

Post #103771818th Jan 2013 7:52 pm
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor 

Yea i kinda quite like the Blue fade background myself too Pete.

I gave one of the new guys a go at tinkering with the graphical display aspect of the Nanocom as part of the learning process and he came up with that, as well as changing the look of some other buttons.

Mainly it is just eye candy changes, however he did come up with a way to upscale the image resolution the Evolution normally uses, hence the very detailed D3 overhead pictures.

Did you notice the shadow under the text ?

Colin

Post #103816919th Jan 2013 5:17 pm
bellautos

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 SE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

He has done a good job for a newbee lol,, i like the pictures and text very much. Its a nice upgrade for sure. Yea the shadows make it look even better and allmost 3D ish.

Pete

Post #103819919th Jan 2013 6:12 pm
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor 

Last year, i took on no less than five new technical staff members.

One allocated to aid in MSV-2 developments, one for the Nanocom Evolution, one for Web site development, one for all Micro controller based products and in house development tools, and one as an overall assistant to me in all project management aspects.

It is a steep learning curve for all, but all are doing really well, enjoying being on the BBS team and are now contributing significantly.

The future has never looked more interesting Thumbs Up

Post #103821719th Jan 2013 6:38 pm
Markmein

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Nara BronzeDiscovery 4

Hi I am very impressed with the functionality that the Genesis software when used with the Nanocom Evolution will bring, I have had a nanocom 1 for use with my D2 and it helped diag and fix a number of problems that would have been a pain without it.

I am looking forward to a new purchase and tool to add to the collection.

Keep up the good work. looking forward to placing an order.

Post #103947721st Jan 2013 5:42 pm
maplecottage

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

BBS SPY wrote:
Thanks for all your comments of support and appreciation guys.

.............. The Nanocom Evolution has always been regarded as being particularly inexpensive for what it offers, we actually mass produce it in the thousands being the only item that we have machine manufactured and supply it based on the higher quantity principle. I do not envisage this changing and promise you that our decision to put the D3 on the Nanocom Evolution is actually a very significant development for owners.

In terms of time, i never like to make promises, but i believe we will have it available in a few weeks rather than a few Months.

Sounds just what I need to add to my BBS collection Very Happy Very Happy

Colin - quick as you can please before management sets her eyes on my few spare pennies Whistle

Post #10824813rd Apr 2013 11:03 am
kp

United Kingdom 

FYI im sure the overhead pic is of a 2005> L322 Wink

Very good work there though Colin and BBS Smile

Im guessing by saying the D4 will be supported this means the SSRR and the FFRR will likely come into the fold as well despite the later possibly only being 2005> models?
 FFRR Owner, very nearly became a D3 owner Smile
Test piloted a new D4 XS SDV6.. Gone and being forgotten i hope!!
D4 HSE 10MY
D4 XS 11MY
SSRR Destroyer *2 Smile 

Post #10825133rd Apr 2013 12:31 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 45 <123 ... 434445>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >