Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Finance, Insurance and Warranties

EXTENDED WARRANTY PACKAGES FOR SALE
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 4 of 9 <123456789>
philhunt

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

KAM

It will soon be make your mind up time for many of us shopping around to replace their Tesco Warranties. There are also many on here who are coming to the end of their LR warranty.

If you want to clean up on this business, I think you really need to get the website etc. with FAQs and online sign up moving along at a pace.
 Clubs Mantec, Tasmods, LEDS, AT2s on 18s, Maxxis Bighorns on 17s, Remote FBH, BAS. ReMap, BSS., RLD Personalised SWP., Safari Snorkel, Faultmate, Three Musketeers & MUD

Post #57032926th Dec 2009 10:55 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
John C

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

philhunt wrote:
...If you want to clean up on this business, I think you really need to get the website etc. with FAQs and online sign up moving along at a pace....

...and case-studies/examples of successful D3 claims Thumbs Up
 2020 SDV6 D5 HSE, Carpathian Grey +
2022 Tesla Model Y LR... almost Carpathian Grey
Previously : 2005 TDV6 SE Auto, Cairns Blue (288K) - ours for 16 years 

Post #57127629th Dec 2009 5:33 pm
Dougal

Scotland 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 GS Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 4

My Tesco warranty runs out in April so I'm def in the market for a new policy, but...

Just had a quick read of the terms and conditions of the policy (http://www.jdconcepts.co.uk/Resources/MBI.pdf) and didn't get beyond page 2 before I had questions regarding the valididty of any claim...

Page 2, Terms and Conditions section 13 f) and g)
f) Wear, tear, gradual breakdown or deterioration of the covered parts.

Surely any failure of any part can be attributed to the above?

g) consequential damage or your failure to take preventative steps that result in damage being caused (for example the vehicle being driven with a defective part)...

Again a "get of jail" that covers not only the original failure but also any other follow on failure directly associated with the original.

Having been caught out before I am a little anal about these things. Kam, are there any examples you can give us of satisfied customers who have had claims settled. Thnks

Post #5727271st Jan 2010 10:59 pm
philhunt

Good post Dougal. Response from Kam eagerly awaited. I have a number of questions but willl see what Kam comes back with in response to yours.
 Clubs Mantec, Tasmods, LEDS, AT2s on 18s, Maxxis Bighorns on 17s, Remote FBH, BAS. ReMap, BSS., RLD Personalised SWP., Safari Snorkel, Faultmate, Three Musketeers & MUD

Post #5727351st Jan 2010 11:15 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
KevinTDV6SE

England 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

I'm also interested in any response from Kam, as i need to take out cover asap, and i'm stuck for who to use???

Post #5732193rd Jan 2010 8:13 am
ELD70

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Seems to be that a decent warranty is going to cost between £500 to £600 to include wear and tear and main dealer labour rates.

I have taken AA Gold for just under £500 with breakdown cover, but Warranty Direct etc. all do similar products in that kind of price range.
Really comes down to personal choice until we start banging a few claims in to get some feedback on who is best.
 Now driving BMW 330d Touring....misses D3...but not when at traffic lights Smile  
Post #5732763rd Jan 2010 11:57 am
philhunt

With Tesco Warranty you could apply online and could also view a cover summary + all the small print in the policy doc online.

Is the AA Gold small print policy doc available to view anywhere?

Post #5732803rd Jan 2010 12:06 pm
ELD70

Google Gold AA Warranty and there are some PDF's on the net, if not I will scan what I have for you.

<Snip - this is a sponsors thread not the AA's >

I took the 5 star then swapped to gold to give the main dealer option, came to £469 which includes breakdown cover.

A real shame Tescos pulled out as the feedback on claims was looking positive, will take a few months to gather feedback from other warranty providers.
 Now driving BMW 330d Touring....misses D3...but not when at traffic lights Smile  
Post #5732893rd Jan 2010 12:19 pm
philhunt

Google brings up cover summaries only and I believe from other posts that some info is incorrect i.e. wear and tear not being covered etc so scans would be great

Post #5732943rd Jan 2010 12:34 pm
ELD70

Off to work now for rest of day but will do my best later Thumbs Up
Post #5733113rd Jan 2010 12:48 pm
philhunt

Thumbs Up

Post #5733273rd Jan 2010 1:02 pm
biskit

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Keep it coming guys, Exclamation make your mind up time. Rolling Eyes

Post #5734663rd Jan 2010 7:15 pm
SN

hope this is still available in November...
 Steve N | 21MY Defender | 08MY Discovery 3 (history) | 06MY Discovery 3 (ancient history)   
Post #5734713rd Jan 2010 7:32 pm
kam100

United Kingdom 

Hi Guys.

Apologies for the delay.
Have been away over Xmas, first day back today.

Website is being worked on as i type, it is quite a large website with all the bits and pieces and we are working on a new finance one with SQL coding, so it is taking a very long time to get things sorted.

The website main page is: www.warrantyuk.co.uk
With online quoting, signup, payment and downloadable PDF documents, as well as a FAQ question section which will be basically a download of the questions off here currently, as this is the most feedback/interest i have had on any product from many websites/forums.

By the way, AA Warranty only covers up to around £35 per hour outside of london labour rate wise, so you will struggle to get any dealer to work for that much or any very decent reputable mechanic workshop so every package has it's pro's and con's.. the platinum package covers the most we have seen of any packages we looked at.

The wear and tear issue is a big grey area, if you actually speak to companies who offer wear and tear cover, they are likely to be very vague and not committ to anything in particular..

If you have any questions in the mean time, please email me directly on: [email protected].
I logon here a lot to answer pm's but lose the thread in amongst the mass, so apologies for the delay once again.
Thanks for the interest though so far..

Post #5741854th Jan 2010 8:10 pm
kam100

United Kingdom 

By the way the website is still very much work in progress.. lots more to come on this!!

Post #5741894th Jan 2010 8:11 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 4 of 9 <123456789>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >