Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Finance, Insurance and Warranties

EXTENDED WARRANTY PACKAGES FOR SALE
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 5 of 9 <123456789>
John C

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

kam100 wrote:
The wear and tear issue is a big grey area, if you actually speak to companies who offer wear and tear cover, they are likely to be very vague and not committ to anything in particular..

Thanks. Thumbs Up Warranty Direct seems pretty clear - they cover it...? Confused
 2020 SDV6 D5 HSE, Carpathian Grey +
2022 Tesla Model Y LR... almost Carpathian Grey
Previously : 2005 TDV6 SE Auto, Cairns Blue (288K) - ours for 16 years 

Post #5741934th Jan 2010 8:18 pm
pagoda

Canada 2016 LR4 3.0 SDV6 Landmark LE Auto Yulong WhiteLR4

Kam,

It would be great if questions and your answers could continue to be posted here in this (and similar) threads. First, it allows those of us in the market for a warranty to get a good feel for the questions others who know more want answered, and second, it means you only have to answer each question once rather than face multiple, similar questions.

Note that you can select to watch the post, or save it to favorites thus making it easy to find and check.

Looking forward to the finished product as my LR warranty runs out soon and, like others, I'm watching closely to see who offers the best cover vs price.
 PAGODA  
Post #5743414th Jan 2010 11:22 pm
philhunt

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

KAM. I completely agree with Pagoda and I would have thought that from a business point of view, you would want to generate interest in this thread so that it continues to appear in New Posts.

Can you answer/comment on Dougal's recent observations above please.
 Clubs Mantec, Tasmods, LEDS, AT2s on 18s, Maxxis Bighorns on 17s, Remote FBH, BAS. ReMap, BSS., RLD Personalised SWP., Safari Snorkel, Faultmate, Three Musketeers & MUD

Post #5743574th Jan 2010 11:43 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
kam100

United Kingdom 

John C wrote:
kam100 wrote:
The wear and tear issue is a big grey area, if you actually speak to companies who offer wear and tear cover, they are likely to be very vague and not committ to anything in particular..

Thanks. Thumbs Up Warranty Direct seems pretty clear - they cover it...? Confused

Thanks John for the question.
Warranty Direct don't cover consumables, such as: Brakes, Lightbulbs, wipers, serviceable items such as air filters, hoses etc.
However they do cover items which are covered under the warranty and have worn out.

The cost of the comparable product via Warranty Direct which is the Luxury Care package is approx: £880.00 pa all in.
Our product which doesn't cover the gradual breakdown/wear and tear of a warrantable part, however does still cover sudden breakdown of the part, and the definition of this will be down to the claimant at the time of claim, i.e the garage that you use to repair/claim for the fault.

The cost of our one year warranty which covers all the items that warranty direct does, but without the gradual breakdown option is: £375.00 all in.

Every warranty offering, being an insured product is going to have clauses which will protect the insurer in the event of negligence on part of the customer not maintaining the car properly etc, but if you follow the routine maintenance plan which the car has reccomended by the manufacturer you are minimising the risk of the car developing such faults to cause consequential damage and thus rendering the warranty void for certain claims.

As you are all aware we have been offering financial products since 2005 and we have had nothing but positive feedback and have many thousands of satisfied customers, we are moving into this area of warranty/insurance products with the same objective. We are here offering a personal service, and won't just sell you the products and walk away, if you ever have problems with the claim process/with the insurance company we will be pleased to assist you in getting the claim handled and ressolved to your satisfaction where possible. The insurance company have been offering these warranty packages for many years and offer it to a lot of private traders and we are one of the first to offer it out direct to the open public at these rates. We can obtain case studies and actual examples, and will be sure to place this on the website as it builds up..

With these products, it either covers it or it doesn't, i am not going to say ours covers everything but costs under half, for the budget we are aiming at achieving for our customers, the product on offer being the platinum product offers great piece of mind at an affordable rate. We are also pursuing two other insurance companies to offer us a product which has every bell and whistle at a rate which can be better then warranty direct, and we will be sure to let you know on here as soon as that is available, but at present these are the only products we have on our shelves so to speak..

Many thanks once again, keep the questions coming and i will respond properly, and in as much detail as possible, and on record and open forum to help as many people as possible, make up their minds.
If you are willing to spend £600-800 per annum on a one year warranty package, i would contact Lookers Park Royal also and see what they can do a LR warranty for, as thats competing on their level.. Very Happy Thumbs Up

Post #5747135th Jan 2010 5:20 pm
kam100

United Kingdom 

Just to note also, our products carry NIL EXCESS!
Warranty direct offer Lux care with £50.00 excess per claim.

Post #5747715th Jan 2010 6:56 pm
mikeyp

United Kingdom 

kam100 wrote:
John C wrote:
kam100 wrote:

Thanks John for the question.
Warranty Direct don't cover consumables, such as: Brakes, Lightbulbs, wipers, serviceable items such as air filters, hoses etc.
However they do cover items which are covered under the warranty and have worn out.

The cost of the comparable product via Warranty Direct which is the Luxury Care package is approx: £880.00 pa all in.
Our product which doesn't cover the gradual breakdown/wear and tear of a warrantable part, however does still cover sudden breakdown of the part, and the definition of this will be down to the claimant at the time of claim, i.e the garage that you use to repair/claim for the fault.

The cost of our one year warranty which covers all the items that warranty direct does, but without the gradual breakdown option is: £375.00 all in.

The whole point of the manufacturers warranty is to allow a period for the vehicle to bed in and manufacturing defects to manifest themselves. Once the vehicle is out of the original warranty, failures of components are more than likely to be attributable to wear and tear.

And of course, wear and tear will ultimately lead to failure, which may be sudden. Take for instance, the sudden failure of a waterpump on a 5 year old car….more than likely wear and tear.

So as Kam has pointed out that this product does not cover wear and tear, then just what is the point of his comany's warranty?

Having said that, if you have a very low mileage car, say 10K miles, and is just out of warranty, it is likely that you will still be exposed to the risk of manufacturing defects as the car simply has not been used enough. In which case this warranty product may be of use to you.

But if its a typical mileage car, it would have had its shake down throughout the manufacturers warranty period then failures are likely to be attributable wear and tear.

Therefore, for the typical mileage car, this seems like a Censored product to me. So steer clear. If you want a warranty AND piece of mind, seems to me you are far better off buying a more comprehensive (and more expensive) product, otherwise you are just wasting your money.

Well this MHC warranty did seem too cheap to be true…but you get what you pay for, in this case not much and certainly not piece of mind...

DO NOT BUY THIS MHC PRODUCT !!!

Post #5774779th Jan 2010 9:56 am
ELD70

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

IMHO you are going to be paying £500 to £600 for a decent warranty to cover wear and tear and main dealer labour rates. Perhaps Kam could put together a package for the above?
 Now driving BMW 330d Touring....misses D3...but not when at traffic lights Smile  
Post #5775449th Jan 2010 11:23 am
kam100

United Kingdom 

ELD: Thanks, we have requested a premium product from our principle for Wear and tear to be included.

The fact remains, our current product covers ALL electrical and Mechanical parts for sudden failure. If your car has been serviced regularly and maintained as per the manufacturers standard, and as the above post points out, has been through the manufacturers 'shake down' warranty, then crucial elements of the car will have been serviced correctly and faulty items replaced, so wear and tear is not a get out clause for the insurance provider in these instances if you suffer a sudden failure, and the item will be repaired and replaced under the warranty.

I am obtaining other 4x4 case examples detailing successful claims and payouts which i will post asap.
In the mean time please review the PDF's already posted, and the prices are on our website: www.warrantyuk.co.uk

We maintain a cheap product price on this, simply as we don't have a massive sales force and call centre handling the sales calls. We can administrate the products for you and cover your car immediately, and any claims are dealt with a claim handling department direct with the insurers, and we are on hand to assist you should you have any problems with any claims in the future on any of our products.

Post #57953812th Jan 2010 1:07 pm
mikeyp

United Kingdom 

kam100 wrote:
If your car has been serviced regularly and maintained as per the manufacturers standard, and as the above post points out, has been through the manufacturers 'shake down' warranty, then crucial elements of the car will have been serviced correctly and faulty items replaced, so wear and tear is not a get out clause for the insurance provider in these instances if you suffer a sudden failure, and the item will be repaired and replaced under the warranty.

I am obtaining other 4x4 case examples detailing successful claims and payouts which i will post asap.
In the mean time please review the PDF's already posted, and the prices are on our website: www.warrantyuk.co.uk

We maintain a cheap product price on this, simply as we don't have a massive sales force and call centre handling the sales calls. We can administrate the products for you and cover your car immediately, and any claims are dealt with a claim handling department direct with the insurers, and we are on hand to assist you should you have any problems with any claims in the future on any of our products.

Kam

With respect you are missing the point regarding wear and tear. The point is that many components provide plenty of warning that they are failing before they fail suddenly. For example, bearing wear normally manifests itself as noise or play which should be detected by ear or through servicing. Components will generally only fail suddenly where the warning signs have been ignored, in which case you will refuse to pay out.

For example, my partners 7 year old 130K miles Clio for example - all the bearings on the alternator belt pulleys were noisy requiring replacement pulleys. The problem was clear because of the noise the bearings were making. But if the problem was ignored, the bearings would have ultimately failed suddenly, potentially causing damage to the engine etc. Now your policy would certainly not cover that failure scenario as it is wear and tear.

Wear and tear is a fact of mechanics and cars as they age.

Sudden failure of components such as alternator, starter motor on a 5 year old car with ~100K miles on it. I'd put money on that being wear and tear. Head gasket failure causing cylinder head damage - claim on this? Forget it. Engine bearings noisy - that'll be wear and tear again.

I really do struggle to see what your policy would actually pay out on in the event of a sudden component failure that would not ordinarily be attributed to wear and tear !

Would be intrigued to hear more about the successful the claims that you mention.

Remember, the product may be cheap 'cos you are keeping your sales costs down etc., but if it ain't worth the paper its written on, then forget it.

Post #57965112th Jan 2010 3:28 pm
DG
Site Moderator 

Wales 

I'm sure that site users will have read Kam's description and be able to form their own judgement on this product. Kam has an excellent reputation in offering a wide range of services on this and other LR's sites and in the context of it's description this product will be of great use to those who feel that it fits their requirements.

If you don't like it then you don't have to buy it. Thumbs Up
 21 year LR veteran > D2 GS 2003 > D3 S 2006 > D3 HSE 2009 > D4 HSE 2013 > D4 HSE 2015 > D5 HSE 2018 > DS HSE R-Dynamic P300e 2021  
Post #57965512th Jan 2010 3:39 pm
wilsonmg

England 

kam100 wrote:
ELD:

Kam, your website is down. . .what is the price for 'sliver' cover ?
 Still miss my D3 Sad  
Post #57970312th Jan 2010 4:46 pm
mikeyp

United Kingdom 

DG wrote:
I'm sure that site users will have read Kam's description and be able to form their own judgement on this product. Kam has an excellent reputation in offering a wide range of services on this and other LR's sites and in the context of it's description this product will be of great use to those who feel that it fits their requirements.

If you don't like it then you don't have to buy it. Thumbs Up

And I dont need it as I have a 3 year mfr warranty on a new Disco.

Sure, but a lot of intelligent folks have fallen for worthless insurance policies, including extended warranties, redundancy insurance etc. Even the LR dealer i bought my Disco from advised not going near the redundancy insurance for LR finance as its not worth the paper its written on.

Its just that Kam stated in one of his earlier posts that wear and tear was a grey area. There is no need for it to be a grey area. A fair insurance policy should be crystal clear, but sadly you have to pay more for those. Those with grey areas are to be avoided IMHO. After all, you need be sure you are actually getting the cover you are paying for otherwise what's the point?

This is a discussion forum after all. Or am I being too contentious because his company is a site sponsor?

Post #57971812th Jan 2010 5:08 pm
DG
Site Moderator 

Wales 

Fairplay to discuss the merits or otherwise but to say
mikeyp wrote:
is IMO a little strong considering you have no evidence that the product is disingenuous and have no direct experience of it. Thumbs Up 21 year LR veteran > D2 GS 2003 > D3 S 2006 > D3 HSE 2009 > D4 HSE 2013 > D4 HSE 2015 > D5 HSE 2018 > DS HSE R-Dynamic P300e 2021  
Post #57972612th Jan 2010 5:17 pm
Ant

2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Unknown ColourDiscovery 3
Extended Warranties

Hi
I am new to all ofthis as my 56HSE has just ended its manufacturers warranty. I intend to keep the vehicle for a couple more years so will most likely buy an extended warranty. Having done some basic research there is much adverse comment about Motorway Direct who administer the AA product, the MHC product is untested and Tesco which used to be popular has withdrawn it's product.
Has anyone any recent experience of Motorway Direct or experience of MHC warranties on other vehicles?
Ant

Post #57974512th Jan 2010 5:34 pm
mikeyp

United Kingdom 

DG wrote:
Fairplay to discuss the merits or otherwise but to say
mikeyp wrote:
is IMO a little strong considering you have no evidence that the product is disingenuous and have no direct experience of it. Thumbs Up

Well given that its an insurance product that has grey areas that have been acknowledged by the vendor, I don't think its strong at all. Grey areas = ambiguity = confusion, and implies something to hide which is a worry in any contract, particularly an insurance policy. Just my opinion, so apologies if you don't like it !

Post #57977512th Jan 2010 5:58 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 5 of 9 <123456789>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >