Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > In Car Electronics (D3)

4 X 4 Info Screen ...can it be activated ? YES IT CAN
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.  Down to end
Page 7 of 8 <12345678>
Snowy

England 

Whistle Which gives 4 working days to make it a tried and tested product before the deal starts.... Rolling Eyes
 The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us yet.  
Post #44408525th Mar 2009 5:48 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
lee157

United Kingdom 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Keep up the good work wiggs Thumbs Up
Its good to see people so dedicated to D3's
Would be very interested in the reversing cam part, TPMS and a few other bits in the future.

Post #44410125th Mar 2009 6:08 pm
SJR

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Arctic FrostDiscovery 3

Wiggs

Is that a 'I want you (SJR) to delete it' or a 'I wish I (Wiggs) had not typed that in the first place'!

Whistle
 I believe that every human has a finite number of heart-beats. I don't intend to waste any of mine running around doing exercises.
Buzz Aldrin (1930 - 

Post #44412725th Mar 2009 6:45 pm
countrywide

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Graphite LE Auto Unknown ColourDiscovery 4

Snowy wrote:
Whistle Which gives 4 working days to make it a tried and tested product before the deal starts.... Rolling Eyes

Doesn't mean it would be delivered in that time though, just you could place the order in that time. If delivery is 4 weeks from date of order it will be OK.

We take orders for kit which we still have to build from scratch, takes us 6-8 weeks to build it.

Post #44413025th Mar 2009 6:53 pm
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor 

Cyprus 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

Blue Meanie,
No we don't do it like that at all. Once someone has purchased a license from us to do Discovery 3,
That's it, there are no ongoing fees, or one offs for when we add additional capability like the CCF Edit.

We just keep adding stuff, That might sound silly to you but what you have to appreciate is that we are really just a big bunch of like minded techies, we all have a semi retired mentality, which is why we live in Cyprus to begin with, and we pretty much do this stuff for the hell of it. Fortunately we make enough to pay the wages and rent and keep us in beer..

I know you D3 guys don't really know us from adam, and you might well therefore question who we are and why we have suddenly appeared and started doing all this sort of stuff, Well the answer is actually very simple, we actually ran out of things to add to our software's capabilities for all the earler models. I am absolutely serious. The last vehicle we added was the 02 to 05 L322 (FFRR to you), like all previous cars, our software or that now accesses absolutely every last bit or byte of data or diagnostic capability that all variants of the Vehicle contain.

While we may be new on the D3 scene, you have to realize that we have dominated the market in supplying equipment to all manner of private enthusiasts and DIY mechanics of earlier vehicles for many years.

Martin
Trying our best, interestingly, technically the D3 and sport are indistinguishable and although through Wiggs focus has raised here actually we are also introducing exactly the same capabilities on all CAN vehicles, D3, Sport L322/ FFRR after 05 Freelander 2 and Defender
Letting a little more info out, we are actually working closely with a number of members of your forums on quite a large number of projects which we are very hopeful will be of great interest and benefit all members of all forums.

SJR,
The IDS (Dealer tool) uses the CCF to tell it whats fitted etc, reprogramming ECU's is tharefore not affected.
It is possible for a dealer to over write a modified CCF but he would have to do that on purpose.
For this reason there is a case for having your own system over having someone do it for you as you can always re change it after and our equipment allows you to save any number of files. As was original, How i like it, How she likes it Etc. so you don't have to remember what you changed.
But honestly the risk is small enough that i would not consider this as a good enough reason to get your own system, especially when there are so many other massive reasons why. Don't forget CCF edit is only a very small part of what our systems already offers.

Brumlee
Thank you for your kind comments. Yes i have my own STAR,
In a recent post about service reset someone mentioned that they could reset it, turn it off and something else i forget. Impressive by Dealer standards no doubt.

However as i have said, we are techies and we never ever ever do things by halves, so we dedicated an entire page for our list of service Interval indicator functions. With ours you can put whatever values you want in, for fuel distance time, see what the current counts are on all 3, change what triggers it, when or if any of the 3 triggers it, when / if you want an early reminder the type of reset the information about the last reset you want a reset by how much fuel you use, distance you travel or time, any combination in between and then some. and of course you can save the settings as as many files as you want re load and re write them as you wish.
In fact we give so much capability, i think we over did it, and this week we decided we need to add something to the built in help for someone who just wants to know what to write in what box to simply simulate a dealer reset event.

DG
Sorry DG, bad choice of terminology i should have said full not complete. Thanks for bringing that to my attention.
And yes i do sometimes get the impression i have somehow offended you.
I do tend to write essays, and waffle on, but i find most people like to get as much information as possible.
And now here i am being asked for more clarification. Laughing

let me clarify for members.
The offer stands as any Full system (as in not our (FCO) fault code only) Hardware and software for Discovery 3 to include single vehicle or Multi Vehicle licences.
Members claiming the discount will need to PM me their order reference number.
I appreciate that some who just fall short of the set term or post count criteria may feel a little discriminated against. However hopefully you can appreciate that i had to set some definition of EXISTING in the term existing member. if you feel that you should be considered, please PM me for due consideration.

As perhaps explained in my response to blue meanie. once someone has a system they are just owners in our eyes, and when the upgrade is released they can download that software like all our customers and they will have that capability added automatically. So if someone buys a system on APR 1st, and our CCF edit capability is not ready for a week or two more, we will ship them hardware and software up to the latest release.

hope that makes more sense.

Post #44414125th Mar 2009 7:04 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
countrywide

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Graphite LE Auto Unknown ColourDiscovery 4

DG wrote:

When I asked you in the original 4x4 screen thread if your kit could do this you said 'I think it could'. We now find out from Mr. Wiggs that it can. Surely as the manufacturer you should have known 100% that it could ...and if you don't know the whole story about the positives of your kit ...then how can you also know the negatives?

I know that I rib you about essays ...but FFS for the sake of those about to part with their cash lets have a bit of clarity here. Rolling Eyes

(Moderator mode) ON

I will defend BBS here DG and to be honest you are not giving the guy a chance before wading in with unrealistic comments. With any new product you plan for key features but make provision for additional features on a lower priority, but until you test them you haven't got a clue if it works properly. It takes an honest person not to just say it will and I think that you can't deny he was honest about it. He actually said you might be able to and was clearly going to check. It now transpires that it does work, so what's your point, it is an additional positive point not a unknown negative.

This is not a piece of consumer kit nicely boxed in Argos, it is a bit of kit undergoing testing and with input from people wanting features not originally planned for. As for the negatives they come out of testing and that is clearly what Wiggs is helping to do. What was asked of him was not something he had proven yet, so the clarity comes out of this testing process. If you went into Currys to buy a TV and said I would like this feature will it do it, then the answer would be if it's not in the manual then it won't. The difference here is that a manufacturer is willing to say maybe and look into it for the benefit of the customer and not even charge extra for it. It might not have even been on the any of the original product development plans, but willingness to investigate in my opinion should be praised.

I do a lot of product development and this attitude really doesn't help get a better product.

Post #44414425th Mar 2009 7:15 pm
bubbleheadjack

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Auto Rimini RedDiscovery 3

Fantastic!!!!! Keeps us in the loop and point me in the right direction!!!! Bow down Thumbs Up
 Disco 3 '08.5 XS Rimini Red, Driving Lights. Sadly sold, but still for sale in Ireland Wink

Defender 110 XS in Oslo blue, awaiting some TLC and a good trip somewhere 

Post #44425025th Mar 2009 10:00 pm
nismo

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3
soundin good

hi i am not good with tec jargon i have a 57 se how can i get the 4x4 stuff on the sat nav and or how much would it cost Sad

Post #44427525th Mar 2009 10:36 pm
DG
Site Moderator 

Wales 

countrywide wrote:
I will defend BBS here DG and to be honest you are not giving the guy a chance before wading in with unrealistic comments. .

I don't think it's unrealistic of me to ask for clarity ..... afterall a product is being offered for sale and I am a potential customer as are other site users. I'm sure Spy is man enough to accept that not all questioning is going to take an easy line.

BBS Spy wrote:
And yes i do sometimes get the impression i have somehow offended you.

Little offends me Wink ..I will be honest when I say that I get frustrated trying to work out from your posts what your thing does or doesn't do. I have found out more in wiggs report here http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/topic32824.html?highlight= than in the majority of your posts to date ...no offence intended ...but I don't do flowery or fluffy cloud stuff very well.

We can't all be perfect eh Whistle
 21 year LR veteran > D2 GS 2003 > D3 S 2006 > D3 HSE 2009 > D4 HSE 2013 > D4 HSE 2015 > D5 HSE 2018 > DS HSE R-Dynamic P300e 2021  
Post #44427725th Mar 2009 10:38 pm
DSL
Keeper of the wheelie bin 

Ukraine 

Speak for yourself Snigger Wink

Post #44428325th Mar 2009 10:46 pm
simon

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

... all I can smell is fish.

Post #44428525th Mar 2009 10:53 pm
blue meanie
D3 Decade 

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

cod or haddock?
 and theeeeennn......???  
Post #44428625th Mar 2009 10:55 pm
simon

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Squid I think... can't be sure. There's a lot of it around.

Post #44428825th Mar 2009 10:56 pm
nismo

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3
its not that fool on five is it

does all this mean its easy to play with or is it keep clear Exclamation

Post #44429525th Mar 2009 11:03 pm
blue meanie
D3 Decade 

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

all this, though interesting is making me bit ' Evil or Very Mad ' considering I paid out good lumpy money to have the prem sat/tmc etc as factory options from new on my SE Rolling Eyes

where's the Mr T you make me mad emotion Big Cry
 and theeeeennn......???  
Post #44430625th Mar 2009 11:13 pm
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Back to top
Page 7 of 8 <12345678>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >