Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > In Car Electronics (D3)

4 X 4 Info Screen ...can it be activated ? YES IT CAN
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.  Down to end
Page 5 of 8 <12345678>
SN

NoDo$h wrote:
3t paperweight
Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Steve N | 21MY Defender | 08MY Discovery 3 (history) | 06MY Discovery 3 (ancient history)   
Post #44384725th Mar 2009 10:29 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Bodsy
Site Sponsor 

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

10forcash wrote:
Cheers wiggs, great to have a hobbyist undercutting a professional Rolling Eyes
you make a living working on fire pumps, I make a living working on D3's thanks a Censored lot Censored

LandRover could say exactly the very same thing about Indi's. Gotta say, I think it's a bit un-called for. Wiggs has been hacking and messing with his D3 from an educated amatuer perspective for a long time too. Has helped countless members on here to do 'stuff' in a non professional capacity. This is just his latest (in a very long line of) toys.
Seems as though some members that want to spend the money (particularly for S/SE cars) to get these extra features will do. Those who want to offer it as a service (professional or mates rates) can also do so if they make the investment.
Got a lot of time for you Iain (and the other Indi's and LR dealers etc etc) but CAN you enable the same as Wiggs has done with the BBS system?
If you can already, then I feel that there's a lot of money out there to be gained by advertising the features wider. Thumbs Up
If you (or AutoLogic) can't currently, then there seems to be a system available that seems to be able to, therefore in the interests of all D3 members Wiggs is reviewing and will provide his independant findings.
Anyone can then make the decision to invest in purchase of a system or the purchase of a good Indi's services (you are clearly included in that list of good Indi's).

Just my 2penneth....
 Bodsys Brake Bible

D4/D3 Remote FBH heat kits
BAS Remaps/ EGR Blank
Transmission Flush
Software updates/enabling

Clock/ SNOTM /3Flash / 4x4Info /BT Update /Service Reset/Error Codes / Gearbox Reset
See It Here 

Post #44385325th Mar 2009 10:40 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Pelyma

England 

Bodsy wrote:

If you can already, then I feel that there's a lot of money out there to be gained by advertising the features wider. Thumbs Up
If you (or AutoLogic) can't currently, then there seems to be a system available that seems to be able to, therefore in the interests of all D3 members Wiggs is reviewing and will provide his independant findings.
Anyone can then make the decision to invest in purchase of a system or the purchase of a good Indi's services (you are clearly included in that list of good Indi's).

Just my 2penneth....

Just so long as commercial rules and the spirit of are upheld. Those that do go this route also ought to be well covered from a PI point of view, especially as there is no training to prove competence. I'd hate to see a situation like those poor Censored on New Homes from Hell last night where the end of their home fell off Shocked
 DS3 TDV6 HSE - Silver with Alpaca (old one) Gone
DS3 TDV6 HSE- Silver with Alpaca (new one) Gone
D4 HSE Lux - Montalcino Red Gone
Porsche Cayenne V8 Diesel S 

Post #44385725th Mar 2009 10:53 am
Ent

Iraq 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Wiggs

If you have got the bottle to carry on with the research then good on you! We would never have left the cave without people like yourself "pushing the envelope". Competetion can only be a good thing and if Autologic pull their finger out and develope a similar system then surely it can only benefit the D3 crowd. I think TFC took the plunge to early when the system had some serious short comings but as for as I can see there is nothing stopping him trying it again, now that it is a bit more polished. Keep the forum posted on how it developes especially the FBH on the keyfob mod, I did mention this a while back and was told it could'nt be done. Surely the D3 can generate its own W-bus signal so with a different CCF and maybe a wiring loom hack it can be done? Thumbs Up
 Club Exped trailer
Club Timed Climate
Club Flappy paddle steering wheel
Club 300bhp
Club Prospeed test pilot/lab rat
Club National Luna Stella conditioner 

Post #44386125th Mar 2009 11:02 am
Roel

Netherlands 2005 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Tangiers OrangeDiscovery 3

Do you think LR will give anybody a training how to alter the D3's software? Rolling with laughter

Good work: Wiggs, Colin(BBS SPy).

I agree with your post Bodsy. We are all here to learn and help each-other. And lesser experienced people like me can learn a lot from the more experienced ones like Wiggs, TFC and others.

I wish my Camel was sold already!

And it's a pity I have a HSE. But still probably lot's off features to be switched on.
 Roel

1997 Camel Trophy Disco ex-P101JWK (traded it for a Britains 42101)
1984 90 TD5
2005 G4 Disco 3 BN55WPT

Also member of club MTR
and Club Faultmate

Interested in my 4x4 history see my website: www.mudmachine.webklik.nl
Sorry it's in Dutch and with google translator it gets funny. 

Post #44386225th Mar 2009 11:03 am
simon

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Personally I'd be wary of upgrading any vehicle like this unless you know 100% its going to work and know 100% that you can ensure your not going to toast any of the D3's systems... there will be big tears from all if the upgrader is not covered by any sort of liability insurance.

No matter how friendly the person with the D3 is... people can turn very un-friendly when a £35K plus vehicle becomes un-useable.

Personally I would trust someone who knows the D3 both mechanically and electronically inside and out... dealer or independent.

Currently I trust Shukers in Ludlow, Offroad Essentials and AndrewS - all have worked on my vehicle and have proven themselves to me.

BTW - this is not aimed at anyone personally before I get flamed... just I trust who I trust, others will no doubt feel differently or the same.

Post #44386625th Mar 2009 11:08 am
discocuzzy

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 4

I thought this was a forum and not the Thompson business directory?.
 "you cannot teach stupid people to do clever things"
--------------------------------------------------------
05 plate D3 HSE in Zermat- Gone
11 Plate D4 Landmark in Fuji white- Gone
08 Plate D3 Hse in Buckingham Blue- Gone
58 plate D3 HSE Silver- Gone
10 Plate D4 HSE Stornaway Grey 

Post #44389025th Mar 2009 11:45 am
Martin
Site Admin and Owner 

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

Question

Post #44389725th Mar 2009 12:00 pm
andychelt

United Kingdom 

Sounds like everyones getting ahead of themselves! Laughing

As Wiggs says its not been released to the public yet and that hes testing it to iron out bugs.

I say roll on with the good work mate, i'm looking forward to seeing more pics/info as you investigate,
and if in the future you decide to purchase the multi vehicle thingummy then i'm sure they'll be a queue of electronics ignorant ppl like myself ready to help you recoup the costs!!! Laughing Thumbs Up Bow down

Post #44390225th Mar 2009 12:03 pm
Martin
Site Admin and Owner 

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

Wiggs - please keep reporting on this, like you've done before for nav screen boxes, reversing cameras etc.

There are underlying commercial conflicts and personal affiliations which are threatening to spoil some very interesting developments.

Post #44390625th Mar 2009 12:09 pm
andychelt

United Kingdom 

Martin Thumbs Up

Post #44391225th Mar 2009 12:17 pm
Bodsy
Site Sponsor 

@ Martin Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

@ Pelyma, you're 100% correct, if a business is doing this for others, then need to ensure the proper PI is in place. Thumbs Up
If you're doing it yourself, then it's your own risk Thumbs Up
 Bodsys Brake Bible

BAS Remaps/ EGR Blank
Transmission Flush

Clock/ SNOTM /3Flash / 4x4Info /BT Update /Service Reset/Error Codes / Gearbox Reset
See It Here 

Post #44394025th Mar 2009 1:01 pm
wiggs

United Kingdom 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

simon wrote:
Personally I'd be wary of upgrading any vehicle like this unless you know 100% its going to work and know 100% that you can ensure your not going to toast any of the D3's systems... there will be big tears from all if the upgrader is not covered by any sort of liability insurance.

No matter how friendly the person with the D3 is... people can turn very un-friendly when a £35K plus vehicle becomes un-useable.

Personally I would trust someone who knows the D3 both mechanically and electronically inside and out... dealer or independent.

Currently I trust Shukers in Ludlow, Offroad Essentials and AndrewS - all have worked on my vehicle and have proven themselves to me.

BTW - this is not aimed at anyone personally before I get flamed... just I trust who I trust, others will no doubt feel differently or the same.

Fair comment ..but you have got to also realise i love my d3 .The last thing i want to do is mess it up .I use it for work every day so i will loose money if its not working .

Colin has done many years of developing to get the software this far .He tests it on his own vehicle too.
I pestered Colin for the software which he would not release to me ( and rightly so ) until he was sure that it would do no harm .

Before i start messing with the ccf file i store the original .Thats there then if i fook up or something is not doing what it should. Heaven forbid should i loose this file ..it is also backed up on a couple of the cars ECU's .

With out people developing stuff and testing we are never going to move on . Im more interested in the electrical gadgetry than the other stuff .Im testing the things i want out of it first ..then i will have a look at other stuff .Im not going to go out and buy a rear diff just to see if it can be enabled .However i might now buy a TMC module and wiring ..feeling confident that i can get it working .No one will know until they try it ,but to me i would like this feature as i do a lot of miles .

There is no guarantee with the software ..other than your money back if your not happy Thumbs Up ..but hey its only a car ...if it breaks ..i try and fix it ..if i cant ..i pay to get it fixed ....chance's you take.

So far i more than happy with my investment ..the things i have done and the things i plan on doing are worth it to me .Also part of the fun is finding these things ..i like tinkering .

I never intended to "do "any body else's car ..but i can see that some people would want some things enabeling and would not want to spend all that money on a system .

If there was enough interest i would consider purchasing the full software ..with the aim of re-couping my money .

As far as 10forcash's rude comments ...well Shocked I have a great respect for his knowledge and what he can do .However last time i looked he could not enable this stuff ..so whats his problem. Hell .. i even recommend people to contact him for work to be done Shocked

I stay clear of most mechanical stuff and leave that to him ( apart from maybee offering some printed info that some one askes for )....oh and i deal with engines everyday so im not stupid !

I prefer to tinker with electrical gadgets ..i hope i encourage people to have a go with there own cars ..idea's and maybe some advise .Im only human and if i mess something up i will say so.

The reason i joined this forum was to learn about my car ..and hopefully help others. I thought thats what it was here for .
 G4 Gone ...but not forgotten  
Post #44394825th Mar 2009 1:18 pm
wiggs

United Kingdom 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Martin wrote:
Wiggs - please keep reporting on this, like you've done before for nav screen boxes, reversing cameras etc.

There are underlying commercial conflicts and personal affiliations which are threatening to spoil some very interesting developments.

Thanks Martin Thumbs Up

I just hope the thred can continue with out childish remarks as i for one think many people could benifit from the latest findings
 G4 Gone ...but not forgotten  
Post #44395025th Mar 2009 1:20 pm
Bodsy
Site Sponsor 

Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up
 Bodsys Brake Bible

BAS Remaps/ EGR Blank
Transmission Flush

See It Here 

Post #44395125th Mar 2009 1:22 pm
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Back to top
Page 5 of 8 <12345678>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >