Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > In Car Electronics (D3)

4 X 4 Info Screen ...can it be activated ? YES IT CAN
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.  Down to end
Page 4 of 8 <12345678>
RichieP

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Lugano TealDiscovery 3

If you do I'm not buying you a new ECU!!!! just use that welding tank I carried on my back up to your neck of the woods years ago..... 350deg c should get your ecu working again. Laughing

(I am jesting)

and as they are a Cyprus company do we have any recurse?

(Yes I am over egging....)
 Richard......

2006 HSE Lugano Teal - with screens a DVD....PS2.... Freeview, and MANTEC plate!
2007 XS Commercial Java Black - with leather, Aux Battery and MANTEC plate 

Last edited by RichieP on 24th Mar 2009 11:52 pm. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #44371824th Mar 2009 11:49 pm
10forcash

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Cheers wiggs, great to have a hobbyist undercutting a professional Rolling Eyes
you make a living working on fire pumps, I make a living working on D3's thanks a Censored lot Censored

Post #44372024th Mar 2009 11:51 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
wiggs

United Kingdom 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Grow up ...its for my personal pleasure ..although i may buy the full monty software now .

Just cause you got beef with Colin ..dosent mean i cant enjoy my own car at my own risk .

If you have nothing constructive to say then go and ruin someone else's posts .
 G4 Gone ...but not forgotten  
Post #44372224th Mar 2009 11:55 pm
Martin
Site Admin and Owner 

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

Can I remind everyone to behave please, or I will close the thread.

We know that 10forcash has had issues with Blackbox Solutions' kit but this is NOT the thread to discuss it - I'm not entirely certain it warrants being raised again at all.

Post #44372524th Mar 2009 11:59 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
RichieP

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Lugano TealDiscovery 3

Nothing to see move along.... Whistle
 Richard......

2006 HSE Lugano Teal - with screens a DVD....PS2.... Freeview, and MANTEC plate!
2007 XS Commercial Java Black - with leather, Aux Battery and MANTEC plate 

Last edited by RichieP on 25th Mar 2009 12:16 am. Edited 3 times in total 
Post #44372825th Mar 2009 12:03 am
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor 

Cyprus 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

Listen guys, going back a few posts now, i have nothing but the deepest respect for TFC. But he bought our D3 software nearly TWO YEARS ago when it was just in its infancy, when it was no where near debugged and really ready. He needed something that was not a "will be" or "may be" solution but a here and ready to help today one, and i am most pleased to say he got it. He knows this, i have told him so several times.
He bought an Auto Logic, which we openly acknowledge, for any business user with a few grand to invest IS by far the best solution. And he really did all members a favor by pointing out that our stuff was troublesome at that time, albeit we may disagree on method / terminology. Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

However, in that two years, a massive time by software development standards, things have quite obviously changed, we have certainly got our Censored together in respect of D3. Not only did we acquire all of the requisite ECU's and wiring to make a bench test set. as you see here
Click image to enlarge

But i also acquired my very own Disco 3 and became as much an enthusiast and appreciator as anyone on this site. By which i mean that for near a month my D3 is my daily choice of transport despite having an L322 and twice more seemingly desirable vehicles at my disposal.

Most, and certainly more important than any other factor however, is that we have actively seeked and engaged in the co operation and assistance of a number of totally independent and technically minded enthusiasts / members such as Wiggs in respect of field testing our software in real life situations prior to general release. We have also tailored ourselves and our system far more to the private enthusiast as have as we are known for started to make our coverage and capability of the D3 far greater than anything else (including the afore mentioned) sorry TFC, but that's how it always ends up, always has with all previous models, and i appreciate that indies who make their living from enthusiasts are quite naturally bound never to like the prospect of enthusiasts ultimately getting their own gear.

All i ask is for everyone / anyone to just give us nothing more or less than the benefit of doubt, don't let one single past bad example under such obviously different circumstances from a long time ago spoil and ruin what can so obviously be nothing but good and beneficial for everyone.

To show good faith / willingness, i will hereby offer the following to all members of Disco3.co.uk registered for greater than 1 year or with 500 plus posts to their credit. A members only discount on any complete D3 system of 20% discount, valid from April 1st to midnight on the last day of April 2009.

We also openly support / encourage anyone opting for our multi vehicle solution and offering CCF editing services to other members, and the open and beneficial nature of this D3 forum in general which we strive to help to grow with our efforts.

warmest regards to all

Last edited by BBS SPY on 25th Mar 2009 12:33 am. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #44372925th Mar 2009 12:03 am
LR3GuyJoe

United States 2005 LR3 4.4 V8 SE Auto Bonatti GreyLR3

I know Im on the wrong side of the pond but does this mean if you were able to source the screen and other nav bits you could retrofit a d3 that doesn't have it and also get the 4x4 info center, ect?

The picture above is pretty amazing Shocked
 Sceen name use to be "wantsanlr3"

Club Traxide
Club RLD winch mount
Club MTRs

-MY05 SE
-A frankenstein Mini '66 sportspack with a vauxhall lump
-'64 AH Sprite

Post #44374825th Mar 2009 12:32 am
DG
Site Moderator 

Wales 

wantsanlr3 wrote:

Yep ...nice duvet cover 8)
 21 year LR veteran > D2 GS 2003 > D3 S 2006 > D3 HSE 2009 > D4 HSE 2013 > D4 HSE 2015 > D5 HSE 2018 > DS HSE R-Dynamic P300e 2021  
Post #44377425th Mar 2009 1:50 am
wiggs

United Kingdom 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

wantsanlr3 wrote:
I know Im on the wrong side of the pond but does this mean if you were able to source the screen and other nav bits you could retrofit a d3 that doesn't have it and also get the 4x4 info center, ect?

I think there is still a lot more involved ...especially wiring wise .I dont think i would like to attempt to fit one ...although at least now you should be able to enable it .
 G4 Gone ...but not forgotten  
Post #44377525th Mar 2009 1:53 am
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor 

Cyprus 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

Quote:
Yep ...nice duvet cover

Yep, you sure won't find that fabric on the D3 options list, Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Sure as hell we really don't mind, please take the p as you will, whatever the color, just as long as it continues to help us to benefit any / all members of DISCO3.CO.UK as it so obviously does.

Post #44378225th Mar 2009 2:38 am
Bushwanderer

Australia 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

BBS Spy,
With a system such as yours, upgrades are inevitable. Are they provided free, or is there a cost associated with them?
 The Bearded Dragon  
Post #44378425th Mar 2009 3:00 am
buellbeast

United Kingdom 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Tech Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

BBS SPY wrote:
To show good faith / willingness, i will hereby offer the following to all members of Disco3.co.uk registered for greater than 1 year or with 500 plus posts to their credit. A members only discount on any complete D3 system of 20% discount, valid from April 1st to midnight on the last day of April 2009.

Censored Big Cry
A little unfair maybe for the newer more forum shy members D3 owners Whistle

Post #44378825th Mar 2009 6:59 am
MARKW

United Kingdom 

Buellbeast.

Likewise. But it's a bit academic as I don't have that sort of cash lying around at the moment to invest. I would happily pay Wiggs or anyone else that has the balls to invest to use this sysrtem on my D3. Whoever buys it will make their money back very quickly. Bow down Just wish I had the knowledge and money Sad
 HONI SOIT QUI MAL Y PENSE

They shall not grow old as those of us left grow old. Age shall not weary them, nor the years condem. At the going down of the sun, and in the morning WE WILL REMEMBER THEM 

Post #44379725th Mar 2009 8:03 am
MARKW

United Kingdom 

So does this mean that adaptive xenons can be retrofitted? Or is there another box/module that is needed as well or is the loom different?
Could be a raft of upgrades going on and then all the normal xenons will be cheap as well Whistle Whistle . I can see Slimer doing a roaring trade now Bow down
 HONI SOIT QUI MAL Y PENSE

They shall not grow old as those of us left grow old. Age shall not weary them, nor the years condem. At the going down of the sun, and in the morning WE WILL REMEMBER THEM 

Post #44380625th Mar 2009 8:34 am
NoDo$h

Ukraine 

MARKW wrote:

Just need to find someone to stump up the dosh

Shocked woah there!

Back on topic, nice bit of kit, but I know I'd end up with a 3t paperweight if I started poking in the vehicle config. Good to know the codes are now out there for those who know the car to make these upgrades. Thumbs Up

Edit: And by "those who know the car" I mean all those on here who are happy poking around behind the shiny bits, from knowledgable hobby users like Wiggs to the LR Indies like Steve Norman and Ten. Just thought I'd add that lest I should be accused of being anything other than bipartisan on the subject. Neutral
 I know it's not considered "kind" to say no these days, but no. Just no, ok? And if it's not ok, still no.  
Post #44383125th Mar 2009 9:50 am
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Back to top
Page 4 of 8 <12345678>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >