Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Off Topic - Humour, Rants & Pointless Posts

Piers Morgan
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 7 1234567>
terryall

United Kingdom 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3
Piers Morgan

I was flicking through channels and came across the above cretin and suddenly realised his line of interview. He is arguing the case for Shamima Begum to be banned from coming back to the UK which is currently the courts decision. he is actually saying that she knew exactly what she was doing at 15 yrs old
And stood beside her “ husband “ whilst he carried out atrocities. He implies she should have left and not be part of all thieve terrible atrocities. The former ambassador of the USA was interviewed and said that she should come back BUT if it is known she committed any crimes she should be tried by Syria as most victims seemed to come fro there. Morgan’s technique seems to be ignoring what others say and keep banging on about how bad she is in particular and then he tries to link her decision to go at 15 yrs old and the decision in Scotland of the same being able to decide their own sexuality. There is no link between the 2 and he just seems someone who tries any argument to back his views. Can’t believe what I’ve just seen and to be clear I have no opinion on Shamima Begum………until I heard this idiot.
 6 LRs last one 2009 HSE D3.
Current D5 HSE LUX 2019. 

Post #232825427th Feb 2023 8:29 pm
Brian Considine

United Kingdom 

Clearly you have not had much experience of teenagers - they know it all as soon as they are actually teenagers, especially in these days of Google.

Personally, I doubt if she will remain much, if any of a threat as the security services will follow/monitor her every move, but unfortunately at much cost to us.

Much as I can't stand the cretinus morgan I suspect a great many will quietly agree with him.

Maybe, they could just lock the pair of them up together & throw away the key.

Post #232825727th Feb 2023 8:45 pm
terryall

United Kingdom 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

I actually have 4 grown up children so pretty much know how cretinous they can be as well Rolling with laughter
You are probably right about the great British public but it was just his constant banging on and ignoring others views which annoyed me. He has a high profile so is perfectly aware of what he is saying.
Anyhow, I’ve now passed on him so on to the next annoying cretin Laughing
 6 LRs last one 2009 HSE D3.
Current D5 HSE LUX 2019. 

Post #232825827th Feb 2023 8:57 pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 

That's Piers Morgan's MO - shout anyone down that disagrees with him. And if they can't be shouted down then just ignore them and repeat your own position ad nauseam.

It's the "bully interviewer" MO.
 Visiting from rrsport.co.uk
2012 RRS SDV6
2008 RRS TDV8
"When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die! You don't know who's children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they were always going to have to do from the very beginning: SIT DOWN AND TALK!" 

Post #232826227th Feb 2023 9:20 pm
astonbuilder

England 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

.....and some people will form the same opinion of their own accord not because Piers Morgan, or anybody else, has influenced them.

I don't want her to be allowed back to live off the UK taxpayer, watched or otherwise.

Post #232830428th Feb 2023 7:43 am
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 

I'm ambivalent about her. Part of me thinks that she is a victim of those that radicalise others, especially as she was still only a child at the time: I don't think we should demonise victims. And then part of me thinks "WTF did you think was going to happen, you idiot?"

I doubt she'd present a risk to the UK if she was allowed back in but, as said, someone would need to keep an eye on that and there is a cost associated with that.

But I still think Piers Morgan is an odious individual. Laughing
2012 RRS SDV6
2008 RRS TDV8
"When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die! You don't know who's children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they were always going to have to do from the very beginning: SIT DOWN AND TALK!" 

Post #232833028th Feb 2023 9:49 am
LT

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Landmark LE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

If a white 15 year old British middle class girl was groomed and trafficked to Syria for sexual exploitation, one wonders how the right wing media would have reported on it.

Piers Morgan’s MO is to be the King of television shock jocks. That so many people lap up his bigotry is the reason why he still appears on our screens.
 2006 D3 HSE (Original & still the best)-GONE
2010 D4 HSE (A bit bling)-GONE
2014 D4 HSE (Almost too bling)-GONE
2015 D4 HSE (A heated what?)-GONE
2016 D4 Landmark (Written Off)-GONE
2016 D4 Landmark (Surely the last!) PD1881 rims-GONE
2017 FFRR SDV8 Autobiography 

Post #232833428th Feb 2023 10:07 am
astonbuilder

or is 'sexual exploitation' the excuse to justify it? She seemed pretty ambivalent until it may be the ace card to get back to UK.

Quite similar echoes to all the people claiming whatever needed to remain in UK once here when at risk of deportation

Post #232833928th Feb 2023 10:45 am
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 

If you have time, you might find this enlightening as to what some of these girls/women went through.

https://giwps.georgetown.edu/wp-content/up...e-West.pdf

There was definite sexual exploitation - being passed around groups of men for nothing other than being used for sex.

Of course, these girls didn't sign up for that - they thought they were going to some utopian environment thanks to the grooming that was undertaken to persuade them to go there in the first place.
2012 RRS SDV6
2008 RRS TDV8

Post #232834228th Feb 2023 11:12 am
LT

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Landmark LE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

I guess it all depends on if you believe that a 15 year old girl whose parents were immigrants and who at the time felt that she didn’t belong or fit in, could be radicalised, recruited, transported, transferred, harboured and received in Syria for the purposes of ‘sexual exploitation’ and ‘marriage’ to an adult male, or not.

It would certainly be easier, cheaper and I suspect popular with this government’s supporters to banish her.

It is for us as individuals to decide if that’s the morally correct thing to do. It doesn’t sit comfortably with me and I’m concerned that it could set a precedent for the children of other immigrant parents.

Given what she has been thorough, not least the fact that she has given birth to three babies none of whom have survived, I don’t believe she’s in a mentally fit state to comment or defend herself.

Post #232836828th Feb 2023 12:53 pm
Dave T

England 

astonbuilder wrote:
or is 'sexual exploitation' the excuse to justify it? She seemed pretty ambivalent until it may be the ace card to get back to UK.

Quite similar echoes to all the people claiming whatever needed to remain in UK once here when at risk of deportation

And imagine the uproar if she did something if she did come back…………
 Joined the BMWX5 45e group
1994 Defender 90

2015 RRS Corris Grey/Black roof
2016 D4 Graphite Santorini Black
2012 D4 XS Orkney Grey
2005 D3 S Maya Gold

Convoy for Heroes 2011 

Post #232842128th Feb 2023 6:31 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
LT

And imagine the uproar if she did something from another (hostile) country to attack the UK in some form or another. Possibly as revenge,

One could argue that it is safer to have her in the UK being tagged and tracked etc. I think I would. Thumbs Up

Post #232842628th Feb 2023 7:34 pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 

Dave T wrote:
astonbuilder wrote:

And imagine the uproar if she did something if she did come back…………

And imagine the silence if she came back and did nothing....

Or if she came back and sang traditional English folk songs....
2012 RRS SDV6
2008 RRS TDV8

Post #232845328th Feb 2023 11:49 pm
astonbuilder

Both sides of the story are if's and maybe's really but why would you 'risk' it.

Allow her in and then who's next on the list of 'not quite so bad'? OK to accept females but not males as they pose more of a threat, have 'all' of them here so they can be watched, what is 'The Answer'?

The group of girls who went were (supposedly) all into radicalised thinking (groomed or just believed it?), watching beheading video's, sharing them, members of multiple radical/illegal groups, etc. If they had remained they could have done atrocities on home soil, as others have.

I'm not the one having to make the decisions or live with any consequences but, based on what I think I know, I don't want her here and can see no reason to accept the 'PR' being spun around her

Post #23284731st Mar 2023 7:41 am
JordsDisco

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 3.0 SDV6 GS Manual Santorini BlackDiscovery 3

Hear, hear. Thumbs Up

Post #23284741st Mar 2023 7:43 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 7 1234567>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >