Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Off Topic - Humour, Rants & Pointless Posts

Whats Got Your Goat Up today ?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 127 of 286 <123 ... 126127128 ... 284285286>
john watson

Scotland 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Openreach or their navvies . Have been here for months or years off and on. So today pavement dug up and they have the cheek to dump their barriers, signs and assorted gubbins into my hedge and line it of with barriers. Watch this space.
 Once you have defeated the idiots any job is half done. Pity there are so many idiots to defeat.  
Post #225246620th Sep 2021 4:22 pm
Hardware

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Sumatra BlackDiscovery 4

you know the rules on here ... no pics, didn't happen.

Post #225249520th Sep 2021 7:37 pm
Hardware

ASDA .... 3rd week on the trot.

£20+ discrepancy between total shown on receipt and sum of items on receipt.

The worst part is their service desk can't

1. see the issue
2. keeps asking for a photograph of the receipt
3. won't accept a copy of the email as being the receipt
4. won't accept a "forwarded as an attachment" receipt as being the receipt
5. actually has access to the receipt on the ASDA IT system (and has discussed it with me)
6. and when one of them concedes there is something going on that shouldn't ... stops emailing me
7. won't escalate it to someone with authority to investigate it (although last one did mention he ought to)

I'm guessing that they're all just avoiding breaking SLA by passing it to a UK team.

Post #225338725th Sep 2021 8:51 am
sarumlight

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

“ASDA .... 3rd week on the trot.
£20+ discrepancy between total shown on receipt and sum of items on receipt. “

Action Fraud?

Post #225339025th Sep 2021 9:05 am
Moo
D3 Decade 

Ukraine 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Bin ASDA and try another supermarket. Thumbs Up
 New Defender L663 110 SE (known as Noddy!)

Sold Volvo XC90 R-Design (known as Basil)

Sold - D4 HSE (Known as Gerty)

No longer the Old Buses original owner Sad
231,000 miles and counting
05 S manual owned from March 2005
D4 Face lifted
Still original injectors and turbo
V8 Front brakes
BAS Remap, Allisport Intercooler and deCat
EGRs blanked
T-Max split charge
Hanibal Expeedition rack
Prospeed ladder
Duratrac tyres
IID BT
BAS FBH control 

Post #225339625th Sep 2021 9:32 am
Hardware

sarumlight wrote:
“ASDA .... 3rd week on the trot.
£20+ discrepancy between total shown on receipt and sum of items on receipt. “

Action Fraud?

They've not shown up yet so maybe they've binned me off ?

I've threatened them for last 2 weeks that I will ask for refunds on anything delivered but not on the receipt ... think today I'll finally do it.

with the phone-calls and to-fro emails, it's taking longer than just going to the physical shop and buying it all the old fashioned way.

Post #225340625th Sep 2021 10:08 am
Dondiddy

United Kingdom 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux Auto Yulong WhiteDiscovery 4

So I`m I getting this right? Your miffed that Adsa keep giving you free stuff every time you do an online shop? Confused

Post #225340825th Sep 2021 10:13 am
Hardware

no ... miffed they can't give me a receipt for what they are charging me for.

none of these are on the receipt ...

ASDA ASDA Eggs Mixed Weight Free Range 15pk   1   £1.98
ASDA Extra Special Montepulciano D' Abruzzo 75cl          1   £5.50
Cravendale Semi Skimmed Milk 1l                                  1   £1.10
Le Manoir Du Baron Pinot Noir 75cl                                 1   £4.99
Wychwood Brewery Hobgoblin Ruby Ale Beer 500ml        4   £5.00
Wychwood Brewery King Goblin Ale Beer 500ml               2   £3.60

but the total charged includes their value.

edit : refund rejected on alcoholic items. I'll take it up with UK service desk on Monday. They don't work weekends.

Post #225341225th Sep 2021 10:50 am
Dondiddy

United Kingdom 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux Auto Yulong WhiteDiscovery 4

Ah! Now I understand! TBH as long as no actual item was missing (IE the beer!) and I wasn`t being overcharged then I wouldn`t be too fussed! Thumbs Up

Post #225341525th Sep 2021 11:11 am
astonbuilder

England 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

More of the same old Censored about "everyone working really hard/WFH/Covid" boll.....s

Waiting on line half an hour for physical person to answer with the usual muzak in the background interspersed with "your call is important to us" platitudes.

Person answers, security questions, etc. Ask what my call is about and I inform them my fixed rate mortgage is coming up for renewal in couple of months and I'd like to discuss my options, etc.

On hold a while then informed I can go in a queue to talk to an advisor but it could be up to an hour as "they are very busy and WFH"......

a) why can't they call me back when free
b) the WFH comment is extraneous and completely irrelevant; I'm not on hold because they are WFH, I am on hold because nobody available to take my call or busy with another customer or whatever, geography has nothing to do with it.

Don't the people that write these scripts ever see the flaw in their words?

It's already been an hour so that plus the ten minutes talking to somebody and the actual call scheduled to take 'about 30 minutes' and bang goes best part of 2.5 hours and not sure of any outcome yet Rolling Eyes

Post #225380027th Sep 2021 1:28 pm
astonbuilder

And another from me....... Laughing

My current sunny driver car is now a 'classic' so my current company won't insure it so have been shopping around. Worth it anyway as even though I have to cancel my existing policy half way through another NCB year (already have ten years so not a killer really) the classic is remarkably cheap to insure and I have a few sub-£200 quotes coming up.

I am in the owners club and their site sponsors offer deals on insurance for club members so I give them a whirl. Go through all the questions and............... "with club member discount it's £478" is the 'best quote'. Check a few details and see if I'm getting something substantially missing from the others but I'm not.

Its not the 239% on cost in price that irritates but fact that when I said "no thanks, way off the mark" he comes back with "I have another company that will be cheaper.....". Why do I have to refuse to get option of cheaper price Rolling Eyes

Post #22546351st Oct 2021 2:52 pm
rrhool

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

^^ But that is the way with all purchases these days. Insurance, broadband, energy, mobile phones etc. You never get the proper lowest price until you've haggled. It's crazy.
I have heating oil at home, but I hate the annual price game. Phone one supplier, phone another, go back to the first. Waste of my time!
 Richard

D3 SE 2007. Triumph 2.5Pi 1973. Ferguson TEA20 1948.

Discovery 2 4.0 ES 2001- Gone
Discovery 1 300Tdi ES '95 - Gone
Range Rover Classic '79 - Gone 

Post #22546361st Oct 2021 2:57 pm
astonbuilder

EV infrastructure;

It's not keeping pace with demand......

A year ago everyone at work with Jaguar iPace crowing how wonderful it was, easy to get a charge on a journey, no problems, etc. Fast forward to now and lot more people driving EV's generally and a few will admit it is a problem when travelling around UK.

I can add first hand experience now and its getting worse.........fast.

Delivering cars, as I do, is invariably seeing an increase in EV's, I'm doing a 'couple a week' up from one 'now and then' only 3 months ago.

Yesterdays 'fun' delivery was Fiat 500e. Great car but it was the base model 24kw version. My trip was to Kent - 148 miles away.

Forget official range the car itself was showing 101 miles at 100% charge. Trying to eke it out I used the 'Sherpa' setting - this maxxes speed at 50mph, heavy regen' on brakes and switches 'everything off' in the car. Getting onto M40 five miles away and going to 'normal' mode and accelerating to 60mph saw range drop to 79 miles.........

I sat at 60mph, limiter set at 64mph to give me a bit to get past lorries, no aircon, etc. I had to stop at Beaconsfield services some 50 miles away as wouldn't make the next one.

seven chargers, a bank of four on one side of carpark and three on other side - of the bank of four 2 broken, 1 iffy (worked for some, not for others). I waited 20 mins to get on a charger that didn't work for me......

Went to the three opposite as saw tailgate open and luckily they were just leaving. Took 55 mins to charge back to 99% (left the last 1% as no more charge was going in).

Whilst there an EV evangelist asked about the car and I gave my honest view on EV infrastructure. He was the sort that thinks waiting an hour or more to charge up is fine and the seven quid sandwich and coffee at motorway services whilst waiting is fine. I don't think that works for many people myself Confused

I was supposed to hand it to the customer 'minimum 50% charged'. I was ten miles from him with 12 miles range so stopped on M20 services thinking they would likely be quiet. Three chargers - one broken and one car in the other. This charger was a 'double output' one so two cars could go on it. However it all went fine until charging started and a message popped up 'insufficient charge to do two vehicles, will start when enough charge available'..... FFS

It started charging after about ten minutes. I rang the customer with my ETA on hope he would be OK with 'some charge' and he was so I headed off at about 25% charged.

The 148 mile journey took me 4.5 hours on a clear run with driving, waiting and charging times included. I took his old car away (Hybrid Jeep renegade) and the return journey took me 2.5 hours including stop for petrol.

OK, the Fiat was wrong car/wrong journey but the point is you can no longer 'plan' a journey. Motorway chargers are very likely to have cars in them and 50/50 if empty one's are working. ZapMap, or similar, very often show chargers empty and they are not (as you are sat looking at them....). Chargers are not being maintained, says will pump 50kw/H out and sometimes it will be trickling out.

This is going to get worse, quickly, IMO

If you can charge at home/work then its a no-brainer but travel planning away from fixed points is going to get harder for the short term

I got to within

Post #225696514th Oct 2021 11:23 am
SN

But there's a pub at Beaconfield Services... Thumbs Up
 Steve N | 21MY Defender | 08MY Discovery 3 (history) | 06MY Discovery 3 (ancient history)   
Post #225697114th Oct 2021 11:42 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
NoDo$h

Ukraine 

Definitely food for thought.

The next car change in this household will be the Merc being replaced by a Fisker Ocean at some point in 2023. That will give us a petrol Volvo estate with a 550mile real world range and the Fisker with circa 300 (estimated - final specs tbc).

For most of our current use, the Fisker will win hands down with odd overnight charges at home. If I find myself working away again, or making single day trips to places not well connected to SWR train network, then I'll grab the keys to the Volvo if I have to go more than 100miles each way for a single day, or over 200 each way for a multi-day trip.

Every house has a different use case, and I recognise we're in the minority having 2 new cars on the drive and a drive to park on.

BEV isn't going to be for everybody. Reality is, car *ownership* isn't going to be for everybody either. Subscription and Mobility share schemes will become far more common - maybe even the norm in cities and large town by the end of this decade
 I know it's not considered "kind" to say no these days, but no. Just no, ok? And if it's not ok, still no.  
Post #225697214th Oct 2021 11:45 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 127 of 286 <123 ... 126127128 ... 284285286>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >