Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Off Topic - Humour, Rants & Pointless Posts

Whats Got Your Goat Up today ?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 133 of 290 <123 ... 132133134 ... 288289290>
leeds

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Landmark LE Auto Yulong WhiteDiscovery 4

nigethecat wrote:
MyHerpes... they can't deliver when I'm sat at home with the front door open BUT.... they managed to drop off some saw blades to my house last night at 03:13AM !!!!! WTF !!! Censored I should be grateful that I got them at all but it does make me wonder what they were doing coming around someone's house at that time in the morning ?

With the increase in thefts from rural properties it's just asking for trouble...

Herpes can deliver, but the question is where to.

This morning went to warehouse and there was a battered delivery box in the middle of our yard.

A clever Hermes driver had lobbied over a 10 foot high gates.

It was not for us but the company next door which has a very large sign which is perfectly visible from our gates.

Now the local Herpes depot is a long way from us. It must be all of 50 metres away so I took the parcel back to them and said they should sack their driver. Instant response was ‘They are NOT our drivers’

As I walked back I told another Hermes driver that I would be parking in the car parking spot which he thought was a suitable spot to spread all the parcels across. He was not too happy when a Defender wanted to park there 2 minutes later.

Hermes have a drive through warehouse and the agreement with the landlord is to load cars inside the warehouse and NOT outside. Somehow I doubt if a lot of Hermes drivers are legal on grounds of insurance, visibility, security of load etc. One went out with tailgate in roughly open horizontal position secured by one bungee.

Brendan

Post #22603544th Nov 2021 8:13 pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 

People who start answers to a question with "yeah, I mean, you know...".

No, we don't know because you haven't told us anything. And what do you mean when you say "yeah, I mean"?

Sheesh! Banging Head
 Visiting from rrsport.co.uk
2012 RRS SDV6
2008 RRS TDV8
"When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die! You don't know who's children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they were always going to have to do from the very beginning: SIT DOWN AND TALK!" 

Post #22604405th Nov 2021 10:19 am
BBDisco3

United Kingdom 

I Agree ...

....So, what's the answer Laughing

Post #22604535th Nov 2021 11:00 am
john watson

Scotland 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

HMRC premium bonds. SWMBO has some so I check them religiously at the start of every month. October as usual “sorry” . So mid month in comes a “warrant” as they call it for £25. Can’t be right so check back on the web site. No winning bond numbers in the last 6 draws ( it’s a lot longer than that). Warrant into current account so just waiting for them to demand the money back. Still shows up as no winning bond in the last 6 draws! Well don’t look a gift horse in the mouth but you think that they could get it right after all they have been doing it long enough. Probably all down to Brexit or Covid , usual excuses.
 Once you have defeated the idiots any job is half done. Pity there are so many idiots to defeat.  
Post #22604605th Nov 2021 11:24 am
NoDo$h

Ukraine 

Crappy capacitors in supposedly high-end AV kit

All the magic chewing gum has come out, and the special smoke doesn't seem to be in the blu ray player any more Big Cry
 I know it's not considered "kind" to say no these days, but no. Just no, ok? And if it's not ok, still no.  
Post #22605415th Nov 2021 8:48 pm
JordsDisco

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 3.0 SDV6 GS Manual Santorini BlackDiscovery 3

Being told the MIL is coming for Crimbo yet again!

In truth I didn’t think we’d escape her, but SWMBO and her brother were speaking on the phone last night and apparently because his wife’s daughter from a previous marriage, who doesn’t live with them and has a partner, is pregnant again, think it’s number four, this somehow prohibits them having the old battle axe this year, maybe next year.

There has been a flaming problem or circumstance since 1999. Yet again, we are being shafted. It would be nice to have a Crimbo by ourselves and the kids.

When the kids are finally independent and have their own partners and homes, I certainly won’t inflict us on them!

Post #22609168th Nov 2021 3:29 pm
Hardware

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Sumatra BlackDiscovery 4

book a Christmas Break away for just yourselves for next year as your pressie to SWMBO this year. She'll curse you for a day at most but by Boxing Day you'll be back in the good books Laughing

Post #22609208th Nov 2021 3:48 pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 

Good plan. Book it and then tell the other arm of the family that it can't be changed so, sorry, MiL is yours next year come hell or high water. Thumbs Up
 Visiting from rrsport.co.uk
2012 RRS SDV6
2008 RRS TDV8
"When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die! You don't know who's children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they were always going to have to do from the very beginning: SIT DOWN AND TALK!" 

Post #22609228th Nov 2021 3:52 pm
JordsDisco

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 3.0 SDV6 GS Manual Santorini BlackDiscovery 3

Thanks, yes we had thought of that one. Only problem is one or both of us are normally working on Christmas Eve, back on the 27th until New Year’s Eve, back on 2nd.

Surprising but the powers that be plan elective surgery up to 6/7pm on those nights.

Post #22609288th Nov 2021 4:11 pm
astonbuilder

England 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

We're currently 'in negotiation' on my MiL..... Three sisters, one has her a lot, we 'give them a break' now and then but I'm arguing it was 'our' Christmas last year, not my fault Covid put the kybosh on it is it Wink

Maybe sister #3 could have her for just one Christmas but I doubt it as every excuse under the sun applies then for them......

Really sounds mean, especially at Christmas but by god she is Censored hard work to have stop over.....

Post #22609618th Nov 2021 7:03 pm
HWN

Wales 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 4

My MiL lives in an annexe to ours. I recently asked whether she was going anywhere nice for Christmas. Whistle

Even showing her the reply from Trinity House when I'd written to ask if I could spend Christmas in a remote lighthouse "beyond the range of my mother-in-law's broomstick" didn't cause the penny to drop.

2015 Volvo V40
2014 D4 HSE
2006 RRS - C'est mort. Fin...  ...It's alive!  Oh no, it's not - scrapped.
2019 Suzuki Kingquad 400
2017 RamRod Taskmaster 1150
1977 John Deere 2130

Post #22609638th Nov 2021 7:13 pm
Farmer Chalk

England 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Tangiers OrangeDiscovery 3

You lot don’t know how lucky you are…. Every year wife’s sister pulls the same trick…don’t worry everyone I’m going down to see mum and dad to look after them over Xmas…. Phew we all sigh a sign of relief… however it’s the same trick every single year… two days before she’ll plan a crisis which will negate her going..either the dog’s been sick, their children (16 and 19) have had some sort of melt down, her car’s broken down, the dog ate her homework…. What happens then is we drop our plans and have a last minute 250 mile drive to spend it with wife’s parents… yet blow any plans we had with our/my family.
Last year I got sick of it and carried on my plans with our daughter whilst missus drove down to Devon with our lad to rescue a last minute Xmas with MIL.
This year yet again Sis has stated that she’ll go down… already told missus that we are not doing last minute cancellations….

Post #22609658th Nov 2021 7:23 pm
NoDo$h

Ukraine 

NoDo$h wrote:
Cv19 Booster Booking. I'll be eligible in a couple of weeks (6 months post last jab) so wanted to get a date in the diary and plan my work around it.

Oh no. I have to wait until I am eligible before I can book. Not book for when I'm eligible. So reality is I'll be anything from a few days to a few weeks post eligibility when I get the booster.

Do they get pre-teens to code this stuff? FCensoredg idiots

Ever wonder if somebody is watching your every move?

As of today you can book from 1 month in advance of your eligibility date Very Happy
 I know it's not considered "kind" to say no these days, but no. Just no, ok? And if it's not ok, still no. 

Last edited by NoDo$h on 8th Nov 2021 8:37 pm. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #22609778th Nov 2021 8:08 pm
Hardware

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Sumatra BlackDiscovery 4

Farmer Chalk wrote:
You lot don’t know how lucky you are…. Every year wife’s sister pulls the same trick…

A mate of mine suffers a similar issue. The Prodigal Daughter lives a few mins from her mum, never visits, always offers to host mum and never delivers.

So mate and his wife frequently get a 2 hour round trip (plus "fix the problem" time ) and always do it as they are good people.

Yet his MiL thinks the sun shines out of the skiving sisters 4r$£.

Post #22609918th Nov 2021 8:32 pm
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

Thanks for the reminder. We’ve just booked in. Dead easy.

Post #22609928th Nov 2021 8:33 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 133 of 290 <123 ... 132133134 ... 288289290>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >