DISCO4.COM > Technical (D3)

WDS 13 Patch 1 Update removes the Pre Heater and Pre Cooler
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 6 of 9 <123456789>
simon

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Folks...

This software I am talking about is what is included on the WDS 13 v5 disk

Patches are different things and are in addition to what is included on the WDS disk. The system used on my D3 had up to patch 3 on it - may have been on the disk or loaded on the laptop. Was the latest of everything up to a week ago.

Also listed the Lion V8 in the menu too Wink

Patch 4 has just been released on GTR and is documented there - but is new calibrations for the transfer box.

-s

Post #5290111th Apr 2006 1:03 pm
dldisco3

Belgium 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

Lion V8 for the D3? Sweeeeet... Very Happy

I saw in the menu also a 2007 Freelander and a 2.2 diesel engine Wink

Post #5290411th Apr 2006 1:15 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Robbie

United Kingdom 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Baltic BlueDiscovery 4

Mine is just back from the dealer with a full software update. From what a remember it is smoother than the original standard engine map.

But it is sooooo slow now. I guess the boys from Turbochip will have something to do, when they get back from Australia. I need my remap back & fast!

Post #5293711th Apr 2006 5:51 pm
simon

dldisco3 wrote:
Lion V8 for the D3? Sweeeeet... Very Happy

I saw in the menu also a 2007 Freelander and a 2.2 diesel engine Wink

Lion V8... Afraid not... just yet... is in WDS as the software covers RR and RRS too Smile

Also I guess that is a development vehicle breaks down the Mondial guys need to be able to diagnose and help out.

-s

Post #5295911th Apr 2006 8:28 pm
DiscoMad

Simon,
So did this engineer updateyour instrument pack ? I just noted that you said EVERYthing, but havent lost the cabin preheater ????

Can you explain - mine is in for its first service next week and I have asked them for the full load of patches

DM

Post #5414620th Apr 2006 5:58 pm
enzo

United Kingdom 

I have had the patch 13 loaded onto my car two maybe three times now, I havn't noticed any change.

The cabin pre-heater software is still present. The dealer said the I should have lost the option a long time ago, as the download is not a slective one you have to have the whole thing. We both believe that the downloads are not getting onto my car. Just one more problem to be added to the ever increasing list.

The problem is that the dealers cannot upload and find out what software is installed only down load and see if it improves the situation. Seems strange but thats what the service manager said.

Post #5426521st Apr 2006 1:56 pm
Winger
Site Moderator 

2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Aintree GreenDiscovery 4

enzo wrote:
The problem is that the dealers cannot upload and find out what software is installed only down load and see if it improves the situation. Seems strange but thats what the service manager said.

WDS can certainly interrogate the vehicle software levels - so if they cannot do that, then there must me something amiss.

Post #5426721st Apr 2006 2:22 pm
chippypip

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

Don't know if this is old news. I was talking to the service manager today at our local dealership, and he mentioned that there is going to be a 'campaign' of some sort involving D3's being uploaded with all up-to-date patches.

Resistence is futile....

You will be assimilated.

Post #5431821st Apr 2006 6:14 pm
Beldaal

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Hello all
Well I just had some fun ringing my dealer (Stratstone) today to ask what WDS patch level I was put up to at my first service (11 May). After hours (well, minutes) on the phone and being passed around through various puzzled service receptionists, they eventually addmitted to 13 Patch 4.

Since the service, I've noticed that the nose drops 1-2 inches after I turn off (don't have to remove the key) - anything from immediately to 1 minute. Querying this with Stratstone, they said that it has ALWAYS done it. Well, not so that my wife or I EVER noticed it before Shocked . Height control works as normal, and I can only assume that it rises up invisibly after starting, otherwise it'd be about 2 ft underground by now Wink .

Also my wipers seem to have become 'intelligent', becoming intermittent when stopped, and starting up again as soon as I pull off.

The engine felt very different for a few days after service, but now feels OK again, but consumption seems to have fallen to 26.6mpg (from 27.4) - although that may be because my wife hasn't been driving it for a bit Confused

Don't really understand all this - give me back my old Series IIa and the Haines manual .....

Nigel

Post #5970823rd May 2006 9:57 am
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

The air suspension drops on mine occasioanaly too. It usually happens if I park up with some steering lock on. It ahs always done it.

WDS P4 does make the engine different, it boosts the mid range torque to help hill starts, it also helps to slow speed handiling on the engine.

Not sure what you mean with the wipers, I have the auto wipers, so never noticed if they stop when the car does nor not.

Welcome to Disco 3 Razz

Post #5976823rd May 2006 6:07 pm
lee01277

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Beldaal wrote:

Also my wipers seem to have become 'intelligent', becoming intermittent when stopped, and starting up again as soon as I pull off.

The wipers do do this on the non auto wiper models. Says so in the book. When you stop, they go to the slower setting, then spark up when you start moving again.. I guess because a stopped car doesn't get as much water on the screen as a moving car.
 ..............Somewhere in-between my old D3 and what's to come next .........  
Post #5977123rd May 2006 6:22 pm
Beldaal

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Nothing much to do this evening, so I re-read tons in the forum, and (after learning a lot) decided to look for my pre-heat/pre-cool (too overwhelmed in the past to even realise I had the FBH - except I had noticed the exhaust from an unexpected location when cold-starting).

So, after 13 Patch 4 (or so Stratstone say) I still have pre-heat and pre-cool in settings, and pre-cool works (with the radio hack)Surprised . Unfortunately, not much opportunity to test the pre-heat for a few months Smile

Please forgive if this is all discussed ad-nauseam elsewhere.

Thank you all (especially Martin) for just about the best and most knowledgeable forum I've ever encountered (on any subject). I'm just waiting (probably forever) until I can contribute something of value.......

Nigel
 '05 Zambezi TDV6 S Manual  
Post #624176th Jun 2006 10:19 pm
simon

I still have the pre heat/pre cool menu too. And also no i appears in the Message Centre when the thing demands my attention.

There must be some different options in WDS to turn off the menu by request of the engineer.

-s

Post #624326th Jun 2006 11:51 pm
Winger
Site Moderator 

2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Aintree GreenDiscovery 4

Simon, you don't have the latest software then.

Post #625097th Jun 2006 12:10 pm
simon

I do according to my LRA chap. He spent an hour revving everything.

Maybe he decided to leave my pre heat / pre cool alone as I mentioned the issue ??

-s

Post #625217th Jun 2006 12:52 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 6 of 9 <123456789>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >